Muffy the dog comes home after 9 years

Lunar_Wolf

WTF face
Reaction score
Nine years ago, when Chloe was just eight, Muffy ran away after sharing her owner's bed for almost four years.

Now, in spectacular circumstances, the pooch has been rescued by the RSPCA in Melbourne and tracked back to the Gold Coast girl who never forgot her.

Yesterday Chloe, 17, and her mum Natalie Lampard were abuzz with excitement at their Miami home with news the pooch, believed to be about 13 years old, would be returned next week on a JetPet flight.

Muffy was found in a derelict Melbourne backyard, emaciated and riddled with dermatitis, after the RSPCA was tipped off.

In what RSPCA Victoria's Tim Pilgrin described as a "lucky chain of events", Muffy was traced back to the elated Gold Coast teen by her microchip information, even though the family didn't still live at the recorded address.

With tears in her eyes yesterday, Chloe watched her pet on television in the arms of an RSPCA officer, 2000km away.

"She looks old, but I'd know her anywhere," she said.

"I just hope she remembers me and maybe even the call I used to make to her."

The fluffy white dog is known to have lived in the derelict backyard and slept on cardboard for two years, but her movements in the previous seven years are a mystery.

"I can't imagine how she got to Melbourne," Chloe said. "Maybe she walked – she always did have lots of energy."

Chloe's mum hoped the reunion story might prompt people who had contact with Muffy in the past seven years to come forward.

"We'd love to know what's happened to Muffy the miracle dog," she said.

Chloe, who only recently lost her other pet dog Jackie to cancer, said Muffy would live in "star class luxury" on her return.

"I always thought about her after she was gone so this really is a dream come true."

Link

I wonder what madness Muffy has been up to?

Here's hoping there's a similar story involving Keedy, my lost cat...preferably sooner. :(

Must.....resist........making........Michael Vick joke........

Link

I had a cat do that when I was little. He disappeared for like 7 years. We always thought he just got run over. Then one day it was sitting on our porch. I think my neighbor stole him and kept him in their house.

I'd run away too if I'd been named Muffy.

I'd run away too if I'd been named Muffy.

That's what my niece and nephew named their German shepherd. I'd always tease them. That's a poodle name, not a German shepherd name.

13 years old? Yeeeea, dead in a couple of months... Enjoy the dog while you can!

Link

Obviously she craved freedom and adventure and wanted to get away from her captors. Now the RSPCA has captured her and is sending Muffy back into slavery again.

I was sure this was a dog who had found the way home on its own.

Bah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"