Warner Bros. to Reboot Lethal Weapon

Lethal Weapon is a clone of 48 HRS.

People liked to label 48 HRS as a buddy cop film, but Eddie Murphy wasn't a cop in it. So, The Last Boy Scout has more in common with 48 HRS than Lethal Weapon.

No, it isn't. It's a major Lethal Weapon clone. And it infamously under-performed at the box office after WB paid Shane Black a ridiculous amount of money for the script. That movie was so un-original that Bruce Willis basically played a drunk John McClane.

I've always been a firm believer that studios should only remake movies that sucked but showed potential. The Last Boy Scout is a good example of that. If they had removed all the gimmicks it would have been a fine action flick.

The last Boy Scout is one of the best action movies ever. I prefer it to Lethal Weapon.

And clone or not, better movie is better movie.

Lethal Weapon reboot if it ever happens my ideal twosome of Murtaugh and Riggs would be Jamie Foxx as Murtaugh and Chris Hemsworth as Riggs

The last Boy Scout is one of the best action movies ever. I prefer it to Lethal Weapon.

And clone or not, better movie is better movie.

I'm a huge Shane Black fan, so I love both. Maybe I find (the original) Lethal Weapon to be the superior one, but I think they're both milestones in the action genre.

But a Lethal Weapon reboot is inevitable just like how a Mad Max reboot was inevitable, if Lethal Weapon's reboot ever does get made then yes Chris Hemsworth would be the perfect Riggs if you think about it because everyone already compares him to Mel Gibson in the sense of his acting style but also because of his look he could actually pull off actually being Martin Riggs

Ah I wondered when this would get its turn for the reboot treatment. Its reboot crazy season!!!

And who knows maybe the reboot could be just as good as the original

Jesus, you people scared the **** out of me.

The films have been on IFC the past week. The first two are perfectly fine and there's no reason why people can't just watch those.

Any reboot of the series has to be very carefully handled.

Dont want a reboot, but if they were to do it... Denzel Washington as Murtagh is the only person I'd except

No reason at all to do it though. I remember the rumor from some years back where Columbus SHort was going to be Murtagh's son

Last edited:
Why are we randomly bumping a thread that's had no news for four years?

Dont want a reboot, but if they were to do it... Denzel Washington as Murtagh is the only person I'd except

No reason at all to do it though. I remember the rumor from some years back where Columbus SHort was going to be Murtagh's son

I was kind of thinking Samuel L Jackson....

In Denzel Voice- "I'm getting too old for this ****"

In Sam's voice- "IM GETTIN TOO OLD FO DIS ****"

Christian Bale as Riggs is the only person who I could see could match the bat **** insanity that Gibson portrayed.

I prefer my Riggs suicidal and ****ed up as all can be. Butt and all.

Bale as Riggs would be cool.

SLJ as Murtagh would be great too.

Denzel as Murtagh and Hemsworth as Riggs now that would be an interesting dynamic for sure

Whats' the point of bumping threads when there's been absolutely no news?

no thanks. Might as well call the movie something else with all new character names.

fallen angel - for the purpose of social interaction

It's not interacting. It's just bumping, people say their piece, and it'll die down again. There's no news on Lethal Weapon at all, so it's pointless.

If I'm not mistaken, don't we have a general movie discussion thread around here? That's more appropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"