Octavia Spencer is Ma

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score

Spencer plays a solitary woman who traps a group of teens in her home to keep them as her own.

I spoke to someone who saw a test screening for it, apparently it's really fun! Quite gruesome too

Well at least Spencer broke the typecasting box that tries to always make her the "sassy black friend".

With Ma and The Witches, Octavia seems to be getting some deserved recognition. This looks like a really fun night at the movies, accompanied by a few drinks and a blunt or two. I'm in.

Didn't realize that this was from the director of "The Help" too, so Octavia and him doing something different together. This looks fun.

This looks great! Going to check it out once the film arrives!

Looks insanely entertaining and Octavia in this kind of role is something I never would have expected, but based off that trailer it really looks like its going to work. I love it when actors challenge themselves by playing against type casting.

Didn't realize that this was from the director of "The Help" too, so Octavia and him doing something different together. This looks fun.

She did make somebody a sh— cake in that movie, so there was a little seed of what she can do if you annoy her.

Man this looks fun. Octavia has more than proven herself a great actress and I’m glad she’s getting to play something different.

Kinda wish they hadn't given away the reveal about her knowing the kids' parents from high school, but there's no telling if that's even the biggest twist in the film, so we'll see...

I'm never going to look at her the same way again, lol.

Another hit for Blumhouse. Looks like goofy fun.

So she basically was abused in high school and is using the kids to get back at the parents?

Randomly saw the trailer as a youtube add. This looks good. Don’t know if I’ll end up seeing it, but it does look like a movie that might be fun to go see with a few friends.

Glad to see Spencer doing something a little different. Never would’ve expected her to freak me out lol

They took the mammy stereotype and turned her into a slasher. I approve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"