Netflix's Castlevania

I hope they changed writers and the story is more cohesive now, and they don't use such juvenile and childish dialogue, like a teen who just discovered curse words.

I didn't even know this was still going on Netflix. I guess I'll catch up on the last few seasons I missed.

Looks good. Not sure what all is going on there but I’ll definitely be watching. Hopefully Alucard is in this and they are just keeping a lid on it.

Full trailer.

Looks decent, but the trio of lead actors in the original series will be hard to top. Still no Alucard, or Dracula for that matter. I’m sure the latter will show up at least but having neither of them in major roles makes me a little iffy on this. But I’ll still check it out.

Just zipped through it after finishing work. I really enjoyed it, more than I expected as I could tell they were deviating a fair bit.

The 8 episodes is just about right in order to develop characters and care about them. I thought Richter, Olrox, Edouard and Tera were the highlights, with Annette possibly being the one that I struggled most to take to. I didn't mind her too much until one really bad scene where she just inexplicably dumped on another character. I couldn't take to her after that and the writing was a big let down there.

The 2 main villains are probably a weak point as well, insanely over powered and one dimensional motivations. They can't compare to the heft Dracula brought.

Finally as a Castlevania fan, you're made wait for those freak out moments but when they came for me, I felt goosebumps all over. Really well done by the people behind the show and the art department.

Ultimately I'd highly recommend.

Just zipped through it after finishing work. I really enjoyed it, more than I expected as I could tell they were deviating a fair bit.

The 8 episodes is just about right in order to develop characters and care about them. I thought Richter, Olrox, Edouard and Tera were the highlights, with Annette possibly being the one that I struggled most to take to. I didn't mind her too much until one really bad scene where she just inexplicably dumped on another character. I couldn't take to her after that and the writing was a big let down there.

The 2 main villains are probably a weak point as well, insanely over powered and one dimensional motivations. They can't compare to the heft Dracula brought.

Finally as a Castlevania fan, you're made wait for those freak out moments but when they came for me, I felt goosebumps all over. Really well done by the people behind the show and the art department.

Ultimately I'd highly recommend.

I just finished it and I agree with just about all the points made here. Richter Belmont was superb in the lead role, kind of a Trevor Belmont minus the alcohol and plus about 20 Red Bulls. Orlox was the other great character, so mysterious you have no idea where his allegiances lie even by season's end.

And the villains were indeed the weak point, particularly the underwhelming "Vampire Messiah" who couldn't hold a candle to the brilliant and scheming Carmilla from the original series.

Overall, though, a blast of a first season and I can't wait for the next installment.

The problem with Carmilla is that they never tie her story into the main storyline. Also, Hector just doesn't do anything.

Carmilla's two vampire sisters also just peace out and abandon her without a second thought.

People talk about the first series like it was this prestige video game adaptation, and I'm sorry, it really wasn't. The last two seasons were badly written and had terrible structure.

The problem with Carmilla is that they never tie her story into the main storyline. Also, Hector just doesn't do anything.

Carmilla's two vampire sisters also just peace out and abandon her without a second thought.

People talk about the first series like it was this prestige video game adaptation, and I'm sorry, it really wasn't. The last two seasons were badly written and had terrible structure.
That's what I don't get either, the parent show was very up and down, so hardly a bastion to hold Nocturne against. I actually enjoyed this run of 8 episodes more than the opening 4 of the original.

Unfortunately Nocturne has been commandeered by the usual crowd that I doubt even watched either show.

That's what I don't get either, the parent show was very up and down, so hardly a bastion to hold Nocturne against. I actually enjoyed this run of 8 episodes more than the opening 4 of the original.

Unfortunately Nocturne has been commandeered by the usual crowd that I doubt even watched either show.
Yes, I agree. Truthfully, I think Nocturne was a bit more balanced narratively.

I enjoyed Nocturne but the gimmicky ending was a let down.

Highlights were the good guys, the setting, the artwork. The downside were the villains and the ending. The vampire messiah and the abbot were just dull. But the ending was just trash.

I enjoyed Nocturne but the gimmicky ending was a let down.

Highlights were the good guys, the setting, the artwork. The downside were the villains and the ending. The vampire messiah and the abbot were just dull. But the ending was just trash.
Fair and I think good points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"