Mel Gibson To Co-Write & Direct ‘Wild Bunch’ Remake At Warner Bros.

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score

Mel Gibson has been set by Warner Bros to direct The Wild Bunch, a new version of the 1969 Sam Peckinpah-directed classic Western. Gibson is writing the script with Bryan Bagby. Gibson will be executive producer.

In The Wild Bunch, an aging group of outlaws look for one last big score as the traditional American West is disappearing around them and the industrial age is taking over. They are pursued by a posse led by a former partner they double crossed.

I remember a while they tried to do a remake of the Wild Bunch before which was going to be set in present day, I think doing a straight up Western remake of it will be tough as the film is pretty much a perfect execution of it's concept with some classic action from Peckinpah.

THE WILD BUNCH is an excellent movie. Great storyline, action, and acting. I personally see no reason to remake it. Put the time and money into making a new original western.

I mean I guess he's better than some hack. But the original is great the way it is.

I just can't see the point. The original is rather perfect.

I'm not sure...

What ever I might say about Mel personally... I have to give this idea credit... This is about as perfect a match of subject matter and creator as could be. This is right up Mel's alley.

So long as he stays in the director's chair and doesn't hand it off to someone else in favor of just acting in it, it'll probably be awesome.

Mel Is a brilliant director! I am looking forward to this big time. It’s sad though that it seems like he will never make his Medici based movie. He kept talking about this in interviews after Hacksaw but there’s been no progress it seems

I still want him to make Berserker, that viking movie.

That’s an exciting cast so far.

I especially like Dinklage as a gunslinger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"