No August Fan Art Contest

DrDoom

Dictator
Reaction score
Are we having one this month?

hopefully the will be a September/October one. Could be fun to have a fall/Halloween themed contest

it my be bad form to do so after the Batman movie fiasco recently -I can relate to that Joker dude after the Batman andRobin Movie - However going overboard as he did was too much

I just couldn't tomach a Batman movie ever again after that

Are you being serious?

You mean me disliking all the batman movies - yup - Then again I am not a huge batman fan though nightfall pt 11 gave me a chuckle or 2 - Give me a Break -

No, I meant are you serious in regards to not having an art contest because of Aurora?

it my be bad form to do so after the Batman movie fiasco recently -I can relate to that Joker dude after the Batman andRobin Movie - However going overboard as he did was too much

How does this relate to a fan art contest??? :huh:

last 1 was batman

...and the next one, if there is one, may be something different. Like 'draw your favorite Avenger.' The Aurora incident has nothing *at all* to do with a fan art contest.

...and the next one, if there is one, may be something different. Like 'draw your favorite Avenger.' The Aurora incident has nothing *at all* to do with a fan art contest.

Actaly pretty sure it did - I asked the op to delay it in honor f that fiasco - Others - I am sure others did as well - I didn't even bother entering it for disliking batman in general -

Actaly pretty sure it did - I asked the op to delay it in honor f that fiasco - Others - I am sure others did as well - I didn't even bother entering it for disliking batman in general -

Except that CC posted the contest on 6-14. Almost a full week *before* the shootings.

I, for one, love Batman and always will. I've been a huge fan since Tim Burton's movie came out. Are there people that dislike Batman? Sure. But if you don't like it, you don't have to enter it. Simple as that. I really don't like Spiderman. Therefore, if the next contest is Spiderman related, I will skip it. It's really not that big a deal......

Except that CC posted the contest on 6-14. Almost a full week *before* the shootings.

I, for one, love Batman and always will. I've been a huge fan since Tim Burton's movie came out. Are there people that dislike Batman? Sure. But if you don't like it, you don't have to enter it. Simple as that. I really don't like Spiderman. Therefore, if the next contest is Spiderman related, I will skip it. It's really not that big a deal......

DELAY the "finish" of it I kinow it started before. Kinda like putting a flag halfway down mourning a fallen comrade

She didn't post the votes til almost a month past deadline

What exactly is the "Batman Movie Fiasco"? What does Aurora have to do with any of this, or Batman with the next Fan Art contest?

What exactly is the "Batman Movie Fiasco"? What does Aurora have to do with any of this, or Batman with the next Fan Art contest?

google AURORA BATMAN MOVIE

however this isn't a particular correct forum to discuss this in detail

Should be Just about every hit on 1st page

No, no, I know about the Aurora shooting, but it's not a "fiasco" - it's a tragic event. My confusion is coming from lack of correlation in what you're discussing and an absence of a Fan-Art Contest for Aug/Sep.

The reason there's no contest right now is that CC is busy. It has NOTHING to do with the Aurora shooting. Your posts here are - and I sincerely mean no disrespect - near-incomprehensible. They're not very clear and they show no correlation to the topic at hand, and when people asked for clarification (as DrDoom and myself both did) you clarified the wrong thing. I'm honestly not trying to slam you; I'm trying to give you friendly advice.

Please be a little more clear and on-topic. (Perhaps you were on topic you just forgot to set up context? Just trying to help)

No, no, I know about the Aurora shooting, but it's not a "fiasco" - it's a tragic event. My confusion is coming from lack of correlation in what you're discussing and an absence of a Fan-Art Contest for Aug/Sep.

The reason there's no contest right now is that CC is busy. It has NOTHING to do with the Aurora shooting. Your posts here are - and I sincerely mean no disrespect - near-incomprehensible. They're not very clear and they show no correlation to the topic at hand, and when people asked for clarification (as DrDoom and myself both did) you clarified the wrong thing. I'm honestly not trying to slam you; I'm trying to give you friendly advice.

Please be a little more clear and on-topic. (Perhaps you were on topic you just forgot to set up context? Just trying to help)

I'm from an elder generation to most - my terminology may not be exactly the same as yours - Fiasco - Ruckuss - problem - Melee - BAD THING - NON NON NON NON NON NON TRIUMPHANT! etc

It's not always easy to get all points across in all contexts and all peoples understandings - Or simply assume people understand

And sometimes my characters on my keyboard do not type and I do not pay attention

Hate's Harsh on Batman - Dislike - think the plots stupid to my tastes especially the bloodbath of the movies - Don't worry however feel that way with many modern movie adaptions just batmans on my lowest like especially after Batman + Robin

Even though I got to see the batmobile and the motorcycle in life from that movie still didn't help. they looked like Neon Amusement park rides

Okay, I've been reading this thread for a while and I'm just going to be blunt. Why would the Aurora shooting have any impact on not having an August/September Fan Art Contest?

I'm from an elder generation to most - my terminology may not be exactly the same as yours - Fiasco - Ruckuss - problem - Melee - BAD THING - NON NON NON NON NON NON TRIUMPHANT! etc

It's not always easy to get all points across in all contexts and all peoples understandings - Or simply assume people understand

And sometimes my characters on my keyboard do not type and I do not pay attention

Hate's Harsh on Batman - Dislike - think the plots stupid to my tastes especially the bloodbath of the movies - Don't worry however feel that way with many modern movie adaptions just batmans on my lowest like especially after Batman + Robin

Even though I got to see the batmobile and the motorcycle in life from that movie still didn't help. they looked like Neon Amusement park rides
Actually you used "fiasco" incorrectly - same with the em Dash (see what I did there?) Also incorrect use of punctuation and capitalisation and no context (or too much assumption on the part of others' understanding).

I'm honestly saying this to help you with your posting - it has nothing to do with your age or generation. I've been posting in internet forums since 2002 and I've picked up on some stuff.

The reason there's no contest right now is that CC is busy. It has NOTHING to do with the Aurora shooting.
Your posts here are - and I sincerely mean no disrespect - near-incomprehensible. They're not very clear and they show no correlation to the topic at hand, and when people asked for clarification (as DrDoom and myself both did) you clarified the wrong thing. I'm honestly not trying to slam you; I'm trying to give you friendly advice.

This is a reason I can believe in. The tragic events that happened in a movie theater that just happened to be showing a Batman movie should in no way hinder or stop an art contest that may or may not have Batman in it. Did DC stop production of the comics? Did WB pull the movie from the theaters? No. The fact is there are some pretty messed up people in this world and the shootings could have easily happened during a Twilight movie of so children's movie.

This is no reason to assume that CC is stopping the contests because of some nutjob. More than likely like most of us that work her schedule just isn't giving her the time to set one up.

It was simply a suggestion to her at time because it was bad form of what happened - not to stop it - just let the trmoil die down

I think you may be alone in thinking it "bad form". The contest had nothing to do with the contest. To cancel it would have been a over-reaction and merely insulting to the memory of those lost. Imagine if the rest of the screenings and comics and anything Batman related underwent a kind of "embargo". It's a political statement that need not be made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"