MGM to adapt Fiddler on the Roof

I’ve seen a few nerd types dismissing this and it’s like.... guys, we’ve had like 756 superhero movies in the last twenty years, I think two Fiddler on the Roofs over a fifty year period is survivable.

I’m game for a new adaption. Why not? People go to see broadway shows with different casts all the time. Wonder who they’ll get to play the lead?

Could be good but it will be hard to top the original. I know not everyone loves this musical but that was a damn near perfect film, IMO.

I’m game for a new adaption. Why not? People go to see broadway shows with different casts all the time. Wonder who they’ll get to play the lead?

Depends on if they go for "Hollywood star who fits the role even if he's not the best singer" vs. "Best singer/ Broadway veteran who isn't known outside of theater but will nail the role". The great thing about this show is that it has tons of smaller roles where they can put the star power and get a singer for the lead. I bet Josh Groban ends up in it somewhere, maybe as Motel the tailor.

Maybe Mandy Patinkin as Tevye?

Depends on if they go for "Hollywood star who fits the role even if he's not the best singer" vs. "Best singer/ Broadway veteran who isn't known outside of theater but will nail the role".

I’ll take the better actor over the most “trained” Broadway singer. Hopefully they choose someone great at both which can be tricky.

You can be a sucky singer and still power through a musical adaptation. The acting is more in play as opposed to theater.

You can be a sucky singer and still power through a musical adaptation. The acting is more in play as opposed to theater.
I guess it worked for Russell Crowe in Les Mis, even though there were still plenty of people making fun of his singing...uh...skills.

Depends on if they go for "Hollywood star who fits the role even if he's not the best singer" vs. "Best singer/ Broadway veteran who isn't known outside of theater but will nail the role". The great thing about this show is that it has tons of smaller roles where they can put the star power and get a singer for the lead. I bet Josh Groban ends up in it somewhere, maybe as Motel the tailor.

Maybe Mandy Patinkin as Tevye?

Oh my gosh yes I love Mandy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"