My all-time favorite superhero costumes.

gotta go with John Cassaday's Captain America, the detail he used in the chainmale was great.

I kind of hate Cassaday for doing that, myself. I love Cassaday's rendering of Steve's costume, but it inspired a bunch of imitators who felt the need to draw in every last scale on Cap's torso, which led to a lot of Cap pictures where he looks like he's wearing a fluffy scalemail sweater.

It was made into a running joke by Kelly, the guy who really created Deadpool in my eyes, after Liefeld probably earnestly slaved over his drawing table working on what he thought was the best design ever. ;)

They should switch up Deadpool's costume every so often with things that are blatantly ripped off from other heroes. Just have Deaddles roll up one day with like, bright red Wolverine cowl-points on his head.

I kind of hate Cassaday for doing that, myself. I love Cassaday's rendering of Steve's costume, but it inspired a bunch of imitators who felt the need to draw in every last scale on Cap's torso, which led to a lot of Cap pictures where he looks like he's wearing a fluffy scalemail sweater.

Much like when McFarlane introduced Spidey's swirly "spaghetti webbing": half the people who drew it at first made it look like barbed wire.
Then again, so did he.

I don't hate him for that. That's like hating Alan Moore for Young Blood. It's not an artist's fault when someone less talented than them tries to steal their style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackburton82
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"