Name me a hero that never turned evil.

Not necessarily.

Fascists to me are no more ridiculous than anarchists, capitalists or communists...

All extremists are nut-bags in the eyes of Morbo Hound55...

Yea but I hate it when people can't think for themselves.

I use my own moral compass when judging people, not laws.

Sames. I think most balanced people would, whether they realise that's what they do or not.

I don't have too many issues with religion but that's probably the main one I have... a rigid set of guidelines leaves loopholes, openings and hypocritical occurrences when it comes to moral decisions. To me I think its better to judge each moral hurdle on its own merits using the empirical evidence at hand and applying rational thought.

Its done me fine to date...

Yea exactly. I mean, I'm not running around murdering people, but I don't follow the law to a tee.

Yea exactly. I mean, I'm not running around murdering people, but I don't follow the law to a tee.
Exactly, but now lets hear more about your criminal activities, along with your name, date of birth and address... uhh... my good friend.

Although admittedly you don't know me that well, perhaps you would feel more comfortable confessing... err... regaling MajicWalrus with these interesting tales instead..?

*Adjusts wire*

What was that?

Please speak a little louder... and closer to the flower pot...

Sames. I think most balanced people would, whether they realise that's what they do or not.

I don't have too many issues with religion but that's probably the main one I have... a rigid set of guidelines leaves loopholes, openings and hypocritical occurrences when it comes to moral decisions. To me I think its better to judge each moral hurdle on its own merits using the empirical evidence at hand and applying rational thought.

Its done me fine to date...

The problem with this idea of everyone doing what's right in their own eyes is that people have very different opinions of what's right and what's wrong. For example, some people say that downloading songs is fine, some say it's stealing and morally wrong. Others would push things farther and take things from work, justifying that it's a big company that doesn't pay them enough anyways.

Everyone's morals are different, so how do we judge which is right when they are vastly different. For example, Hitler thought he was doing the world a favor by killing off a genetically inferior and evil race.

I believe the only rational option would be for there to be moral absolutes. The only question is where we get them from. To that I would answer we get them from a higher power.

Since Evil is subjective, I think this topic has effectively been neutered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"