New ice cream named for Stephen Colbert

SoulManX

The Inspector!
Reaction score
NEW YORK - Stephen Colbert may have no taste for the truth, but he does have a sweet tooth. Ben & Jerry's has named a new ice cream in honor of the comedian: "Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream."

It's vanilla ice cream with fudge-covered waffle cone pieces and caramel.
Announcing the new flavor Wednesday, Ben & Jerry's called it: "The sweet taste of liberty in your mouth."
The Vermont-based ice-cream maker is known for naming its flavors after people such as Jerry Garcia, Wavy Gravy and the band Phish — which Colbert sees as a political bias.
"I'm not afraid to say it. Dessert has a well-known liberal agenda," Colbert said in a statement. "What I hope to do with this ice cream is bring some balance back to the freezer case."
Colbert, who spoofs flag-waving conservative pundits on his Comedy Central show, "The Colbert Report," is donating his proceeds to charity through the new Stephen Colbert Americone Dream Fund, which will distribute the money to various causes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070214/ap_en_tv/people_stephen_colbert

$20 says that Jon Stewart is extremely jealous that Colbert has gotten much more popular than him.

Is his ice cream names Sour Puss? Cuz that would fit better then the one they have now.

the ice cream actually sounds dam good..... i should drive out into the snow and get some :D

Stephen Colbert is starting to sell out.

no he's just playing the role of a shameless self-promoter extremely well. he's still emulating o'reilly in trying to pass himself off as a national treasure. he's brilliant at it, too. so far he's had a professional hockey mascot, a bridge in hungary and a holiday named after him. that's pretty impressive... and hilarious.

You can't really consider him a sell out, I don't think he sold his name and likeness to the Saginaw Spirit, he didn't sell his name to Hungary so they would name the bridge after him, he got the Holiday named after him by winning a bet...

Yeah, he's selling out to make fun of people who sell out. It's Brilliance!

It be really weird though if the ice cream had peices of Stephen Colbert in it :dry:

I wonder how fudge covered cone pieces scream Stephen Colbert though

no he's just playing the role of a shameless self-promoter extremely well. he's still emulating o'reilly in trying to pass himself off as a national treasure. he's brilliant at it, too. so far he's had a professional hockey mascot, a bridge in hungary and a holiday named after him. that's pretty impressive... and hilarious.
They did not name the bridge after him.

i remember their ambassador coming on the show and presenting something to stephen. what'd they end up naming after him?
Yeah, Stephen claims he tried to bride him...

It's named "Megyeri"...it has to do with what the bridge connects.

that sucks. didn't they give him a consolation prize or something?
I believe they gave him an open invitation to come visit Hungary and view the construction of the Bridge first hand (I assume this trip would have been paid for) and gave in a 10,000 dollar HUF bill....which amounts to about fifty bucks.

I haven't felt like ice cream in months and I always like ice cream. :csad: Maybe I've OD'd. :eek:

I looked for this stuff at stop & shop but I couldnt find it

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"