Murphy Back For Possible Beverly Hills Cop IV

Warhammer

Half Monk, Half Hitman
Reaction score
Murphy Back for Beverly Hills Cop IV!
Source: Variety
November 30, 2006

Eddie Murphy will return as detective Axel Foley in Beverly Hills Cop IV, working with Paramount in collaring Lorenzo di Bonaventura as producer, reports Variety.

The new regime at Paramount is keen on reviving the classic action-comedy franchise. Murphy will work closely with the studio and di Bonaventura in reinvigorating and updating the once-lucrative property. The project is out to writers.

Murphy, who will next be in theaters with Dreamgirls, has always been attached to star in the fourth installment.

The first two pics in the franchise, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and his former partner Don Simpson, did enormous box office. Beverly Hills Cop collected $315.7 million worldwide, while the sequel earned $299.6 million worldwide.

The franchise ran into trouble with the release of Beverly Hills Cop III in 1994. The movie grossed only $44 million domestically.

Hmmm....

No. Just no.

In all honesty, I though the first one sucked, so I'm greatly opposed to this.

But Willis can't do it. From all accounts Live Free or Die Hard is going to suck ass. I mean, just think of the title. Dear god, these movies are going to be nails in the coffins of Eddie Murphy and Bruce Willis.

Matt said:
But Willis can't do it. From all accounts Live Free or Die Hard is going to suck ass. I mean, just think of the title. Dear god, these movies are going to be nails in the coffins of Eddie Murphy and Bruce Willis.

Yea I agree with the name too Matt...it doesn't have that ring.

Do we really need a Beverly Hills Cop IV? I think not.

Well I suppose Eddie Murphys film career has been dwindling as the years go on so maybe he just wants to try to go back to something that worked back in the day.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Well I suppose Eddie Murphys film career has been dwindling as the years go on so maybe he just wants to try to go back to something that worked back in the day.

Looks like the new trend in the land of no new ideas; bring back franchises that were popular in the 80's: Rocky, Die Hard, Beverly Hills Cop, Rambo...

Matt said:

We shall see, I'm looking forward to Die Hard 4, sounds pretty decent... But then again I suppose x3 did at one point too :(

Galactus said:
Looks like the new trend in the land of no new ideas; bring back franchises that were popular in the 80's: Rocky, Die Hard, Beverly Hills Cop, Rambo...

Well for some I think it is okay but Beverly Hills Cop 4??? It sounds like the ending to an amazing stand-up joke.

Matt said:

If the sequel nobody wanted 'The Whole Ten Yards' didn't kill Willis, nothing will.

Yeah I liked the Whole Nine Yards but the Whole Ten Yards was just....no...just no.

Hells Yeah, I am all for Beverly Hull s Cop 4...as long as they also get back Judge Reinhold...and hopefully Bronson Pinchot

Sounds like a really bad idea. I watched the movie recently and found it to be extremely mediocre.

i dont see what was so good about BHC in the first place.... :confused:

I used to like Eddie Murphy...but most of his recent movies have all blown. It's sad to think that the only way Eddie Murphy is funny anymore is when he is an animated donkey. I'll give this a chance...I liked BHC and wouldn't mind a return of the raunchy Eddie of past.

He seems to be getting his career back on track lately... I'm surprised he'd do this... looks like a step backwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"