Movie Monster Fighting Game

Aztec

Sidekick
Reaction score
Here's something I threw together that I hope you enjoy. I've seen others toy around with this concept online but I wanted to take it to the ultimate level.

It's called Monster Rally: Classic vs. Modern and it's a proposed fighting video game featuring movie monsters from the classic era: 1920s through 1960s VS. movie monsters from the modern era: 1970s through 2010s. It occurred to me that there is an interesting dichotomy between the classic, gothic monsters of old and the modern, slashers of today.

I used Dracula as the head of the Classic and Freddy Krueger as the head of the Modern. I built out in a web of counterpart characters from each of them.

I explained all potential issues in the actual video but feel free to leave comments and/or questions. If I knew how to post screengrabs of the character select screen I would.

The Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM0Uu9fowMM

Here's the roster:
Classic Monsters
Dracula
Frankenstein's Monster
The Wolf Man
The Creature
The Phantom of the Opera
The Invisible Man
The Bride
Dorian Gray
Igor
Quasimodo
Mr. Hyde
Count Orlok
The Fly
Skeleton Warrior
The Wicked Witch of the West
Medusa
Zombie
Norman Bates
Vampira
The Headless Horseman
Death
The Joker
Willard
The Blob
Ymir
Gort
Metaluna Mutant
HAL 9000
Martian Tripod
The Thing
Cyclops
Sauron

Modern Monsters
Freddy Krueger
Jason Voorhees
Leatherface
Michael Myers
The Creeper
Pennywise
Hannibal Lecter
Samara
Pinhead
Chucky
Leprechaun
Jigsaw
Sil
The Candyman
Stripe
Annie Wilkes
Carrie
Bad Ash
Ghostface
Regan
The Miner
Bughuul
Jack Torrance
Herbert West
Jaws
Velociraptor
The Tall Man
Pumpkinhead
The Terminator
Predator
Alien
Darkness
Darth Vader

Boss Characters
King Kong
Godzilla

Oh I would pay hard money for this. As long as half the game don't half to be downloaded in DLC like most games these days.

Oh I would pay hard money for this. As long as half the game don't half to be downloaded in DLC like most games these days.

Yeah agreed. DLC is the biggest scam in video game history.

I do believe this would be an amazing game though. The classic monsters of old are so iconic but so are the modern monsters. However, despite belonging to the same genre, they are rather different. And those differences would make for an outstanding dichotomy in a fighting game like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"