World nicholas hammond style costume???

tspider

Civilian
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a classic spiderman appearance costume, just like the one they used on the spidey tv show with nicholas hammond back in 1977. I saw one on ebay about a month ago but none since. I believe they called it the angry eyes style costume. Any info from anyone would be much appreciated as I really want to buy one. Thanks, Tspider.

Make that two people that are interested in that costume...I'd love to have one too.

This costume is very rare.
there have been people that have made replicas of them, but my advice is to keep an eye on ebay.
This kind of costume pops up on ebay every now and then...

Hmmm I wonder how many are out there, originals from the TV serial and movies I mean..
They made three features and lots of episodes and I know the costume was altered from 77-80 so there must have been a few.

Hey everyone,
thanks for the replies and info. I last saw one of these on ebay some time ago and it went for 600 bucks!. I unfortunately didn't have the funds or I would have got it then and there. I believe it was a replica also. If anyone has any pics of these costumes, originals and replicas, I'de love to see em. Thanks again.

$625 UDS (including S&H to be exact).

This was the auction description (modified) if it helps. This description is full of information regarding this suit:
Replica of the "Classic" Spider-Man costume / appearance suit prop from the late 70's through the mid 80's. The style of this suit is affectionately nicknamed "angry eyes" due to the face mask's eye shape a'la "Steve Ditko". The original suits were manufactured by the Eaves Brooks costume company and was the basis for the early Marvel Tour and Appearance suits (showcased in numerous promotional material). This style was also modified for use in the short lived 70's Television series starring Nicholas Hammond.)

The Amazing Spider-man comic # 262 showcases a photo cover of a "decapitated angry eye" Spider-Man suit worn by actor/stuntman Scott Leva.

The Replica one piece costume is made of 4-way high quality stretch spandex and 2 special silkscreened inks are used for the highly accurate webbing. The face, the back of the head, gloves and boots are screened with a "reflective" ink that gives this suit a special 3-D highlight while the rest of the body screen is in standard matte black ink. The patterns and web lines are all based on the original suit. All the details are faithfully captured from the stitching of the suit, the embroidery of the back spider aplique, all the way to the metal back zipper and the accurate leather feet bottoms.

slight modifications have been incorporated into the design in order to set the replica apart from the original.
· The first being the 2 types of ink used in screening the web lines as listed above.
· The second is found on the back Spider. The Replica has a RED EMBROIDERY while the original has a BLACK OUTLINE.
· Finally, the last modification can be found in the belt area detail.
The original tour suit's belt comes to a "rounded elliptical point" with the actual belt having TWO web lines horizintally across. The replica has only ONE web line across and the belt comes to a more "angular point".
This suit was NOT created for mass production sale. (There should be less than twenty assembled.)
07_1.jpg

0f_1.jpg

Hope this helps.

Hey alterego2,
thanks heaps for that info buddy, my computer crashed just after that auction and I lost all those details. I was racking my brain about who made these costumes. Since my last post I have found the guy who makes these replicas and I'm now in the process to try and sell off my old classic spidey costume plus some star wars gear on Ebay so I can get the cash. I was told I'm looking at around $1000 bucks so it looks like I've got alot of selling to do. Anyway thanks again for the info,
Cheers, Todd.

Can you share who your contact is for the suit? I was told by another that the maker was located in Italy? What type of suit is your comic style costume...got any pics?

Yeah,
It's a website that goes by the name of action-actors.com and they have top quality costumes. I don't know too much more but when I'm ready to get one I'll be talking more to them. Mine is the standard comic style which I purchased some time ago for $500 off a costume company. It's made just like the one I want, very professional and I've seen it used at theme parks and store appearances, but It's not what I want and have been looking for the old style appearance suit for ages. Give me your email and I'll send you some pics.

spider-man-tv-series-6.jpg

spider-man_tv_70ies.jpg

spidermanstrikesbacklc3.jpg

spidey8b.jpg

WHY? WHY WOULD ANYBODY WANT THAT SUIT, UNLESS THEY JUST WANTED TO BURN NICHOLAS HAMMOND IN EFFIGY? :down:(

WHY? WHY WOULD ANYBODY WANT THAT SUIT, UNLESS THEY JUST WANTED TO BURN NICHOLAS HAMMOND IN EFFIGY?

That is a mighty strong statement....I, for one have always equated that suit with the first "REAL LIFE" Spiderman. I remember vividly watching that show on tv and waiting for the next weeks episode...NOW..in my later years I recently purchased a set of VCD's that has all the episodes of the show...and to be quite honest...The show did a very bad job of portraying Spiderman..BUT...that being said, it was still one of the stepping stones in the Spiderman franchise and must have played a role to get us to the point we are today with the franchise????

Thanks for the pics. I cannot believe that the suit used on the show was actually "angy eyes" with a modification to add the lenses!!!!!! I guess my memory did not serve me correct..thought it was designed in a similar light but was at least somewhat different.

tspider said:
Yeah,
It's a website that goes by the name of action-actors.com and they have top quality costumes. I don't know too much more but when I'm ready to get one I'll be talking more to them. Mine is the standard comic style which I purchased some time ago for $500 off a costume company. It's made just like the one I want, very professional and I've seen it used at theme parks and store appearances, but It's not what I want and have been looking for the old style appearance suit for ages. Give me your email and I'll send you some pics.

Tspider,

Be very careful with Action Actors. I have not had first hand experience but I have read some scary reveiws on other boards. Here you can read it for yourself http://com1.runboard.com/bbrotherhoodofthebat.fmoviescartoonscollectibles.t5168

P.S. Use the other links in the second post on that page to read more.

Hey, thanks superpower,
sorry to sound like an idiot but can you give me the exact location to where the review is so I can check it out,
thanks

Thanks again superpower,
I'm now treading very carefully and am in 2 minds about what to do. I have been told that he can provide me with a classic appearance costume for $1000 bucks and I am considering it providing I see pics forst and the cash exchange is safe. I'm not sure what to do as I have never dealt with him before and hate to judge. So far communication has been good so I don't know, anyway thanks again for the info.

tspider said:
Thanks again superpower,
I'm now treading very carefully and am in 2 minds about what to do. I have been told that he can provide me with a classic appearance costume for $1000 bucks and I am considering it providing I see pics forst and the cash exchange is safe. I'm not sure what to do as I have never dealt with him before and hate to judge. So far communication has been good so I don't know, anyway thanks again for the info.

Well I wish you the best of luck Tspider. Do shop around though 1000 is real high for that suit.

Anyone know where to get a classic "angy eyes" suit or even better yet.....
spiderman2o%2ejpg

To me this is the "HOLY GRAIL" of spiderman costumes....anyone that could help me acquire this...I would be forever in your debt.

Thanx in advance :)

Hi everyone,
thanks for all the comments regarding this thread. My search has ended as I have just purchased the suit I have been after for ages. I'll post some pics when I learn how to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"