My TERMINATOR saga Timeline

Mutant 77

Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity
Reaction score
PREMISE: The Original Timeline (Timeline Prime) had its "Judgment Day" on August 29th, 1997 (different hour from that Uncle Bob mentioned in his historical retelling to Sarah Connor).
There was a John Connor Prime, son of Sarah Connor and an unknown father (not Reese).
The creation of Skynet Prime happened in a way we will never know.
Kyle Reese and the evil T-800 were sent back in time, from 2029.

First time travel. Reese generates a new John Connor.
The evil T-800 just gives Cyberdyne Systems MORE artifacts to work with, including his cybernetical hand which speeds-up the process of creation of the T-800 series and brings a more deep knowledge about cybernetics. T-1000 would have never been possible in Kyle's future, for instance.

July 24th, 2004 is actually the THIRD Judgment Day, not the second one as many think.
Uncle Bob and T-1000 comes from a second future iteration where - by effect of the quantic "resonance" (like an echo) between iterations - the Judgment Day always happened on August 29th, 1997 (different hour from the Prime iteration).
Skynet II (developed by Miles Dayson) is far more advanced than its previous counterpart, and that brings to advanced Terminators earlier in the timeline, and the prototype known as "T-1000" (2030).
Because this second Skynet being more sophisticated and intelligent, in 2030 war is still not over (yet), Skynet is still "alive", John Connor II is still fighting back the machines.
Uncle Bob (the good T-800) further changes the future, but he leaves a new artifact behind: his arm. That, and Dyson's back-up work, will help the genius of Serena Kogan (new head researcher of Cyberdyne Systems) to create a third Skynet, even more powerful because it's "pure software". The one you can see in T3 and Salvation.

Anyway:

1965 - Sarah Connor is born.
1984 (May 11/12th) - JD 1997 Kyle Reese conceives John Connor II. JD 1997 T-800 "speeds-up" the Skynet technology.
1985 (February 28th) - John Connor II is born.
1995 - JD 1997 II T-1000 and JD 1997 II Uncle Bob arrive in the past. The second Judgment Day (set on August 29th, 1997) is thus deleted, and replaced with the third Judgment Day.
1997 - Sarah Connor dies of leukemia.
2003 - Project Angel. Lately, Cyberdyne drops the ball, and CRS is now the main chief of the Skynet project.
2004 (July 24th) - JD 2004 T-X and JD 2004 T-800 arrive in the past. The third Judgment Day happens.
2018 - Terminator Salvation. John Connor II battles Skynet (CRS Product) to save JD 2004 Kyle Reese. Hybrids like Marcus Wright are also introduced.

NOW:

1- Salvation is not the third iteration of the future events, but the fourth. When JD 2004 Skynet (2033) sent back the Terminatrix, there was a new divergence. Indeed, T-X comes from a different iteration, a third future where: a) John Connor II's Tech-Com lieutenants are different guys (the boys and girls T-X kills in the past); b) John Connor II dies on July 4th, 2032.
Both T-800 and T-X come from October 28, 2033.
Now, in Salvation, JD 2004 Skynet (2018) is just the "younger" version of the JD 2004 Skynet (2033) which sent back the T-X. Both are the third Skynet, just at different stages/times.

2- In Salvation, Kyle Reese CAN die. That doesn't imply John Connor II will cease to exist at all. John Connor II is son of Sarah and JD 1997 Kyle Reese ---> NOT JD 2004 Kyle Reese. JD 1997 Kyle Reese ALREADY exists in 1984, and he comes from the "original" ITERATION of the future.

3- In Salvation, JD 2004 Skynet (2018) must have collected infos about the three Terminators operating in the past, those coming from previous ITERATIONS of the future (T-800, T-1000, T-X). That's why, in 2018, JD 2004 Skynet tries a new "gimmick" in order to kill John Connor II: Marcus Wright. In the third future, JD 2004 Skynet (2033) never used Marcus Wright, which wasn't even completed (I bet). Marcus represents a point of divergence, since his presence will help John to destroy the T-800 series, which will never be launched like in the three previous futures.

4- Uncle Bob is a different T-800 from the "evil" T-800 of the first movie. Likely, the third T-800 in T3 (never officially stated *AS* being a T-850, so I don't take that as canon) is different too (nuclear fuel cells).
Uncle Bob is way more advanced than the evil T-800.
ALL THE FOUR "MODEL 101", coming from four different futures, represent the very same Terminator --- just different "counterparts" belonging to different iterations.

As much as I love discussing The Terminator I just dont think T3 and TS should even be considered a part of the timeline. Those movies are purely high budget poorly thought out fan fiction. There is enough information from the 2 original movies alone to make an interesting discussion about the time line.

Please dont take this the wrong way as The Terminator and its time line has been on my mind a lot lately.

As much as I love discussing The Terminator I just dont think T3 and TS should even be considered a part of the timeline. Those movies are purely high budget poorly thought out fan fiction. There is enough information from the 2 original movies alone to make an interesting discussion about the time line.

Please dont take this the wrong way as The Terminator and its time line has been on my mind a lot lately.

Yep, not to mention T3 and TS are so inconsistent its virtually impossible to link it to the first two, this blog entry just serves it well on a nice plate - http://downfallofterminator.blogspot.com/

What about my timeline? :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"