My government went through a coup last night (Australia)

All politicians are the same. Lying deviants

39944431_10156181759928300_7014988071879835648_n.jpg

Better late than never, but hey... :D

Not all, just the ones that rise to the top. Bloody bastards. My bills have increased so much and I’m taxed more than ever and I really don’t earn that much. I can’t be the only one. Sooner or later, something’s gotta snap.

39944431_10156181759928300_7014988071879835648_n.jpg

Better late than never, but hey... :D

Haha she would be wonderful. Why does New Zealand get so much right? Paranormal Wellington and human prime ministers.

When I think of the word "coup" I think of a military takeover. This does not sound like such has occurred.

It’s hyperbole

Haha she would be wonderful. Why does New Zealand get so much right? Paranormal Wellington and human prime ministers.

It’s hyperbole

Well I for one am glad John Key isn't PM anymore. He's just as bad as his fellow banker mate Turnbull.

It'd be great if Australia would join the rest of the Commonwealth and drop the compulsory voting BS and also change to proportional system instead of first past the post.

Well I for one am glad John Key isn't PM anymore. He's just as bad as his fellow banker mate Turnbull.

Yeah. I heard the Canadians also had a guy like that before they got Trudeau. I wish Australia would have a Trudeau or Obama moment. We just seem to go from bushs to trumps.

It'd be great if Australia would join the rest of the Commonwealth and drop the compulsory voting BS and also change to proportional system instead of first past the post.

Removing Compulsory voting hasn’t exactly worked wonders in other countries though. It’s not like you get better politicians because of it, the proportional system is interesting though

As moronic as that New Zealand PM is, the other part about compulsory voting is right. It's about as antithetic to the whole point of a free country as it gets. Pretty sure the Australians don't actively enforce it that strictly though, unsure how many people actually get pursued with fines for not showing up.

Yeah people get fined. Of course they do it’s the law

Technically, yeah. But do the feds actually waste time chasing up offenders en-masse on it though? Doubtful. I'm sure people have been fined for it, but I doubt they're too active in enforcing it.

Here's a gif representative of how the new govt will do from today to the next election -

daily_gifdump_2894_14.gif

Yeah. I heard the Canadians also had a guy like that before they got Trudeau. I wish Australia would have a Trudeau or Obama moment. We just seem to go from Bushs to Trumps.

Yeah, I can't even see Bill Shorten being anything like the Bernies or Jezzas at all. Even I am waiting for an inspirational leader in Australia. Write Peter Garrett's name on the ballot, lol.

While Jacinda did work for Tony Blair when he was PM, she doesn't appear to be a fan of the guy from what I have read. I can easily see her as being the best PM since the late David Lange, although it's only coming up to a year since she was elected - but she has accomplished quite a lot in the short amount of time next to Winston Peters as well, when he stood in as PM during Jacinda's maternity leave.

Last edited:
We don't have anything like the rest of the world because as soon as one party wins government they immediately moderate, mostly because everyone has to vote. Because voting is compulsory and the vast majority of people sit in the middle it means neither side can go to the political extremes like what can happens in other parts of the world. As much as I dislike compulsory voting, and have been fined before for forgetting to do so, it keeps both sides of politics firmly in check.

Technically, yeah. But do the feds actually waste time chasing up offenders en-masse on it though? Doubtful. I'm sure people have been fined for it, but I doubt they're too active in enforcing it.

The fine is the enforcement. And if you keep not voting without a valid reason the fine increases

Here's a gif representative of how the new govt will do from today to the next election -

daily_gifdump_2894_14.gif

I hope so. I hate Morrison. I wish I had more faith that would would be against him but I thought people would be against Turnbull too after the fake tradie thing and that didn’t work out at all. Quite the opposite, it was a disaster.

Yeah, I can't even see Bill Shorten being anything like the Bernies or Jezzas at all. Even I am waiting for an inspirational leader in Australia. Write Peter Garrett's name on the ballot, lol.

While Jacinda did work for Tony Blair when he was PM, she doesn't appear to be a fan of the guy from what I have read. I can easily see her as being the best PM since the late David Lange, although it's only coming up to a year since she was elected - but she has accomplished quite a lot in the short amount of time next to Winston Peters as well, when he stood in as PM during Jacinda's maternity leave.

Yeah. I wish we had at least one potential diamond in the rough. But there’s no one that is just right. Shorten is ok and I will be voting for him to strike a blow against the liberals but he’s not the radical we need.

We don't have anything like the rest of the world because as soon as one party wins government they immediately moderate, mostly because everyone has to vote. Because voting is compulsory and the vast majority of people sit in the middle it means neither side can go to the political extremes like what can happens in other parts of the world. As much as I dislike compulsory voting, and have been fined before for forgetting to do so, it keeps both sides of politics firmly in check.

Abbott wasn’t exactly moderate though. And even Turnbull, he might have wanted to be central but he always did right wing things

I hope so. I hate Morrison. I wish I had more faith that would would be against him but I thought people would be against Turnbull too after the fake tradie thing and that didn’t work out at all. Quite the opposite, it was a disaster.

Agree with you there.

He's preferable (for me) to Dutton but not preferable (for me) to Turnbull.

Ultimately at the moment the landscape of the body politic is so partisan and the actual people to look around for potential "leaders" is weak as p*ss.

sUBWW21.jpg

Haha so perfect. Morrison was always a slimy schemer though so sucked in Dutton.

It’s a shame really. It’s a beautiful country, sometimes I’m even patriotic. But our politicians and some of our people let it down

You aren't wrong. I have elections in my state going on today, and several candidates were near the polling places answering questions, and I asked them how they plan on taking care of several things, and they say they will fight for us, but constantly blame big corporations for paying off politicians and judges to look the other way, so I instantly got this feeling that things are going to remain as they are with very little change.

Yeah. I used to live in a rough neighbourhood. I don’t want to say where it was but let’s just say it was more famous for its sewerage farm than anything. Very working class. Anyway we never had a politician who lived in the area. They lived in the ritzier areas with taxpayer funded wineries and golf clubs because they “encourages investment and local jobs” and where I grew up, people were just struggling every day. Doing the best they could. It was so sad. No wonder people get frustrated and disillusioned with the system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"