Movie Poster Showdown

StarkTheProdigy

Sidekick
Reaction score
Forget the whole "Don't judge a book by its cover" thing. This is just like any other showdown thread, you post which poster is the most visually gripping, or in other words, which poster looks the best to you. So, here we go.

Round 1: The Dark Knight Poster VS Spider-Man 2 Poster

Last edited:
Spider man, because batman is standing infront of a stupid post.

spidey cause visually it is more effective
unmasked hero overlooking his city

if only the ''choice'' tagline was gone
perfect teaser poster

The Dark Knight

Spider-Man 2. Please let this not be a popularity contest.

Spider-man 2.

Always hated that TDK poster. It's like the building Batman's in is slanted towards the city.

Spider-Man 2 poster

Spidey. I've always liked the gold colouring they used for their posters.

The Spider-man 2 poster is more effective; one huge problem I have with the TDK poster is the reflection of the city. Isn't Batman standing in a building that's elevated? There would be no reflection on the floor.:down

I also have a few issues with the SM2 poster. First of all, why is his mask off?:down There's no real reason for that other than the inability to make the back of a masked Spidey's head work.:o 2nd, I don't like the exaggerated elevation of his position. It's unnecessary. I'd like to see him from an actual vantage looking over a sea of individuals; not traffic or buildings whose lights are displayed in the daytime.:huh: It also works better without the 'CHOICE'. Sometimes, no word(s) is/are just as if not more effective.

Yeah, it's nitpicking, but I give it to SM2 because the TDK poster reminds me of Star Wars. That building has floors as shiny as the Death Star: Impossible.:o

If you used the two best posters from these films, TDK would probably win. The 'A World Without Rules' poster was one of the best I've seen in marketing for a comic book film. It embodied anarchy, chaos, loneliness, and struggling in the same visual. Not bad.

However, for these two choices, I'm SM2 vote number 13.

Spider-Man 2 wins

Round 2: Prince Caspian VS Harry Potter 5

Last edited:
HP 5 looks like a crappy horror movie poster where all the characters are in a line staring at you.

Prince Caspian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"