No Shared Universe for DC Films

I like how Bane's casually walking away. :lmao:

LOL..yeah my manip skills are non-existent.

Superman: Don't worry, buddy, I got this.

Bane: ****.

Batman: Sucks to be you right now LOL!

But as people have said WB doesnt really need a plan when they have Sherlock Holmes, Lord of the Rings/Hobbit, and a lot of other billion dollar franchises

Yeah and I think that's why they have been throwing many at mediocre superhero films for a quick cash grab.

They should make "WB All-Stars" where Superman takes on the monsters from the "Of The Titans" franchise while Batman, Sherlock Holmes, and Watson investigate what happened the previous night during the Wolf Pack's latest get together SPOILER: They angered Sauron.

I'd rather keep the solo films separate from one another. There's no need to throw in little winks and nods to Superman's existence in a Batman movie. When I see a Batman movie, I'm there to see a Batman story. When I see a Flash movie (God willing), I'm there for a Flash story. I've enjoyed the Marvel universe for the most part, but I admit that the SHIELD/Avengers subplots sometimes got in the way of the main characters' solo efforts.

But by the same token, there's nothing to suggest that these characters don't co-exist, so you could have these individual franchises and still have them come together in a Justice League movie. The connection just doesn't have to be as "in-your-face" as Marvel's strategy.

Exactly. Very well said. There is no reason you cant keep them separate and have a JL movie thats also separate (actors can be the same).

You bring up a very valid point and that is that a shared universe starts getting in the way of the plot. Iron Man 2 really suffered from the shield sub plot, and even in Avengers they had to explain why Jane Foster was not around. This kind of stuff gets more and more relevant as continuity grows

They should make "WB All-Stars" where Superman takes on the monsters from the "Of The Titans" franchise while Batman, Sherlock Holmes, and Watson investigate what happened the previous night during the Wolf Pack's latest get together SPOILER: They angered Sauron.

lmao

In fact I doubt TDKR will come close to a billion.

First of all: A billion for TDKR is pretty much guaranteed. Inception made 800M, and we are talking about a sequel in a very popular franchise. But this discussion really belongs in the box office thread.

A totally different issue is that I would argue that a JL-movie probably can't be made using the recipe for TA. I would say that DC should start out by doing a Batman & Superman - Worlds Finest team-up to establish a world where their two strongest assets can coexist. Then they should give Wonder Woman her own movie a year or so after. On the list of DC's strongest assets she is a very clear number 3 and she is a very well-known character to the GA. (A much better known character than Green Lantern ever was, and they made a movie with him)
These two movies are all they need before they can make JL. The rest of the League members doesn't need their own movies before they've gained the awareness from a bigger audience.

But to be honest I still have to buy the premise for Justice League. I'm not a big fan of the notion of team-up movies, or at least I wasn't until TA came along. I've never liked the JL comic book or the cartoon. I've always felt the characters worked better individually.

Last edited:
In a Collider interview, Bale reveals he was contracted for at least three Batman movies:

http://collider.com/christian-bale-the-dark-knight-rises-interview

That validates what Jamie was saying earlier about whether Bale would return for a third film when people were wondering if Nolan would do a third Batman film. Bale would come back for a third film regardless whether Chris Nolan returned to direct or not.

Now had he signed a four-film contract like Robert Downey Jr. did... WB would've had that final option on him for a JL or World's Finest film. And make no mistake, they would exercise that.

This was pretty much common knowledge when Batman Begins was released and standard practice for most series now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"