Mike Judge's Silicon Valley

Why?

Movie opportunities? Personal beef?

It just just seems weird to me. I mean he's such a comedic force on the show of all the characters to get rid of he seems like the worse option. But hey. Well see

Movie opportunities.

Yeah, it's gonna be weird not having him there, but hey.

Why?

Movie opportunities? Personal beef?

It just just seems weird to me. I mean he's such a comedic force on the show of all the characters to get rid of he seems like the worse option. But hey. Well see

http://bgr.com/2017/05/25/silicon-valley-season-5-tj-miller-leaving/

As The Hollywood Reporter notes, Miller’s career has picked up considerably since Silicon Valley debuted in 2014, both on TV and in film. He played major roles in both Office Christmas Party and Deadpool in 2016, the latter of which he is expected to return to for the sequel in 2018. He also launched The Gorburger Show on Comedy Central and guest starred in a few episodes of Pete Holmes’ Crashing.

At the moment, Miller is on the road promoting The Emoji Movie, in which he will play the main character, Gene. His busy schedule certainly appears to have contributed to this mutual decision by HBO and Miller. Thankfully for fans of the show, Miller appears to be the only major departure.

Shame he's going. He (and Jared) are the driving force of the comedy on the show. Wonder how they'll write him off.

Hopefully Jian Yang still gets to live rent free.

The jokes have been pretty good, but what I don't like about this season is everything is resolved within the episode. Hooli buys Piper Chat which faces billions in fines? Gavin gets fired in the same episode and that's all we hear.

the billion dollar fine episode is my favorite ep of the series so far. The ending always gets me

I HATE how unceremoniously Erlich was written off. Considering that he was, at one point, the Steve Jobs to Richard's Steve Wozniak, the shift away from that this season felt very sudden (especially since Erlich is the one who saved the company last season). Plus to give the character THAT exit...it felt disrespectful to the fans.

But it seems, based on the press surrounding it, the exit was Miller's idea. I just don't understand why he would walk. Its not like has been overwhelmed with Hollywood success and has people pounding down the door to get him.

I HATE how unceremoniously Erlich was written off. Considering that he was, at one point, the Steve Jobs to Richard's Steve Wozniak, the shift away from that this season felt very sudden (especially since Erlich is the one who saved the company last season). Plus to give the character THAT exit...it felt disrespectful to the fans.

But it seems, based on the press surrounding it, the exit was Miller's idea. I just don't understand why he would walk. Its not like has been overwhelmed with Hollywood success and has people pounding down the door to get him.

People forget these people have lives outside of work.
Maybe he wanted to spend more time with his wife
Maybe he wanted to spend more time with his friends

And you don't know dude. You don't know what other offers he's getting. Just because you may not see someone doesn't mean they aren't making moves

THAT BEING SAID, his THR exit interview is weird.
Not a good look for him. It does make mention of what I said before. He wants to do other things and see his wife. But it seems like he has a bit of beef or at least disagreement with Thomas Middleditch (Richard)

Yeah, he kinda burned that bridge. It's pretty clear he's done with the show itself.

People forget these people have lives outside of work.
Maybe he wanted to spend more time with his wife
Maybe he wanted to spend more time with his friends

And you don't know dude. You don't know what other offers he's getting. Just because you may not see someone doesn't mean they aren't making moves

THAT BEING SAID, his THR exit interview is weird.
Not a good look for him. It does make mention of what I said before. He wants to do other things and see his wife. But it seems like he has a bit of beef or at least disagreement with Thomas Middleditch (Richard)

I dunno man. I read that article as Miller being a diva. There is stuff between the lines that goes beyond the little (not so) veiled jabs at Middleditch. For example, he comments that HBO, in trying to keep him, said there could be a story line where he only interacted with Jian-Yang. Miller drops that so casually and doesn't touch on it at all. But it raises the question, why would HBO and the producers have offered that as an incentive? It makes it sound a helluva lot like Miller wasn't able to work with the rest of the cast. Factor in his self-important bull **** ("I'm a comedian, not an actor;" "I make comedy to make people laugh because their lives are essentially tragic" :barf: what a docuhe) and the way he almost maliciously brags about leaving the show and forcing it to change ("I don't ask for more lines . . . I'm not Thomas Middleditch . . . leaving changes the show . . . it was a joke . . . a funny trick I played on everyone") and he just comes off as a giant ****ing diva.

Last edited:
I never said he's not being a diva. But I'm also saying that these actors have other lives and they just may not see a future in the show.
I mean really, for whatever reason, he wasn't that essential this season. He was funny but still.

I dunno man. I read that article as Miller being a diva. There is stuff between the lines that goes beyond the little (not so) veiled jabs at Middleditch. For example, he comments that HBO, in trying to keep him, said there could be a story line where he only interacted with Jian-Yang. Miller drops that so casually and doesn't touch on it at all. But it raises the question, why would HBO and the producers have offered that as an incentive? It makes it sound a helluva lot like Miller wasn't able to work with the rest of the cast. Factor in his self-important bull **** ("I'm a comedian, not an actor;" "I make comedy to make people laugh because their lives are essentially tragic" :barf: what a docuhe) and the way he almost maliciously brags about leaving the show and forcing it to change ("I don't ask for more lines . . . I'm not Thomas Middleditch . . . leaving changes the show . . . it was a joke . . . a funny trick I played on everyone") and he just comes off as a giant ****ing diva.

I agree with all this.

Dude's just high on his own juice right now, it seems.

Anyone still watching this? It's clearly on a downtrend. Not awful but I'm mostly tuning in out of habit. Dinesh and Guilfoyle get too much screen time for the same jokes.

Judge is probably getting burned out like he does with all his shows, and is ready to move on.

I still enjoy it, and enjoy the Gavin stuff more than I thought I would, though like Barry, am surprised at how fast the season has flown by since we're already at the finale this Sunday. And with no Veep or Game of Thrones this year, I'm curious what programming HBO will have this summer.

Yeah, doesn't seem to be any quality downturn to me, it's still funny as ****.

Just takes a little getting used to the new dynamic outside of the house, with them tasting some success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"