Netflix, Rick Famuyiwa and Russo Bros developing Superhero film "Past Midnight

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE: Netflix has found success with a slew of small-screen superheroes, but now it is moving into the movie realm. I hear the SVOD service has ordered Past Midnight, a feature about a new kind of vigilante superhero, and is hoping to sign Keanu Reeves to star. The film is written by TJ Fixman and is to be directed by Dope director Rick Famuyiwa and produced by Anthony and Joe Russo, directors of Captain America and Avengers: Infinity War. I hear the deals for these guys have been done and the team is hopeful that John Wick and star Reeves will come on board.

Details of the plot are being kept under wraps, but it is being described as a new type of vigilante superhero story. If Reeves does star, it won’t be his first time at the vigilante rodeo, having starred in two John Wick movies with a third kicking off this year.

Netflix won out on the script in a hot contest, and the film is the latest feature project for rising stars Fixman and Famuyiwa. Fixman is an interesting character: From a video game background, he has sold film projects including One Night on the Hudson to Universal, with Mary Parent producing, Seth Gordon directing and Jason Sudeikis and Charlie Day attached, as well as The Lost for New Line/21 Laps, and Gargoyles for Disney with Lauren Schuler Donner producing. Fixman also was involved in Sony Animation’s take on Popeye and consulted for Hasbro on a number of its film, TV and digital projects.

Sounds intriguing, and possibly with Keanu? Yes, please!

tenor.gif

Rick Famuyiwa is enough to get me interested, but the Russo Brother's being involved too is just another awesome addition. Keanu Reeves staring could be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"