Kidnapped girl escapes after eight years

Mentok

Avenger
Reaction score
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=124589

Kidnapped girl escapes after eight years

An Austrian teenager who escaped eight years' captivity in the hands of a man she had to call "master" simply asked for her favourite toy car when was reunited with her family, her father said on Thursday.

The disappearance of Natascha Kampusch at the age of 10 as she walked to school in 1998 remains one of Austria's most baffling crime mysteries.

Speaking about the moment the family was reunited, Kampusch's father, Ludwig Koch, told the Austrian daily Kurier: "She said: 'Dad, I love you'. And the next question was: 'Is my toy car still there?' It was Natascha's favourite toy, I never gave it away in all those years.

"I always put out of my mind the thought that she was dead."

advertisement
He and her half-sister identified the 18-year-old on Wednesday and were joined by her mother on Thursday at the hotel where Kampusch is staying with a policewoman and a psychologist.

She escaped on Wednesday while her kidnapper was distracted, police said. A man police believe to be her captor committed suicide by throwing himself under a train soon afterward.

There are some really messed up people in this world :down

Disturbing as f***.
They showed her "cell" on the BBC tonight.

It's also haunting in that you know the parents of kids who've been missing for many years will now probably indulge in a false hope.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Disturbing as f***.
They showed her "cell" on the BBC tonight.

It's also haunting in that you know the parents of kids who've been missing for many years will now probably indulge in a false hope.

I spent abouy 9 seconds too many wondering how she never escaped if she had a cell phone:csad:

Plus side, though, they probably won't have to pay for college.

This sounds like the pretext to a bad thriller starring Ashley Judd.

Anyway, I'm wondering if she was sheletered for those 8 years how she'd fit back into society/go back to a normal life? It must be tough.

This should be merged with Brodie's troll thread. ahahahahahahhahhaaahahh17aha

Edd Extraordinaire said:
This sounds like the pretext to a bad thriller starring Ashley Judd.

I thought the exact same thing when I read this.:down :(

This is almost as bad as the teenage girl who was kidnapped by a family neighbor and sequestered away for almost a decade.

She was only a few blocks away the entire time, but was never aloud to go outside. It seemed as if she developed Stockholm syndrome and willingly acquiesced to her captor.​

At least the guy got a train to the face. :down

Zephyr Alexian said:
I thought the exact same thing when I read this.:down :(

This is almost as bad as the teenage girl who was kidnapped by a family neighbor and sequestered away for almost a decade.

She was only a few blocks away the entire time, but was never aloud to go outside. It seemed as if she developed Stockholm syndrome and willingly acquiesced to her captor.​

I think I saw an "American Justice" episode about that girl. Her "master" even made her dig an underground cell after they moved to a different house. He even let her visit her family at one point and she still went back to him. His wife was the one that turned her loose, finally. Sick bastard.

jag

It's just like the movie OldBoy, but without the incest and gory fights.
They can call it OldGirl:o

lmfao.

no really, i wonder what kind of things he did to her. makes me wonder, alot these days. would it be possible if i did the same and kidnapp and child, brainwashing her to be my slave?

if kim jong il can, anyone can!

if teh fbi most wanted man from utah can, i can do better...

jaguarr said:
I think I saw an "American Justice" episode about that girl. Her "master" even made her dig an underground cell after they moved to a different house. He even let her visit her family at one point and she still went back to him. His wife was the one that turned her loose, finally. Sick bastard.

jag

Yeah, it's disturbing; I've seen LE shows where officers claim that nuts like this are bascially in all facets of society just waiting to erupt.

Not a good thought. I know it's selfish, but it kind of makes me glad that I don't have kids, and don't really plan to bring any into this messed up world.
No offense against anyone who's havin' the little bundles of joy though.:up: :o

That really sucks. That girl is gonna need a heap of therapy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"