Night Thrasher. I know he was killed but WTF!

Yeah I'm actually unclear on this too. ^^^

or you. how nice.

Indeed.
As we've now reached the silly point of this thread I think i'll actually make my point properly.

Your earlier statement that dwayne is a popular enough character that a poll would reveal this and marvel would therefore be inclined to creat a book for him is really a bit silly.

Dwayne is not a popular character, he is a foot note (NB I am not saying he is a bad character, just an obscure one). The suggestion that a series could be sustained simply by being a night thrasher comic is simply ludicrous. There are precious few characters than can sustain a series just because they happen to feature that character (we're talking spider-mans, supermans here). Night thrasher is nowhere near there bracket (NB I'm not suggesting you think he is btw just that is what is required for a series to be sustained on the basis of a characters popularity).

If this character ever gets a successful series it's going to be down to quality of writing and art, not the inherent character popularity you assumed into existance.

This should not be seen as a knock against NT just a statement of the obvious, some characters are more popular than others and NT is in the less popular bracket.

Okay got it (story about new Night Thrasher). ________(insert name of rouge Cape Killer) is fed up with the way things have been going for his childhood heroes. He has looked up to the likes of spider-man, Thor and Cap his entire life. He has had enough when he violently takes down ________(insert B list hero) in the process of saving children from a burning building. He's the best cape killer SHIELD has and he has progressed alomost effortlessly through the new super soilder plan (or some type of strength augmentational process that increases his ability to keep up with most heroes he is sent to take down). But the straw that broke the camel's back was when he saw Cap murdered on TV. It blew his mind and sent him into a deep soul search. He (somehow) sneaks into the lab of SHIELD he swipes some blue prints for stark's armour and even manages to get some spare pieces of armour. He starts thinking for an identity to use and he comes up with Night Thrasher. So while doing his crime fighting duties on the side he still manages to be a "cape killer" until they start tracking Night Thrasher.
I can see him taking on guys (like I said before) he has no buisness taking on. People like Lizard, Venom, Lady Deathstrike and Green Goblin. And even re-newing his rivalry with the Punisher. What you guys think?

Your earlier statement that dwayne is a popular enough character that a poll would reveal this and marvel would therefore be inclined to creat a book for him is really a bit silly.

yeah, that would be silly. but that's not what i said; not even close.

here it is again.
"someone should do a poll on Dwayne's popularity and make Marvel aware of it. he was probably one of my favorite characters."

yeah, that would be silly. but that's not what i said; not even close.

here it is again.
"someone should do a poll on Dwayne's popularity and make Marvel aware of it. he was probably one of my favorite characters."

Sorry I took that to be what you said.

I'm inferring that you are implying a poll would reveal NT to be a popular character. Marvel would upon seeing this, commission a comic. That would seem a logical enough conclusion.

If I am misunderstanding this what do you think a poll of his popularity would reveal? And upon this knowledge being made available to marvel what do you think their course of action would be?

I may well be wrong of course.

:)

Indeed.
As we've now reached the silly point of this thread I think i'll actually make my point properly.

Dwayne is not a popular character, he is a foot note (NB I am not saying he is a bad character, just an obscure one). The suggestion that a series could be sustained simply by being a night thrasher comic is simply ludicrous. There are precious few characters than can sustain a series just because they happen to feature that character (we're talking spider-mans, supermans here). Night thrasher is nowhere near there bracket (NB I'm not suggesting you think he is btw just that is what is required for a series to be sustained on the basis of a characters popularity).

If this character ever gets a successful series it's going to be down to quality of writing and art, not the inherent character popularity you assumed into existance.

This should not be seen as a knock against NT just a statement of the obvious, some characters are more popular than others and NT is in the less popular bracket.

Owned!:dry:

Sorry I took that to be what you said.

I'm inferring that you are implying a poll would reveal NT to be a popular character. Marvel would upon seeing this, commission a comic. That would seem a logical enough conclusion.

If I am misunderstanding this what do you think a poll of his popularity would reveal? And upon this knowledge being made available to marvel what do you think their course of action would be?

I may well be wrong of course.

:)

that people like him and that he's worthy of another shot at existence. this isn't exactly the first thread about Night Thrasher. he's been mentioned a lot, lately. i don't think they'd give him a series and, truthfully, i wouldn't want one. the character works better within a team environment.

WTF!!! I hate when you guys ignore me. It pisses me off!

WTF!!! I hate when you guys ignore me. It pisses me off!

i want Dwayne Taylor back. your story was about some cape-killing hypocrite wearing Dwayne's costume. there, you haven't been ignored.

On topic:

He was an excellent character before they dumbed him down for the sake of a story,.. then killed him.

Most of us, (who can be bothered to comment w/o being asked), would prefer the original guy,... not some replacement,...

if he has to be replaced,.. it should be rage.

*sob*

The New Warriors sucked, I'm glad they're dead.

Darthphere has bad opinions and likes to share them in his quest for gratification through dissent.

The only popular character to come from the New Warriors was Nova, and he had a fan base before he joined the team plus the support of a massive cosmic cast of characters in the Annihilation arc to help lift him to stardom. Leave the rest of em dead (Speedball is dead to me...la la la la).

I've always thought of Night Thrasher of being one of the TOP most generic, bland characters to be spawned by the 90's, and really wished he was replaced with someone like Moon Knight to lead the New Warriors just for some sort of cool-factor.

Shallow as it sounds, I liked Night Thrasher mostly because he was black. I read New Warriors way back when I was first getting into comics and I hadn't seen too many black characters before him. He turned out to be cool in other ways, I found, but the fact that he was black is what drew me in in the first place. Now the idea of a black guy with a skateboard strapped to his back would--and, in fact, just did--make me laugh, but what can I say, I was young.

what initially drew me to Night Thrasher was his race. but it was his intelligence/youth/ruthlessness that made me a fan. i actually don't own any issues of his book where he uses the skateboard. i had always thought it was more Rocket Racer's style & Dwayne just used his as a makeshift shield. love that uzi he used to carry around and all of the other lethal surprises in his armor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"