MSN/XBox look to revive 'Heroes'

SuperT

I See It, I Want It
Reaction score
Exclusive: MSN/Xbox Eye Heroes Revival

Save the cheerleader, launch a new programming initiative?

MSN, which is making a big push into original programming via Xbox, is in talks to revive NBC’s superhero drama Heroes, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Details remain sketchy, but sources confirm that MSN is interested in relaunching the once red-hot NBC Universal franchise with new stories and heroes, while mixing in cameos from the original series’ cast (schedules and interest permitting). The talks are said to be in the preliminary stages.

In February, MSN hired former NBC development executive Jada Miranda to oversee production of its fledgling Xbox entertainment studio under ex-CBS president Nancy Tellem (who came on board last fall).

Heroes‘ four-season run on NBC ended in February 2010.

Thoughts? Do you think the cheerleader is worth saving again? Hit the comments!

http://tvline.com/2013/04/17/heroes-relaunch-msn-xbox/

Don't know what to think about this.....

Last edited:
Heroes showed a lot of promise early on when it looked like they were going to slowly unveil a myth arc about uncovering the origin and purpose behind the emergence of superpowers as well as the effect it had on the rest of the world, but then it started pandering to fanboys and falling into cliche.

So what I'm saying is it might be cool if they do the first thing and not the second thing.

Semi-reboot it and only continue after the first season.

Omg yes. And I agree with The Question wholeheartedly. When season 1 ended I was beyond excited for season 2 and just uggghhhh biggest disappointment ever. It was so obvious they just lost their nerve and thought they could keep striking gold like they did in season 1.

The main problem was that the creator (Tim Kring) and the writers didn't have any balls and let fans dictate their show. They should have stuck with their original idea of having a new cast and characters every season with appearances and cameo's from original characters sprinkled here and there when it made sense.

I think this could be a good idea if they aren't going to use the same creative team from the first run. I think they most certainly should NOT bring back any of the big main characters such as Peter, Nathan, Sylar, Claire, and Hiro since most of their stories should have been done a while ago.

It's a shame they killed off so many characters needlessly such as Elle, D.L., Niki, Meredith, Adam Monroe, Candice, Daphne or dropped characters for no reason like Monica who had HUGE potential.

I do disagree with the general consensus that season three was an improvement on season two. Season two was flawed, and didn't further the story in many meaningful ways, but I still found things in it I enjoyed a lot. Season 3 was an absolute mess that wasted an enormous amount of potential.

I was especially let down by how they used the founders of The Company. They could have played them as a sort of black ops Justice League, saving the world in secret and ultimately using more and more brutal methods until they're running an Illuminati-esque organization and have sort of become the bad guys. But then they had that superhuman internment camp X-Men rip off nonsense in their backstory and all around didn't actually flesh them out in any interesting ways.

How will they do it? What stars will come back?

Isn't Hayden Panettiere doing Nashville at the moment?

I'd love to see this return to be honest, the last seasons could have been so much better, but first season was great.

Just, like, when we saw The Company's trophy room at the end of season 2, I thought we might end up delving into some weird pulpy adventures the founders had before they became corrupted by their power. Like those three playing cards. I wanted to see what that was about. Did they topple a crime cartel led by a card-themed criminal mastermind? At least hint at it a little.

I do disagree with the general consensus that season three was an improvement on season two. Season two was flawed, and didn't further the story in many meaningful ways, but I still found things in it I enjoyed a lot. Season 3 was an absolute mess that wasted an enormous amount of potential.

I was saying this back when the show was still airing. Season 2 was flawed and unjustly cut short due to the writers strike but if we had only knew what was coming in Season 3 and 4. It's not nearly as bad as people made it out to be.

The show could have easily gotten back on the rails after season two, but they just completely went bonkers writing 3 and 4. It's like they were just throwing anything at the wall too see what stuck.

I was saying this back when the show was still airing. Season 2 was flawed and unjustly cut short due to the writers strike but if we had only knew what was coming in Season 3 and 4. It's not nearly as bad as people made it out to be.

The show could have easily gotten back on the rails after season two, but they just completely went bonkers writing 3 and 4. It's like they were just throwing anything at the wall too see what stuck.

And instead of developing the story and going forward with the mythology, we just got new (ish) flavors of the same faux X-Men stuff.

Like, yes, you're right, they went off the rails, but did so in a way that still had the story stuck in roughly the same place.

This show got to a certain point in season three that I didn't even bother watching any of season four. Lets just say this isn't exactly something I've been clamoring for.

wait...really? Revive Heroes instead of a much better show like say..oh...FIREFLY

I thought the universal consensus for "Heroes" was that the show was so damn great the first season, but the quality just plummeted after that. Why revive it?

I thought the universal consensus for "Heroes" was that the show was so damn great the first season, but the quality just plummeted after that. Why revive it?

That's what I thought too...I thought everyone felt that way. weird.

Season 1: Great, with potential to get even better
Season 2: Potential squandered, season is only okay
Season 3: ****ing mess, ****ing awful
Season 4: Honestly, who cares anymore? :o

Yeah, I bailed halfway into season 3.

Heroes showed a lot of promise early on when it looked like they were going to slowly unveil a myth arc about uncovering the origin and purpose behind the emergence of superpowers as well as the effect it had on the rest of the world, but then it started pandering to fanboys and falling into cliche.

So what I'm saying is it might be cool if they do the first thing and not the second thing.

This. Exactly this.

I was always hoping that the whole Uluru thing would end up tying the origin of super powers to Aboriginal Australian mythology about the Dreamtime.

This is the model TV is going to become.

Cable and satellite companies don't get that their models are dying.

This is the model TV is going to become.

Cable and satellite companies don't get that their models are dying.

They do, they just don't want to be the people who learn things the hard way in the new format/medium.

I was always hoping that the whole Uluru thing would end up tying the origin of super powers to Aboriginal Australian mythology about the Dreamtime.

Dude. I was SO into the mythology, and they just kept throwing it away for... I don't even know what that was. I guess it was pandering... but how come people don't try to pander to the crowd with awesomeness? Ugh. My love/hate with Heroes Season 2-4 was astounding. I still have the Takezo Kensei katana on my wall, and the Haitian necklace hanging from my doorknob, but outside of Monica and a some too-little-too-late growth in Season 4, the whole thing never happened to me. The Sylar saturation was especially blood curdling.

Oh, and Charles Deveaux was all about that Dreamtime. You can't even classify his power otherwise.

I gave up near the end of S2, but I liked having it around because it was fun to hear people make fun of it.

When they had Elle/Sylar become lovers and her letting him kill her, I was just done.

I never thought it was particularly great to begin with. One great episode ("Company Man") and a bunch of decent episodes in S1 were the best it ever accomplished, imo, so I really don't have any desire to see more.

And that thing with Elle and Sylar was offensively bad. Pretty sure that's the exact point I stopped watching, but I honestly don't remember much of anything else from that season or the one before it. Except I remember thinking there was a whole lot of stupid plotlines going on.

I loved the show and have it on DVDs,S2&3 weren't as great as the first season But I feel they are underrated and especially S2.

The new concept is interesting But I don't have Xbox 360 anymore and so I won't be able to watch it..Unlesd they also put it on MSN.com

Season 1: Great, with potential to get even better
Season 2: Potential squandered, season is only okay
Season 3: ****ing mess, ****ing awful
Season 4: Honestly, who cares anymore? :o

Exactly correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"