• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Moviegoer is stabbed after complaining about cellphone user

If it's such an emergency you go outside of the screening room. But it's normally people phoning or texting mates.

What do you think people would do back when there weren't any cellphones?

Used their beeper? :huh:

Lived with the inconvenience of not knowing about an emergency until they got to their home phone, I guess.

There used to be a time when cellphones never existed. You are the one making the choice to go into a theatre and for a limited amount of time, shut yourself off from the rest of the outside world. People shouldn't be bothered or annoyed hearing you talk on your cellphone if an emergency happens...which in most cell phone in the theatre cases, it rarely occurs.

It's your choice to go in there, that's the price to pay as far as I'm concerned.

Who in the theater does it bother if my phone vibrates and I have a text saying, "So and so was in a bad car wreck, get to the hospital asap.", causing me to get up and leave the movie. Or I feel my phone vibrate 3 or 4 times, I notice it's the same person calling in a short period of time, and I go to the lobby to see what's up.

Now, of course, not everyone will be that courteous. That's why a I think better rule would be, "If you're caught talking on your cell during the movie and cannot prove it was an emergency, you're out of the theater".

Trust me, I hate people who talk on the phone during the movies more than most but taking someone's phone away for 2 plus hours is a bit extreme and more than a bit stupid to me.

Who in the theater does it bother if my phone vibrates and I have a text saying, "So and so was in a bad car wreck, get to the hospital asap.", causing me to get up and leave the movie. Or I feel my phone vibrate 3 or 4 times, I notice it's the same person calling in a short period of time, and I go to the lobby to see what's up.

Now, of course, not everyone will be that courteous. That's why a I think better rule would be, "If you're caught talking on your cell during the movie and cannot prove it was an emergency, you're out of the theater".

Trust me, I hate people who talk on the phone during the movies more than most but taking someone's phone away for 2 plus hours is a bit extreme and more than a bit stupid to me.

Sorry, I thought you meant you would answer it in their because it was an emergency. Either way I think they need more of those theatres that have that signal inside that shuts off all cell phones regardless if it's on vibrate or not.

Used their beeper? :huh:

Lived with the inconvenience of not knowing about an emergency until they got to their home phone, I guess.

If they could live with it, so can you.

That isn't exclusive to any authoritative precaution. Whether it be the guy behind him, or a theater worker, if he's prone to such behavior nothing will change that.

I'd sooner believe he's less likely to enact violence against an entire room filled with dozens of people already hating him, as opposed to one person.
I wouldn't claim it to be exclusive.

I would say that there's LESS LIKELY to be an altercation if the guy who is issuing the ultimatum is a paid employee of the complex and has some customer service skills to issue the request with subtlety and politeness, however.

And that's the point. Limit the likelihood of another event like this... plus it puts more jobs out there as well. Which is never a bad thing for a socioeconomy.

If they could live with it, so can you.

F*** that. If a close friend or loved one of mine is hurt or worse, I want to now about it now, not later. Having a cellphone can give me that convenience.

Now, tet situation will probably never happen but still.

Holiday needs his phone always so he can call and reserve his place at the buffet.

:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"