Deadpool Morena Baccarin is Vanessa Carlysle

Joelgarza

Civilian
Reaction score
I dont know much of the character personally (other than the fact that i had a few trading cards featuring her as a child)

Here is a quick bio from the grreat and powerful goodness that is Wiki:

Young mutant shape-shifter Vanessa Carlysle fell into a life of prostitution in Boston where she met and fell in love with mercenary Deadpool. Carlysle was soon saved from Wilson’s vengeful employers by Zoe Culloden, a time-traveling agent of Landau, Luckman & Lake who had journeyed into the past to prevent Wilson’s eventual self-destruction. That night, Wilson broke up with Carlysle after learning he had cancer, leaving her heartbroken. Carlysle became a mercenary herself, eventually employed by arms dealer Tolliver.
x0y268.jpg

Copycat will be played by, you guessed its Moren Baccarin.
I am unfamiliar with this actresses work.
What else has she stared in? whats direction might she take the character?
rgz9ft.jpg

Last edited:
I am unfamiliar with this actresses work. What else has she stared in? whats direction might she take the character?

She's best known from playing Irna on Firefly and Serentiy. Also known for Homeland, V and Gotham.

As far as character, we will are likely to see her as a love interest to Wade pre and post Deadpool like in the comics. So I wouldn't expect her to be a mutant off the bat in this film. Probably a story for once Deapool's origins are out of the way and they start opening the world up more.

So she's a female shapeshifter, and she's blue? Sounds like a ripoff of a certain other mutant...

She wont be either (yet?) in the film...

Nope, she's not. And honestly, I hope it stays that way. It works just fine the way it is on film.

Another blue female shapeshifter mutant?

So Copycat is basically Mystique 2.0?

Seriously, can't Marvel comes up with original mutants?

Why are people acting surprised like this character was just created now? Vanessa has been around for over 20 years and is essential to Deadpool's origin. We all knew she was gonna show up here to some degree, even without the leaked script.

...and again, she's not a mutant in the script.

Last edited:
Another blue female shapeshifter mutant?

So Copycat is basically Mystique 2.0?

Seriously, can't Marvel comes up with original mutants?

Even though Mystique came first Copycat is much more powerful, she shape-shifts on a genetic level and so inherits the powers and memories of the people she shapes into.

With Deadpool being so comic accurate, I wonder if that means that most of the other comic characters will be as comic accurate as possible too. They went already this far with Deadpool, hopefully they won't hold back with the rest of the cast. So fingers crossed for a blue Copycat.

Don't hold you breath.

Again, she's just Vanessa in the script.

Actually I don't really feel the need for her to be a mutant throughout the movie. On the other hand it could be cool to have a short scene with her in action.

I'm sure she'll get some form of action. :up:

I'm afraid she won't be blue or have mutant powers.

I want Deadpool to be a "mutie lover"

She didn't have any action in the script, and that's fine. Deadpool doesn't have to be a 'mutie lover.' Her just being Vanessa grounds the movie, and I like that.

Morena is gorgeous, and she's got a great sense of humour. If you watch some of her interviews with Craig Ferguson, she has an infectious, spirited laugh, and she's a bit naughty too. In one interview, Craig is talking about her shoes and whether she bedazzles her own, and she asks whether he said vajazzle or bedazzle. :funny: And she keeps making other kinds of innuendos.

I would love it if she dressed like that picture in the first post. Mystique never wore white in the movies, so Copycat might as well claim that colour.

And it's a real shame that Morena wasn't Maria Hill. She would've been so much more charismatic and striking than Cobie Smulders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"