NASA finds evience of Alternate Universe.

I'm curious as to how far the 'southern hemisphere' is . . . I mean, it's possible we'll never be able to find that, because what's if it's like all the way on the other side of the universe :confused:

I'm curious as to how far the 'southern hemisphere' is . . . I mean, it's possible we'll never be able to find that, because what's if it's like all the way on the other side of the universe :confused:
It just means looking in the opposite direction from the first void. It's like looking north, then looking south, only on a universal scale.

For the record, I'm highly doubtful that anomalous readings on a background anisotropy map are signs of an alternate universe, though it might be interesting to one day meet myself.

I wonder if there are any black people in the southern hemisphere?

Star Trek anyone?
EmpireLogo1.jpg

Beware.

It just means looking in the opposite direction from the first void. It's like looking north, then looking south, only on a universal scale.

For the record, I'm highly doubtful that anomalous readings on a background anisotropy map are signs of an alternate universe, though it might be interesting to one day meet myself.

yeah, sounds like wishful thinking . . . and still, if the universe if infinite, I don't see how they can gaurantee finding the 'southern hemisphere' . . . unless there's a definitive distance they can estimate . . .

yeah, sounds like wishful thinking . . . and still, if the universe if infinite, I don't see how they can gaurantee finding the 'southern hemisphere' . . . unless there's a definitive distance they can estimate . . .
Are you kidding? :confused:

You know that a "hemisphere" is just half of a sphere, right?

in the alternative universe.....the Pats are 0-11!! and i'm a colts fan!!!! i better actually be ABLE to get a girlfriend in that universe!! :cmad::up:

pfft, even if it is an alternate universe there's no way to get there, as we'll just get stuck in the source wall...although, it may help us figure out the anti-life equation :o

Oh s**t. If a huge mist rolls in... we're screwed.

Just don't shoot your kid and your friends ten seconds after running out of gas. Give yourself a few minutes so the army can show up with their blowtorches.

Are you kidding? :confused:

You know that a "hemisphere" is just half of a sphere, right?

yeah but what I'm confused about is how they can calculate where that is located based on the immensity of the universe . . . surely it's not as easy to determine this it is on a globe . . .

yeah but what I'm confused about is how they can calculate where that is located based on the immensity of the universe . . . surely it's not as easy to determine this it is on a globe . . .
AAAaaah, I see what you mean. We know the direction of the one anomaly, but if the universe is infinite, how can we possibly say that the opposite direction is the opposite end of the universe, right?

I guess we just sort of have to assume that the universe is spherical, or a near approximation.

AAAaaah, I see what you mean. We know the direction of the one anomaly, but if the universe is infinite, how can we possibly say that the opposite direction is the opposite end of the universe, right?

I guess we just sort of have to assume that the universe is spherical, or a near approximation.

exactly! :up: glad we could clear that up ;)

The universe is FLAT, you heretic! :cmad:

jag

I agree with someone else who said they could be jumping to conclusions. There is simply too much we are not fully aware of yet. To see a void that is much larger than they would have expected to find and then say "it's an alternate universe" is a little too much. This could still simply be some unexplained phenomena. Who says that when the universe expanded it uniformly expanded each direction to the exact, a void is probably not as far fetched as they make it out to be, but it simply has yet to be seen on such a large scale. It probably fits into the cosmological model. but it is the fact they simply don't enough about the void at this time, plus the fact that they simply haven't figured everything out yet with the universe and it's going ons. Like I said though, could be wrong (and hope I am, I think string theory and the idea of alternate universes are very much real).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"