NBC's Rise

Katims? I'm in.

Josh Radnor To Headline ‘Drama High’ NBC Pilot
Radnor’s Lou is a left-of-center leading man who has to discover his own passion, drive and charisma. He is a father of three, a husband and an English teacher at a school in a Rust Belt town in Pennsylvania, and decides to take a leap on taking over the drama department, igniting an excitement in him that surprises him.

Also... Barb.

Drama High’: Marley Shelton & Casey Johnson Join Jason Katims’ NBC Drama Pilot

Written by Katims, Drama High was inspired by the story of groundbreaking high school drama teacher Lou Volpe (Radnor) as chronicled in the book Drama High, written by one of Volpe’s students, Michael Sokolove. The hourlong project revolves around an extraordinary working-class high school drama department and the incredible students who come alive under a passionate teacher and family man whose dedication to the program galvanizes the entire town.

Shelton will play Gail, Lou’s (Radnor) wife, mother of three, a classically trained musician who is now giving piano lessons to neighborhood kids. She is supportive of Lou’s new career, but also worries about her family and the impact that this endeavor will have on it. Gail is trying to find the balance on what is best for her family’s life right now and is feeling the pressure to hold everyone together. Johnson will portray Gordy, Lou’s son.

Marley Shelton, that's a throwback.

Series Ordered
C_BuoJIUwAAJaUi.jpg

C_BunIzU0AA6B2Y.jpg

What's this series meant to be like? Anything it can be compared to? Is it musical at all, or mostly just drama? Is it coming this September?

Rise does sound rather generic and forgettable.

[YT]cpsw8W_bmsM[/YT]

Generic looking? Maybe. Katims makes it work, though.

Ever since I learned that the lead guy is actually gay in real life but they made him straight....idk....ill probably watch it over the weekend.

changed the name of the thread to the show's title; RISE.

Moana is in this. i couldn't figure out where I placed her face. and the dude from How I Met Your Mother and Marley Shelton say what? where's she been?

Decent enough cast and I usually love Katims' stuff, but in the two or three episodes that I bothered to tune in for, I just felt no connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"