Mera Recasting Thread

I’m not a fan of recasting and have been anti-cancel culture, but I think it’s only fair that Amber Heard gets the boot from DC since Johnny Depp got removed from Fantastic Beasts

The double standards at play are ridiculous

Yeah, it's stupid. Heard should have been thrown out too,

I’m not a fan of recasting and have been anti-cancel culture, but I think it’s only fair that Amber Heard gets the boot from DC since Johnny Depp got removed from Fantastic Beasts

The double standards at play are ridiculous

I wouldn't call them "double standards". The evidence that both Depp and Heard were violent to each other has been around for a while, and yet WB decided to ignore it the whole time and stick with both. Depp has just got the boot because the UK's highest court spent three months analysing all the evidence and concluded that ultimately Depp was the main perpetrator of violence and is a "wifebeater". This might have shocked people whose only source of evidence was a highly edited and cut YouTube video leaked by Depp's lawyer, but if you read the official ruling, it makes sense.

Both Depp and Heard sound like asses, but people demanding Heard also now be fired seem to be missing the main point: Depp is now a court-affirmed wife-beater and abuser. Heard is not. That's why he's gone. It is a legal issue.

I wouldn't call them "double standards". The evidence that both Depp and Heard were violent to each other has been around for a while, and yet WB decided to ignore it the whole time and stick with both. Depp has just got the boot because the UK's highest court spent three months analysing all the evidence and concluded that ultimately Depp was the main perpetrator of violence and is a "wifebeater". This might have shocked people whose only source of evidence was a highly edited and cut YouTube video leaked by Depp's lawyer, but if you read the official ruling, it makes sense.

Both Depp and Heard sound like asses, but people demanding Heard also now be fired seem to be missing the main point: Depp is now a court-affirmed wife-beater and abuser. Heard is not. That's why he's gone. It is a legal issue.

Perfectly put.

The way Amber has been treated over Johnny during this entire thing has been not a good look on fans in general.

So basically, this thread aged about as well as the Ezra Miller/Barry Allen recasting thread:

Amber Heard shoots down rumors, says she'll return for 'Aquaman 2'

"I'm super excited about the amount of fan love and the amount of fan appreciation that Aquaman has acquired and that it has garnered so much excitement for Aquaman and Mera that it means we'll be coming back," Heard tells EW. "I'm so excited to film that."

Perfectly put.

The way Amber has been treated over Johnny during this entire thing has been not a good look on fans in general.
Based on the situation, if both sides treated it eachother like that, and considering, as far as I know, Depp wasn't the one who ignited the issue publicly at first, I think it's not necessarily out of the question for some fans to have more sympathy for Depp. If both sides are like that, why can only he be accused and, legal issue or not, why does that mean only he gets punished?

Based on the situation, if both sides treated it eachother like that, and considering, as far as I know, Depp wasn't the one who ignited the issue publicly at first, I think it's not necessarily out of the question for some fans to have more sympathy for Depp. If both sides are like that, why can only he be accused and, legal issue or not, why does that mean only he gets punished?

No one is saying that only he can be accused. Fans were calling for Amber to be punished while he gets off free but now its reversed and now its "well both of them".

The funny thing is that Depp likely wouldn't have been asked to leave FB if he hadnt gone after The Sun. There wouldnt have been the trial that found him guilty which is the reason why he was asked to leave. Amber hasnt been found guilty of anything as of it.

No one is saying that only he can be accused. Fans were calling for Amber to be punished while he gets off free but now its reversed and now its "well both of them".

The funny thing is that Depp likely wouldn't have been asked to leave FB if he hadnt gone after The Sun. There wouldnt have been the trial that found him guilty which is the reason why he was asked to leave. Amber hasnt been found guilty of anything as of it.
I can understand more sympathy for, if they were both to blame, Depp, in this case, in either scenario. As far as I know, he didn't start the situation. If they're both to blame, I think neither should be making a thing out of it. If they're both to blame, why must he be punished, essentially for being accused of something, if he wasn't saying anything before that, and trying to fight it?

I can understand more sympathy for, if they were both to blame, Depp, in this case, in either scenario. As far as I know, he didn't start the situation. If they're both to blame, I think neither should be making a thing out of it. If they're both to blame, why must he be punished, essentially for being accused of something, if he wasn't saying anything before that, and trying to fight it?

He was found guilty of abuse, that is why he is being punished. The studio obviously didnt care before he lost his lawsuit.

He was found guilty of abuse, that is why he is being punished. The studio obviously didnt care before he lost his lawsuit.

Exactly. Everything about the marriage seems toxic but Depp has been the one found guilty of abuse, which opens up WB to legal implications. People also forget that this was Depp vs The Sun and Heard wasn't officially on trial either.

Hollywood continues to employ people who are known to be toxic *******s in all shapes and sizes as long as they don't create problems on set and the cast and crew of Aquaman seem to be very supportive of her. If Depp hadn't sued the Sun then WB would still be employing him.

And to be honest they've probably done calculations and come to the conclusion that very few people are not going to see AM2 because of Heard.

They still employ Ezra when there is video evidence of him physically attacking someone but they keep him around since nothing legal has been done about it.

The point is, he has started this entire situation. Everyone had moved on from 2016. Depp was still making big movies, still had huge support. Most people didn't care about what had happened with Heard. He decided to sue The Sun for libel. He also decided to sue Heard in the US for defamation. He will lose that case just as he lost the UK case because the evidence that he assaulted Heard is overwhelming.

She is now counter-suing him for defamation and launching a smear campaign against her – e.g. saying she's lying, it was all a "hoax", leaking highly edited audios that paint her as the aggressor. They both sound like extremely volatile individuals but just as WB had to get rid of Depp, they also can't get rid of Heard: she's now a court-affirmed victim of domestic violence.

(For what it's worth, I think she'll also successfully sue Depp, as unlike his case against her, she'll be able to prove he had a "malicious intent". His text below is pretty eye-opening!)

“She’s begging for total global humiliation…She’s gonna get it… she sucked Mollusk’s crooked d*** and he gave her some s****** lawyers…I have no mercy, no fear and not an ounce of emotion, or what I once thought was love for this gold digging, low level, dime a dozen, mushy, pointless dangling overused flappy fish market.

I’m so f***** happy she wants to go to fight this out!!! She will hit the wall hard!!! ANd I cannot wait to have this waste of a c** guzzler out of my life!!! I met an f***ing sublime little Russian here…Which made me realize the time I blew on that 50 cent s*****. I wouldn't touch her with a goddam glove. I can only hope that karma kicks in and takes the gift of breath from her...

But, NOW, I will stop at nothing!!! Let’s see if mollusk has a pair…Come see me face to face…I’ll show him things he’s never seen before….Like, the other side of his d*** when I slice it off.”

The point is, he has started this entire situation. Everyone had moved on from 2016. Depp was still making big movies, still had huge support. Most people didn't care about what had happened with Heard. He decided to sue The Sun for libel. He also decided to sue Heard in the US for defamation.
If he was accused, if he didn't do it like that, I don't agree. Whether people had moved on or not, whether he had jobs and/or support or not.

They still employ Ezra when there is video evidence of him physically attacking someone but they keep him around since nothing legal has been done about it.

I remember everyone threw a fit when that video happened and then nothing.

If the recast occurs, I think Teresa Palmer, Rachel Nichols or Rebecca Ferguson have a look for it.

I know it would be a long shot and getting her tied to a big franchise would be a big ask for her, but Emily Blunt would rock in this role.

She looks enough like Heard that the switch wouldn’t be too distracting. She’s a fantastic actor and can be effortlessly charismatic, dramatic and emotional at the drop of a hat. She has instant chemistry with anyone she acts with on screen, which would greatly benefit the onscreen Arthur and Mera romance. She can absolutely get into top shape and do action scenes, as seen in Edge of Tomorrow. She also has history with and is still doing stuff with Warner Bros.

If they choose to recast, I think Samara Weaving might be a good pick.

Katie McGrath?

98e9e2d92eed443bf8c6065114de690d.jpg

In terms of continuity, I think Olivia Wilde has a similar vibe to Amber Heard and makes for a badass action heroine.
dVKMw.png

wkWwRLMeRLcU7TPZ9

Last edited:
Although I don't think a recast would happen now... I think Phoebe Dynevor would be a great shout. She's everywhere at the moment due to Bridgerton and I think could pull off that strong and regal vibe Mera has.
phoebe-dynevor-louis-vuitton-dress-bafta-awards-2021.jpg

Although I don't think a recast would happen now... I think Phoebe Dynevor would be a great shout. She's everywhere at the moment due to Bridgerton and I think could pull off that strong and regal vibe Mera has.
phoebe-dynevor-louis-vuitton-dress-bafta-awards-2021.jpg

Maybe save her for Jean Grey?

All this aged really well. I noticed some of the links reporting Amber Heard being "fired" for not being fit enough, drinking too much, and being replaced by Emilia Clarke have disappeared from the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"