the long halloween/dark victory
spiderman blue
spiderman torment
The Question vol. 1-6
daredevil: guardian devil
indiana jones omnibus vol. 1

MORE?

i already have Watchmen
thanks both of you for your recommendations, i want something that have the same length as watchmen or the best batman GN

If you've read, and liked, WATCHMEN, I'd recommend

FROM HELL
and
V FOR VENDETTA

And, maybe, LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMENT vol. 1, although it's about half the size of WATCHMEN.

As for Batman, your shortlist should be

THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS
YEAR ONE
THE LONG HALLOWEEN
ARKHAM ASYLUM: A SERIOUS HOUSE ON SERIOUS EARTH

I'd also recommend DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN if you like YEAR ONE.

BTW, Vertigo has many of their first issues on line and it's a good way to sample various collections.

Looking out of the superhero realm, MAUS springs to mind. CEREBUS is certainly a good value, at least before Dave Sim goes off the deep end. Howard Chaykin's AMERICAN FLAGG! collections are terrific and certainly influenced THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, among other things.

Last edited:
there is a great graphic novel i'd also recommend called Damned Volume 1. It basically ask the question, What if the mob of the 1920's and 30's were lead and manipulated by aliens.

i want something that have the same length as watchmen
Then go with Hellboy. Alternate history, deep backstory.... going on eight or nine trades now. And even has a spinoff series called B.P.R.D. which is already up to ten trades.

Well, what are you in the mood for, Kane?

ive been eyeing on Dark Knight Returns (i read some of it in my college library) and ARKHAM ASYLUM, im just wanting just classics or the best today for batman

and also into some deep stories with good art

I too am looking for interesting indie comic books to read monthly. I used to read Y: The last man, Black Summer and War Heroes but I've just noticed everything I'm reading these days is Marvel.

Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Well, what are you into? I highly recommend Kingdom Come.

I'm curious, why does everyone say All Star Superman is so good? I've never read it.

Here are some of my recomendations.
Rising Stars vol. 1-3 were good.
Green Arrow vol. 1-9
Superman/Batman vol. 2 Supergirl
Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt
Ultimate Spider-Man is a great series to check out.
Identity Crisis

ive been eyeing on Dark Knight Returns (i read some of it in my college library) and ARKHAM ASYLUM, im just wanting just classics or the best today for batman

If you're looking for great Batman books check out A Death in the Family, Arkham Asylum, Arkham Asylum: Living Hell, Black and White vol. 1-3, Bruce Wayne- Murderer?, Dark Detective, Dark Victory, Ego and other Tails, Hush vol. 1-2, Knightfall vol. 1-3, Lovers and Madmen, , Strange Apparitions, Heart of Hush, Killing Joke, Joker, Year One, Long Halloween, Haunted Knight, Mad Love and Other Stories, and The Dark Knight Returns.

and also into some deep stories with good art

Definitely check out Y: The Last Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, 100 Bullets, Brubaker's run on Captain America, Brian Michael Bendis and Brubaker's run on Daredevil, Transmetropolitan, V for Vendetta, Fables, and Preacher.

I too am looking for interesting indie comic books to read monthly. I used to read Y: The last man, Black Summer and War Heroes but I've just noticed everything I'm reading these days is Marvel.

Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Check out some of Vertigo's books if you're looking for something a little less mainstream.

http://dccomics.com/vertigo/

My personal favorites are 100 Bullets, DMZ, Fables, Preacher, Scalped, Transmetropolitan, and Y: The Last man.

Also check out The Boys, Walking Dead, Invincible, 30 Days of Night, and Hellboy.

The Goon, vol. 0: Rough Stuff
The Goon, vol. 1: Nothin' But Misery
The Goon, vol. 2: My Murderous Childhood
The Goon, vol. 3: Heaps of Ruination
The Goon, vol. 4: Virtue & The Grim Consequences Thereof
The Goon, vol. 5: Wicked Inclinations
The Goon, vol. 6: Chinatown & The Mystery of Mr. Wicker
The Goon, vol. 7: A Place of Heartache & Grief.

I would personally recommend starting with Vol. 2, as it is the beginning of the Dark Horse Comics run, with Vol. 0 and 1 being indie published. The Goon is by far the best comic i've ever read. I can't get enough of it. Chinatown is incredible, but i wouldn't recommend starting with that. You need to read the other volumes first to get a feel for it. Really, i cannot recommend The Goon anymore. You need to read it.

also, check out all the Hellboy books. Also awesome.

The Goon, vol. 0: Rough Stuff
The Goon, vol. 1: Nothin' But Misery
The Goon, vol. 2: My Murderous Childhood
The Goon, vol. 3: Heaps of Ruination
The Goon, vol. 4: Virtue & The Grim Consequences Thereof
The Goon, vol. 5: Wicked Inclinations
The Goon, vol. 6: Chinatown & The Mystery of Mr. Wicker
The Goon, vol. 7: A Place of Heartache & Grief.

I would personally recommend starting with Vol. 2, as it is the beginning of the Dark Horse Comics run, with Vol. 0 and 1 being indie published. The Goon is by far the best comic i've ever read. I can't get enough of it. Chinatown is incredible, but i wouldn't recommend starting with that. You need to read the other volumes first to get a feel for it. Really, i cannot recommend The Goon anymore. You need to read it.

also, check out all the Hellboy books. Also awesome.

^Yeah, the Hellboy books are excellent. The only problem I have with them is that they're expensive. Thank god for Amazon!:oldrazz:

Bone: The One Volume Edition
Persepolis
Lone Wolf and Cub (it's 28 volumes but it's an excellent read)
Scud The Disposable Assassin: The Whole Shebang
Akira Volumes 1-6
The Invisibles Volumes 1-7
DC The New Frontier

And I definitely agree with getting Transmet, Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run, V for Vendetta, Preacher, Neil Gaiman's Sandman, Cerebus, and Walking Dead.

Check out some of Vertigo's books if you're looking for something a little less mainstream.

http://dccomics.com/vertigo/

My personal favorites are 100 Bullets, DMZ, Fables, Preacher, Scalped, Transmetropolitan, and Y: The Last man.

Also check out The Boys, Walking Dead, Invincible, 30 Days of Night, and Hellboy.

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I read DMZ immediately and loved it. Thank you to everyone else for your suggestions too

The Infinity Guantlet Saga. Includes The Thanos Quest #1 & 2 The essential Marvel Cosmic Saga.

And to make it even that much better read Captain Marvel with the earlier stories of Thanos.

I just bought all 9 Preacher GN's for $60.

Also, The Walking Dead is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"