Mike Tyson Biopic Starring Jamie Foxx

If that interview means Scorsese is still directing, awesome!

If that interview means Scorsese is still directing, awesome!
Was he directing? I know he was producing but I never heard if he was officially directing

If he is? Of course, I'm here for it. Wonder when it will come out I assume filming is a year+ away. Scorsese has to still shoot Killer of the Flower Moon

EDIT: Just watched the All the Smoke clip. It's weird that no trades reported on Scorsese joining. At least not that I saw.

Was he directing? I know he was producing but I never heard if he was officially directing

If he is? Of course, I'm here for it. Wonder when it will come out I assume filming is a year+ away. Scorsese has to still shoot Killer of the Flower Moon

I looked up articles from 2015 and 2017 that stated he would direct.

I looked up articles from 2015 and 2017 that stated he would direct.
Yeah I see that now.

Strange because it's only Jamie Foxx saying Scorsese will be doing it. No official articles like with other directing announcements, nothing from Scorsese himself regarding it

In any case, I like it. After seeing what Scorsese has done with certain aspects of Italian-American and Irish-American cutlures; I've wanted to see him thing with Black-American culture. He was also attached to a Richard Pryor biopic way back in the day

Jamie Foxx can pack a punch, but will need to go into a 'dark hole' for new Mike Tyson biopic, says close pal

In an exclusive interview with The Sun, his former trainer-turned-stylist, Jack Manson, has spoken about his long-time friend taking on the role of a lifetime in Finding Mike.

He has also hung out with the famous pair, who have been close since the 90s.

Asked if he's ever seen Jamie in a fight, he admitted: "Oh yeah, I have. It ain't nothing nice, I can tell you that. You ain't gonna run up on him that's for sure.

"Trust and believe when I tell you, he can hold his own.

"Will he train, will he be ready for this role? He definitely will be. But I think the story is bigger than just boxing.

"I don't think it's centred around Jamie getting in shape to play this boxer, I think the story is more ... Who is Mike Tyson? What is his journey?

"It'll be good, but I think people will have to be patient and let the process happen."

Jack, who has known Foxx for the best part of a decade, admits the fact he won an Academy Award for his portrayal of blind musician Ray Charles in his 2004 biopic puts pressure on him, but he's confident he can pull off another stellar performance.

"The downside is he's won an Oscar, he's played this epic character, so that sets the bar, you don't expect any less than that," he said.

"But to get that requires study, requires patience, requires sometimes going into a dark hole to bring that out, and he'll have to do that."

The actor has teased the project in many interviews, but only last week confirmed the ball is rolling for production and he's baulked up with new trainer Nate Borunda, co-founder of Sports Academy in LA.

"The biggest [reason] that took them so long was they wanted the right script," Jack revealed. "They wanted a script that could tell Mike's story from a place he is now and go back, Mike is a very complex individual.

"He needed someone to tell the story without just focusing on all the bad sh** that went on, humanize him.

"Jamie wants to do it justice, and he also doesn't want to demonize him either, in a way that makes him look like an imbecile.

"We can all tell the story of Mike Tyson, you can go on YouTube and look up everything on his life."

'Iron Mike' has been involved in many controversies during his illustrious career.

The star, who is considered one of the best heavyweights of all time, wants to tell his full story in the new movie.

Quizzed on what it will reveal, Jack said: "I believe that it won't all be new, but it's a chance for the mature, older Mike to look back at his life.

"Everything from the rape charges to being at the pinnacle of boxing and losing a child, he's had these peaks and valleys in life that a lot of us will never have experienced or even survived.

"He's got the time and experience to look back and reflect on it like, 'You know what, maybe I was a little bit crazy, maybe some of that stuff I deserved', but at the time, he was blaming everybody else."

Asked his opinion of Mike now, Jack described him as being "more personable" and in touch with who he is as a person.

"I can tell you just from sitting in the presence of conversations, he's very amenable, whereas back then he was very guarded," he said.

"I believe there's still some degree of guardedness, but because he doesn't have all those other weights in his life, he's much more personable.

"Even people he doesn't know, he's like, 'Hey brother, how are you?' He acknowledges people in the room."

Mike is backing his pal Foxx to pull off a perfect performance, but delivered a stark warning about the challenge ahead.

In an interview with Charlie Mack, he said: "He can do a great job I know that.

"I'm very grateful. I'm very excited about it. I'm gonna sit down and tell him the truth and he's gonna have to learn to process that.

"It's not going to be pretty."

'Power' player: Jamie Foxx on his new Netflix film and becoming the first Black Pixar lead

The ever-restless soul has many other irons in the fire for an indeterminate post-pandemic future, including a Netflix series with his older daughter Corinne, 28, and his long-gestating passion project: a Mike Tyson biopic. (Recent beefy Instagram snaps don’t do justice as to how hard Foxx is working to get into character, as he attempts to sculpt a very specific back muscle of Tyson’s.) Foxx acknowledges that the boxer is a controversial figure. “Listen, all you can do is tell your story,” he says, noting that part of the film will depict Tyson’s marriage to his wife, Kiki, “who saved this man from whatever demons inside and outside of his life.”

That is totally not in the cards Robin. They better pick someone good to play you.

She should’ve been a much bigger actress than she is also.

Jamie Foxx Wants His Mike Tyson To Be So Convincing, It Fools The Boxer’s Kids

Famous actors have stepped into the roles of boxers and boxing legends over the years. Will Smith played the “Greatest” of all time, Muhammad Ali. Robert De Niro looked unbeatable as Jake LaMotta in Raging Bull. Hilary Swank punched her way to her second Oscar when she danced in the ring for Million Dollar Baby. And then there’s Jamie Foxx, Smith’s Alico-star who’s currently in training to play Iron Mike Tyson. When we asked Foxx how his preparation for the Tyson biopic is going, he let us in on his progress, stating:

It’s a blessing. Obviously, the training is different. We’re doing weighted pull ups to sort of make the back look the right way, and make the arm look a certain way. But it is, to me, I guarantee you, it’s the most dedicated I’ve been to making sure that this story gets told, and gets told in the right way. And I joke with Mike. I said, ‘When I get dressed up as you, I’m going to walk into your house, and your kids are going to say daddy’s home.’

Oscar #2 if the movie is even remotely decent.

It comes down to who is directing this movie. I have no doubt in my mind that Jamie will deliver one of the greatest performances in a long time. Not only is his heart in this, and a good actor but that dude’s impression of Tyson is impeccable. If Scorsese made this, it would be an all-timer but I guess somebody else will take that spot?

It comes down to who is directing this movie. I have no doubt in my mind that Jamie will deliver one of the greatest performances in a long time. Not only is his heart in this, and a good actor but that dude’s impression of Tyson is impeccable. If Scorsese made this, it would be an all-timer but I guess somebody else will take that spot?

Even though Jamie says Scorsese’s going to helm this, I’d imagine that he’ll drop out, due to focusing on Flowers of the Killer Moon, unless he plans on shooting this after that.

Only one I could think of to really do it justice would be Spike Lee. Brooklyn recognizes Brooklyn.

But then again Spike is hit or miss now, not necessarily his same "Malcolm X", "Do The Right Thing" self these days.

Jamie detailing a bit of his body transformation.

Last edited:
I mean...that's Page Six man. It's a Celebrity Gossip source. It's not even like TMZ. We'll see what happens. I don't see how they can avoid Robin Givens. Maybe they'll make up a false wife

I mean...that's Page Six man. It's a Celebrity Gossip source. It's not even like TMZ. We'll see what happens. I don't see how they can avoid Robin Givens. Maybe they'll make up a false wife

Oh, didn’t know that! Thanks for letting me know! :up:

I still don't get how (without de-ageing technique) or having a younger actor portray him in younger scenes how Foxx is going to gt away with playing a 20 year old and younger, Tyson.

I though Michael Jai White did a pretty bang up job in the 90's tele-movie.

They'll probably go the gemini route but a better job with the effects. Hopefully.

I think a limited series produced by Fuque and Scorsese might be realistically the best case scenario. Scorsese was never going to direct another boxing movie. He’s pretty openly not interested in boxing and turned down DeNiro and Raging Bull for six or seven years until he was on what he presumed was his deathbed and agreed to do it.

That said, the script and concept must be pretty interesting for Scorsese to be around it for so long despite his un-interest in boxing and the fact that he actually is officially involved with it, unlike something like Joker(where he left the project when he finally read the script) makes me cautiously optimistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"