New Exorcist?

Curious if they’re just throwing out the whole plan they had for the next two films and going in a whole nee direction for the sequel, or will Green’s original intended story still stick.

I think they just need to to continue on with the plan, but simply make a better film next time.

On the one hand: there’s potential there.

On the other: there are much better uses of his time (in before the screaming about Dark Tower starts).

Mile Flanagan being involved would be the only thing that would make me regain interest in this reboot trilogy.

I read somewhere it's separate from that trilogy. I think they scrapped the rest of the sequels.

If they land Flanagan, ditch the trilogy idea. Just let the man do as he will, don’t saddle him with carrying forward a story that didn’t work.

****, it’s basically what he already did with Ouija.

What's interesting is they're saying he's directing more than one. I hope it's more clear once an official release is put out, but regardless, I'm excited. I still haven't finished believer, but with Flanagan on board for the next one, I'm suddenly super interested.

If there has to be more The Exorcist films (and there has to be after the price that was paid), why not bring in a surefire heavy hitter like Mike Flanagan? This does seem more beneficial for Universal than it is for Flanagan, but if he's into it, I'm into it.

Well, that's the best way to get me interested.

Only thing you can guarantee about a Mike Flanagan Exorcist movie is that the demon will have whited out eyes.

I hope it as at least some kind of continuation of the last film rather than another full reboot.

I hope it as at least some kind of continuation of the last film rather than another full reboot.
Separate film from the Believer trilogy means new story probably...

Separate film from the Believer trilogy means new story probably...
Yeah, whatever idea the trilogy was gonna go into has clearly been thrown in the garbage. Deceiver probably have had Chris involved and I guess killed her off by the end, and I guarantee you part 3 would've been called "Redeemer".

Did they even have a plan outline or were they just throwing stuff at the wall? I'd rather defend the Star Wars sequel trilogy over this random junk.

I finished Believer after 3 attempts. One of the worst main stream horror films I've seen in years, and I say that as someone who still thinks Halloween 2018 is the best sequel in the Halloween franchise, so I don't really blame DGG for all of it.

I'm just so relieved Flanagan is helming this. His eye for haunting imagery is pretty much unmatched. I'm still traumatized by the floating man from Hill House.

tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"