More Pointless Sequels On The Way

It's like they have a bet going on with someone on who can waste the most time and money. Looks like MGM is gonna win that bet. Right there is my idea for a movie. 2 studios make a bet on who can have the worst year possible.

RedIsNotBlue said:
It's like they have a bet going on with someone on who can waste the most time and money. Looks like MGM is gonna win that bet. Right there is my idea for a movie. 2 studios make a bet on who can have the worst year possible.

Yeah, that is sooo like studios to waste money. You're kidding right, these movies make money, there IS a market in straight to video, these would not be coming out if their wasn't.

Another Legally Blonde should be ILLEGAL!

YOWZA!

primemover said:
Yeah, that is sooo like studios to waste money. You're kidding right, these movies make money, there IS a market in straight to video, these would not be coming out if their wasn't.

No I don't see this movies making much profit at all unless they get very skimpy budgets. The only one I even see having a chance at making money is Legally Blonde 3. But my main point is there are tons of other GOOD ideas to make into movies and we get this. Give me a ****ing break. It seems like every goddamn movie that was somewhat successful is get a sequel even if it doesn't need.

RedIsNotBlue said:
No I don't see this movies making much profit at all unless they get very skimpy budgets. The only one I even see having a chance at making money is Legally Blonde 3. But my main point is there are tons of other GOOD ideas to make into movies and we get this. Give me a ****ing break. It seems like every goddamn movie that was somewhat successful is get a sequel even if it doesn't need.

They obvoiusly make enough profit to justify their existence, that is all that is needed to know, businesses usually aren't in the business of losing money.

Just because you don't want to watch these movies doesn't mean everybody else shares the same opinion, there is a market, even if it's not you, so therefore your opinion on the quality of the films is moot. There is tons of music I can't see the appeal for, but it doesn't mean I don't understand there is a market and I don't complain even though I'd love some of my favorite artists get the cash instead, but the fact is, some of the music I listen to doesn't have mass appeal.

primemover said:
Gene Shalit, is that you?

036.jpg

There is a market for straight to DVD. If not, studios wouldn't do it. There are people that buy whatever crap comes out on DVD, regardless of whether or not its good. I've seen that **** first hand sooo many times.

I agree that its a waste though. That's just one of the problems of Hollywood; instead of investing in that new filmmaker or script which is risky, they crap out more pointless sequels. And creativity once again gets kicked in the balls by the executive with the dollar sign eyes.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
There is a market for straight to DVD. If not, studios wouldn't do it. There are people that buy whatever crap comes out on DVD, regardless of whether or not its good. I've seen that **** first hand sooo many times.

I agree that its a waste though. That's just one of the problems of Hollywood; instead of investing in that new filmmaker or script which is risky, they crap out more pointless sequels. And creativity once again gets kicked in the balls by the executive with the dollar sign eyes.

A lot of the time those risks they 'do' take are because of the money they got making films like this, that money has to come from somewhere.

Well, if someone has two scripts and one of them is by some unknown about something weird, and the other one is Mediocre But Moderately Successful Adventures of Cookie Cutter Hollywood Crap PART TWO, it isn't hard to tell which the studios will probably invest in. That's what I meant, as in a direct effect.

primemover said:
They obvoiusly make enough profit to justify their existence, that is all that is needed to know, businesses usually aren't in the business of losing money.

Just because you don't want to watch these movies doesn't mean everybody else shares the same opinion, there is a market, even if it's not you, so therefore your opinion on the quality of the films is moot. There is tons of music I can't see the appeal for, but it doesn't mean I don't understand there is a market and I don't complain even though I'd love some of my favorite artists get the cash instead, but the fact is, some of the music I listen to doesn't have mass appeal.

If you haven't noticed its not just me that is throwing up about these. Now quit defending these horrible films getting made...you're fired.

SolidSnakeMGS said:

Yep pretty much. It is really sad that most of the industry is gutless and cares more about the profit than the actual films.

SolidSnakeMGS said:

Who in the right mind buys this crap?

El ASESINO said:
Who in the right mind buys this crap?

Most of the people who voted for Bush in for a second term is what I am guessing.

OMG!!!!!!!.............ROTFLMFAO!

how stupid!!!!!!!!

"WarGames 2" -- Scheduled to begin shooting in Montreal in November, the thrilling story of what happens when top officials try to dismantle the famous computer.

YOU GOTTA BE ****ING KIDDING ME! :mad:

Grrrr :cmad:

Ugh, only thing I'll watch is Wargames 2 even though it's gonna be crap.

My fiancee dragged me to watch the first two "Legally Blondes" movies..I went kicking and screaming..but i enjoyed them both..so I'll GUESS i'll be there for the 3rd

Wait...THERE WAS A Species 3..did i miss something?

cutting edge....wasnt that some disney movie?

SilentType said:
wasn't species 2 straight to DVD?

Hell, Species ONE should have been straight to DVD.

... a few months after its premiere on the Sci-Fi Channel. :D

RedIsNotBlue said:
Most of the people who voted for Bush in for a second term is what I am guessing.

LMAO!!! This post made my day. Your rock. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"