Mera Recasting Thread

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Mera being recast is inevitable at this point so with that in mind as far as actresses who can replace Amber Heard as Mera

Madelaine Petsch
Bridget Regan
Eleanor Tomlinson
Deborah Ann Woll
Isla Fisher
Olga Kurylenko
Karen Gillan (even though she is a part of the MCU right now as Nebula)
Kate Mara
Sophie Turner
Christina Hendricks
Bryce Dallas Howard
Alicia Vikander
Jessica Chastain
Evan Rachel Wood

The most perfect replacement is Jason Momoa's Game of Thrones co-star Emilia Clarke

Because of the fact of all the controversy surrounding Amber Heard but also I swear her contract with DC is up unless I could be wrong. However, either way they won't keep her around in the role for long especially with what I've heard.

If it happens, Abbey Lee who was up the role against Heard.

Because of the fact of all the controversy surrounding Amber Heard but also I swear her contract with DC is up unless I could be wrong. However, either way they won't keep her around in the role for long especially with what I've heard.
You mean about her ****storm of a marriage with Depp? I can see that the role may be recast but I don't think it's in any way inevitable. Unless something else has emerged very recently that I haven't heard about.

She’s facing serious jail time if the court decides she falsified evidence.

From what I've read, and unless there's some last minute evidence they haven't realesed (tricky to say, given both parties seem equally willing to play in the public opinion arena as they seem to want to win the cases), I wouldn't bet on that, "your word against mine" (i.e. just having someone say she did it) stuff is pretty filmsy on court, they're going to need something more tangible for jail-time (keep in mind, I'm not saying she did or didn't do it, just that given the ****storm and hurricane of lies in that relationship you need solid proof to win an actual court case).

Which is another reason why DC/WB and Wan could cut her loose

Oh sure, they probably don't want to take the chance. Probably try to quietly part ways.

Though if they don't want to attract controversy I think it's more probable that they simply retire the character and find a different love interest, recasting the role attracts the kind of questions they would want to avoid in the first place.

Oh please :whatever:

Recasting actors because of offscreen issues like this is always lame.

And in no way “inevitable”.
They should recast her because she's a bad actress too

Yes she is, but that's a whole other conversation.

I didn't even like her (or Momoa for that matter) in Aquaman, but stuff like this pushes me into defending actors I don't even like because it's a bad reason to recast a part.

I think Teresa Palmer is the more closer option in potential, for me.

I actually thought Momoa and Heard were better than their supporting cast in Aquaman. Nicole Kidman and Patrick Wilson were uncharacteristically weak.

I don't want Mera recast (in terms of the movie, not getting into the situation with Heard), and I definitely don't want Mera herself replaced because she was my favorite part of the movie. I genuinely might just drop the series if they eliminated Mera. Hypothetically, though, considering a new actress would be playing the same version of the character...I think Evan Rachel Wood and Teresa Palmer are the best choices who've been brought up. I like Wood more for Poison Ivy and Palmer more for Jean Grey, though.

I don't see how Amber Heard's personal life should affect her career.

Why should she lose her job over a personal dispute between her and her ex husband? Doesn't make sense.

I agree.

Reactions: CJ
She's a public figure.

If she's proven to have been abusive towards her husband, and to have falsified evidence, I think it's very reasonable that she be removed from tentpole films.

She doesn't get to have a private life in respect of these things by virtue of her career choice. If it was Momoa, he'd be gone in a heartbeat.

I don't see how Amber Heard's personal life should affect her career.

Why should she lose her job over a personal dispute between her and her ex husband? Doesn't make sense.
People can get fired for personal stuff. Look at the Rosanne thing.

I won’t go on a debate on whether she’s innocent or not as that veers towards off topic territory (and I advise everyone to stay on topic as well) and I’m not invested enough on either side of the party. The key here though is whether she’s proven guilty or not especially in the eyes of the public. She can try to sue if she’s fired when nothing substantial comes out of her hearing.

Her situation is also a bit different because all this hoopla is literally personal. What happened is just between her very famous husband and her. It’s also not one sided. The two are literally having a very tiring messy public fight.

I’m not saying it won’t happen but I don’t think it’s ‘inevitable’ either. These things are tricky and a lot can still happen. It also seems like that Wan and Momoa have her back so that might count for something as well. The cleanest way to go about it is probably to just write off the character (or minimize the role) as someone suggested.

I’m not saying it won’t happen but I don’t think it’s ‘inevitable’ either. These things are tricky and a lot can still happen. It also seems like that Wan and Momoa have her back so that might count for something as well. The cleanest way to go about it is probably to just write off the character (or minimize the role) as someone suggested.

Basically.

I won’t go on a debate on whether she’s innocent or not as that veers towards off topic territory (and I advise everyone to stay on topic as well) and I’m not invested enough on either side of the party. The key here though is whether she’s proven guilty or not especially in the eyes of the public. She can try to sue if she’s fired when nothing substantial comes out of her hearing.

Her situation is also a bit different because all this hoopla is literally personal. What happened is just between her very famous husband and her. It’s also not one sided. The two are literally having a very tiring messy public fight.

If you write off Mera, Aquaman is gonna need a new love interest and who would it be

Or maybe just no love interest? They could give Momoa the Valkyrie to his Thor, worked pretty well for Ragnarok, right?.

Or maybe just no love interest? They could give Momoa the Valkyrie to his Thor, worked pretty well for Ragnarok, right?.

I can go for that vibe if they take that approach

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"