Specter313

Ghost of all things X
Reaction score
April 20, 2006 -
X-Men Poster Book
32 full color pages
Release Date: May 17, 2006
Price: $4.99

Featuring iconic and rare images of the X-Men, the X-Men: Poster Book is 72 pages (without ads!) of posters featuring Wolverine, Cyclops, and all of your favorite mutants.
With posters by some of the best artists to ever draw the X-Men, the X-Men Poster Book contains art by Joe Quesada, Gabrielle Dell'Otto, Billy Tan (upcoming Uncanny X-Men), Alex Ross, John Romita Jr., John Cassaday, and more.

This poster book has it all including classic covers, instant classics of today, and even some rarely seen art. Whether you're a fan of Greg Land's Phoenix or John Byrne's Dark Phoenix, X-Men Poster Book has something for you. See the X-Men as you have never seen them before as each stunning poster folds out to 16" x 20".

For some of the best X-Men art ever all in one book, sized especially to be placed on your walls, pick up X-Men: Poster Book.

x-men-poster-book-20060420100902408.jpg

x-men-poster-book-20060420100918767.jpg

x-men-poster-book-20060420100919767.jpg

x-men-poster-book-20060420100933001.jpg

x-men-poster-book-20060420100932080.jpg

x-men-poster-book-20060420100919314.jpg

x-men-poster-book-20060420100920283.jpg

I just saw the preview on IGN and all I have to say is May cannot come soon enough! We've needed something like this for a VERY long time now! And judging from these sample images, some of which I've NEVER seen before, we should be in for a real treat.

Wow, that's awesome! The cover poster of X-Men 1# is outstanding :eek:

Oh my.

That AoA pic made me wiggle.

And it's even drawn properly, unlike the crap that Bachalo did.

Darkraid said:
Where's cyclops on the aoa poster?

hes probably off with apocalyspe and his other minions.

I first saw that AOA picture quite a while ago, as an unused cover for one of the newer AOA comics... had it on my desktop since.
Why wasnt it used?

Im not suprised Marvel found some way to get it out, its a fantastic image, hell they could have just released another AOA oneshot just to release that cover.

Omg....May 17th?! I am going to be out of town. :(

I must have this! The AoA pic is :eek:

Ok, can someone help me with some id's for the AoA pic. Who's the guy behind Chamber, the guy to the right of X-Man, and the girl with the purple energy around her head?

1) I don't know, perhaps Mondo?
2) Banshee
3) Could she be Psylocke?

Specter313 said:
Ok, can someone help me with some id's for the AoA pic. Who's the guy behind Chamber, the guy to the right of X-Man, and the girl with the purple energy around her head?

Guy behind Chamber is Mondo. The one to the right of X-Man is Banshee. And the girl with the energy around her head is Jean Grey/ Phoenix.

And by the way that AOA image was used as a pin up in one of the AOA books. So it's not really new. And that X-Men painted by Dell'Otto image was used for an X-Men encyclopedia hardcover book. And the Alex Ross painting has been a print and poster for a LONG time. Most of these aren't new at all unfortunately. Cool nonetheless.

Thanks. And it never really said these were new, but that this is the first time a lot of those pics are available as posters like this.

Intheknow101 said:
Guy behind Chamber is Mondo. The one to the right of X-Man is Banshee. And the girl with the energy around her head is Jean Grey/ Phoenix.

Two out of three. :D I didn't realized in the mark over Jean's eye.

MoiBijou said:
Two out of three. :D I didn't realized in the mark over Jean's eye.

Those posters really kick ass, don't they? I love that cover. And it said stuff by Greg Land is in there, who's art I absolutely love!

MoiBijou said:
1) I don't know, perhaps Mondo?
2) Banshee
3) Could she be Psylocke?

Just a note on that last one: In the original AoA, it was speculated that Psylocke was dead, killed with the rest of the world's telepaths by Apocalypse (and their brains plopped in the stew that surrounded either his citadel, or throne, or whatever... I forget). Technically, Psylocke didn't exist until that godawful AoA Anniversary happened.

cool, but man do I hate X-23

Kitty looks like such badass. Who is the girl inbetween Kitty and Wild Child(i think thats his name)?

Exploding Boy said:
Kitty looks like such badass. Who is the girl inbetween Kitty and Wild Child(i think thats his name)?
Husk

Specter313 said:
Those posters really kick ass, don't they? I love that cover. And it said stuff by Greg Land is in there, who's art I absolutely love!

The AoA poster, who's the artist? It's great! And Greg Land is one of my favorite artists too. :up: I remember two Gambit covers he did and were awesome, also Phoenix: Endsong art was takebreathing!

MoiBijou said:
The AoA poster, who's the artist? It's great! And Greg Land is one of my favorite artists too. :up: I remember two Gambit covers he did and were awesome, also Phoenix: Endsong art was takebreathing!

Hahaha you mean breath taking? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"