~~**Official Car Thread 2010**~~

2010 Lincoln MKZ​

mkz12.gif

mkz2.gif

My thoughts: I have old-fashioned taste when it comes to my cars. I don't like many of those cars with sleek, exaggerated arcs, and short, sporty slopes and hood scoops. Occasionally, I like to see myself in a more subdued and more luxurious-looking car that isn't going to break the bank. Of course, Lincoln has for years now acclimated itself and its buyers to a certain mentality of buyers. On paper, I shouldn't even like this car, but I really do.

It's not a car you can take to the track necessary, but I do admire the 2010's exterior and interior upgrades (I'm even a fan of the rear fascia and tail lamps). I also really like the Sport package and the sport suspension.

Some say that Lincolns are overpriced, but you're getting something special--According to the latest 2010 JD Power rankings, Lincoln is the second most dependable brand in the world right now. Right below Porsche and right above Buick and Lexus.

Last edited:
GM developing Twin Turbo V6 to fight Ford's Ecoboost

These are the days when V6 engines are getting all the love, and the reasons are obvious. Chrysler has finally got its Phoenix Pentastar V6 on, and down under General Motors recently rolled out the facelifted Commodore line with its 3.0-liter SIDI V6. The point is to provide solid power and go easy on the gas, and in the U.S. the V6 that's been making that point very well is Ford's 3.5-liter V6 EcoBoost found in the Flex and Lincoln MKS and MKT.

GM's got its eye on that lump as it prepares a twin-turbo 3.0-liter V6 engine provisionally called LF3, a derivative of the same High Feature LF1 V6 (pictured) in the new Commodore. According to GM Inside News, we should "expect the engine to rival" the EcoBoost. The Ford motor comes in at 350 horsepower and 355 pound-feet of torque, compared to the 3.0-liter SIDI V6 at 270 hp and 213 lb-ft.

Where would this engine appear? Up at this end of the Earth we can probably expect it in the newly confirmed Cadillac XTS (Cadillac worked with Holden to develop the HF1) and perhaps even the Cadillac ATS and the Camaro. Look for it in 2011 or 2012... hopefully.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/24/report-gm-developing-twin-turbo-3-0l-v6-to-fight-ecoboost/

someone hit and ran my car in the parking lot while i was working today. I come out to leave only to find my driver's side mirror knocked off. I'm pissed.

someone hit and ran my car in the parking lot while i was working today. I come out to leave only to find my driver's side mirror knocked off. I'm pissed.
That happens more often than you could ever imagine..

If I could afford it, I'd get a Tesla

tesla1.png

but, since I know my budget, I'll probably end up with a 3 year old Corolla

lacy2des9ii.jpg

Participate DAMMIT!!

2009 Jaguar XF​

xf1.gif

xf3.gif

My thoughts: The Jaguar XF is one of the hottest selling mid-size sports sedans out there right now. With a price starting under $50k, this car is appealing to all sorts of drivers. With such a great interior and exterior design and solid Jaguar track record, I anticipate seeing a lot more of these cars out on the street by the end of 2011.

I see about 2 or 3 XF's around my neighborhood weekly now, which is saying a lot if you knew where I lived ( :p ). But, I really like this car. For under $40k used, I expect this car to be flying off Used car lots as well. Here, you have Jaguar luxury and nameplate, with some top-of-the-line technology and gadgets, and a simply gorgeous 3/4 rear view angle, and a 4.2L V8 engine, 300hp, and RWD to boot.

This car might be near the top of my list for cars in its class and I hope that I'll be able to test drive one in the future to see if its performance and detail matches its good looks.

Last edited:
someone recommend me a good dvd/gps receiver radio for my car

the pink 2007 dodge charger on page 1 lol

2009 Hyundai Genesis​

genesis1.gif

genesis2.gif

My thoughts: Ahh, the legendary Hyundai Genesis (sedan); the 2009 North American Car of the Year. You would think, a car with such high praise from car critics and editors alike, you'd see more of these out on the road! Honestly, over the last year and a half or so, I can count the number of Genesis I've seen out on the road on one hand (for the sedan anyway--I see more of the coupe from time to time).

It's a little weird. Here, you have an amazing, albeit austere looking car, with some top-of-the-line interior materials and design that rivals much more expensive cars, but apparently, at least in my area, they don't seem very appealing to buyers. You've got a RWD 4.6L V8 with 375hp with 17/25 mpg for under $40k and luxury out the ying yang. Are these people crazy? That sounds like a good deal to me! I guess $40k for a Hyundai isn't catching going to catch on too quickly..

I wouldn't mind giving this car a try at all and I would love even more to be the first one my block, in my neighborhood, or maybe in the entire 10 mile radius to be seen riding around in one of these bad boys.

Last edited:
First Lincoln Hybrid to be Most Fuel-efficient Luxury Sedan in America
March 30, 2010

Fuel economy is soon going to be a trait more closely associated with the Lincoln brand in addition to design, technology and comfort. The new 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid will be shown for the first time at the 2010 New York Auto Show, and it is poised to be the most fuel-efficient luxury sedan in America. The first-ever hybrid for the Lincoln brand is expected to deliver at least 41 miles per gallon in the city.

The new premium midsize sedan hybrid joins Ford Motor Company’s growing lineup of hybrids, including the Ford Fusion Hybrid – 2010 North American Car of the Year and America’s most fuel-efficient sedan – plus the Ford Escape Hybrid and Mercury Milan and Mariner Hybrids.

Introduction of the new Lincoln MKZ Hybrid also complements Ford’s aggressive global electrification plan. Ford is introducing five new electrified vehicles by 2013. They include the Transit Connect Electric in late 2010, the Focus Electric in 2011, a next-generation hybrid electric vehicle and a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) in 2012, followed by another next-generation hybrid electric vehicle in 2013.

The Lincoln MKZ Hybrid’s projected fuel economy tops its nearest competitor – the 2010 Lexus HS 250h – by 6 mpg. It also trumps the Lexus with room for one more passenger and more standard luxury and segment-exclusive safety features.

“Today’s luxury customers do not want to make sacrifices. Lincoln has found a way to deliver a luxury sedan with the comforts they expect, the technology they want and the environmental responsibility society demands,” said Derrick Kuzak, Ford Group Vice President, Global Product Development.

The 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid uses Ford’s second-generation hybrid technology – the 2.5-liter Atkinson-cycle I-4 hybrid engine, named one of Ward’s 2010 “10 Best Engines.”

The system combines the best attributes of the gasoline engine and electric battery-driven motors to deliver optimal performance and fuel economy.

Industry-leading fuel economy comes without sacrificing power. The combined gasoline engine and electric motor provide 191 net horsepower. Plus, the pure electric mode on the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid extends to 47 mph – compared with the Lexus HS 250h battery-only mode which reaches just 25 mph.

The 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid comes standard with features and technologies that are either not offered on the Lexus HS 250h or are available only at an extra cost.

This first-ever hybrid for the Lincoln brand goes on sale in the fall of 2010

Been waiting for Toyota to come out w/ a new sports car since the Supra was dropped. They were looking to put this into production; the HT-HS:

1122007detroitautoshow1.jpg

But they scrapped it for this; the FT-86:

toyotaft86f34ns11170981.jpg

I kinda need it :o

I've driven a Dode Caliber, but never a Nitro. Wonder how it would do off road.

That FT-86 makes me feel funny in strange places. :heart:

Been waiting for Toyota to come out w/ a new sports car since the Supra was dropped. They were looking to put this into production; the HT-HS:

1122007detroitautoshow1.jpg

But they scrapped it for this; the FT-86:

toyotaft86f34ns11170981.jpg

I kinda need it :o

would you fit in it Mr. Muscles?

I've driven a Dode Caliber, but never a Nitro. Wonder how it would do off road.

That FT-86 makes me feel funny in strange places. :heart:

Idk if the Nitro is an off road kind of vehicle. The stock chrome 20in wheels give me that impression lol

Yeah man, that FT-86 is sick. Wonder how much it'll cost.

would you fit in it Mr. Muscles?

I better! I had a Corolla for a week(rental). The car was the most fuel efficient thing since horses but I looked awkward stuffed into it :hehe:

It's weird because it has that Jeep Wrangler look to it, but it's designed to be a full SUV, and the Caliber the mid sized crossover type. If hauling the family is your game and you want to look manly doing it, the Nitro is probably your thing. It looks like if you just need to haul stuff, pick up a truck or the Caliber, if you're set on a Dodge.

Is there any info on how much horsepower, fuel economy, etc. the FT-86 has (Needs a name that's easier on the tongue)? Toyota would have a winner with a sports car that has power and Toyota's trademark fuel economy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"