New Punisher Video Game Speculation/Information

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
The game is coming that's for sure. They did a killer job with the first one. It says original IP game being announced on the 13th so it's probably not Punisher. Still I'd love to see these guys do it.

Saints Row Developers Form New Studio

By Susan Arendt August 08, 2007 | 10:38:24 AMCategories: Game Development
Some of the folks who brought you the surprisingly good GTA clone Saints Row have formed a brand new studio called Blazing Lizard. (Not to be confused with the boys from Broken Lizard, who gave us Super Troopers.)
The new team, including Sandeep Shekar, Jiovanie Velazquez, and Christopher Stockman, will focus on downloadable console games appropriate for all ages. They'll announce their first game, an original IP, on August 13th.
Besides Saints Row, members of the team have also worked on the Red Faction series, The Punisher, Elite Force 2, and games from the Summoner series

The problem is, licensed games are never consistent. Any time there's a good one, it's always by some fluke, and it's RARE that there are ever any good ones. It's pretty much just goes like this:

Goldeneye - Great
Punisher - Very Good
Spider-Man 2 - Good
King Kong - Good

The rest have all (yes ALL) sucked, and I doubt the new game will be any different.

The problem is, licensed games are never consistent. Any time there's a good one, it's always by some fluke, and it's RARE that there are ever any good ones. It's pretty much just goes like this:

Goldeneye - Great
Punisher - Very Good
Spider-Man 2 - Good
King Kong - Good

The rest have all (yes ALL) sucked, and I doubt the new game will be any different.

Bull. You forget Riddick which was AWESOME, and pretty much all of the Hulk games have been excellent. :yay:

What makes you sure that another game is coming? Volition is going to be busy with Saints Row 2 and Red Faction 3 (both of which have been announced in the last few months) and Blazing Lizard (made up of three former Volition guys) is creating an original property. Is it anything but speculation that another Punisher game will be developed?

^ It's common sense Neo. Look how well the last game sold. However it looks like they can't possibly get a new game out in time for the theatrical release but perhaps the DVD release like the last time. It's not a question of "if" but when. The liklihood of them doing it without the cross promotion of a movie was zero. Now that the movie is gearing up...I can assure there are talks.

I think the game actually came out four months after the DVD. Regardless, I will definitely believe you... when there's something to back it up.

First game was awesome. They sold like over a million copies within 2 months I believe.

The first game was pure fun. Guns, brains, cool story, awesome gameplay. I hope this lives up to it.

the first game was great. I enjoyed just mowing down tons and tons of criminals...BTW I was thinking a free roaming Punisher game would be fun as hell...

I loved the first game, i'd be interested as to what they have planned for the second one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"