Official new uniform thread

I also don't see any sort of costume making it into the Movie. He was a military man, participated in a experiment and escaped to roam free through the world for 15 years. I doubt he'll be going on any missions for the government in the Movie. If anything he'll be a hunted man.

But if he should happen to wear anything else beside normal clothes, it should be just military gear.

wr4.jpg

I don't think he should wear a uniform, just his leather jacket, jeans, wife beater shirt and his cowboy hat.

yes i agree,isnt the movie supposed to be before he's an x-man?

yes uniform, no spandex. possibly a mask, but no blue and yellow color scheme use the brown and yellow instead.

Wolverine's original blue/black and yellow uniform wasn't given to him by the X-Men. Look at Giant Size #1. It was given to him while he was working for Department H for the Canadian military. A Wolverine prequel could easily feature this costume (modified of course), even if they change the history to where he works for the US govt. It's not his X-Men uniform. It's the Wolverine uniform. So even if no X-Men are in the film at all, it could easily be featured, at least at the end.

It would actually make less sense for the brown costume to be featured, as this uniform was first introduced after he was already a member of the X-Men.

I just don't see how they can do 4 Wolverine movies (as everybody agrees X1-3 were more about him), and not feature the iconic blue/yellow Wolverine costume that made him famous.

He probably won't even where a costume. He hasn't met the X-Men yet.

For those that can type but can't read, please at least look at my last post.

And, speaking of the uniform given him by the Canadian military, here's a good start:

main.php

axex said:
I just don't see how they can do 4 Wolverine movies (as everybody agrees X1-3 were more about him), and not feature the iconic blue/yellow Wolverine costume that made him famous.

Because as great as it is to look at in the comics, it would absolutely make no sense in real life for him to wear the costume. Do you honestly think the government would send their special operatives around in bright colours on field missions where they can be spotted from a mile away instead of camo gear?

"Ok, listen Logan. We need you to destroy that facility. You must not be seen, if you get caught we'll deny any connections between you and Department H. Oh and btw, wear that yellow costume."

Nathan said:
Because as great as it is to look at in the comics, it would absolutely make no sense in real life for him to wear the costume. Do you honestly think the government would send their special operatives around in bright colours on field missions where they can be spotted from a mile away instead of camo gear?

"Ok, listen Logan. We need you to destroy that facility. You must not be seen, if you get caught we'll deny any connections between you and Department H. Oh and btw, wear that yellow costume."

Well, it makes just about as much sense as people with superhuman powers--controlling weather, shooting raybeams from eyeballs, and being a blue hairy ape-man. Or a man that has spider powers, or a man that wears a cape and red underwear over his tights while he flies. But don't all of these make big bucks at theaters?

It's a comic book movie. It's not supposed to be like our reality, and this can still be achieved without being like Batman and Robin bs.

There's a difference between people being born with a mutation and a government that puts their personnal into bright yellow spandex.

Just because it is a Movie based on a comic that doesn't mean you can dress anyone up in their original outfits and not have the audience laugh their asses off. If you adapt a comic to the big screen, you have to make certain changes to make it believable and ground it into reality.

Nathan said:
There's a difference between people being born with a mutation and a government that puts their personnal into bright yellow spandex.

Just because it is a Movie based on a comic that doesn't mean you can dress anyone up in their original outfits and not have the audience laugh their asses off. If you adapt a comic to the big screen, you have to make certain changes to make it believable and ground it into reality.

thanks for confirming you can't read

Nathan said:

I know what you mean. When I saw Spiderman, and the trailer for the new Superman, the audience just laughed at their costumes until they all walked out. And when I saw Batman in that batsuit, I just rolled my eyes and walked out too.

That's ridiculous. There are tons of successful comic book movies in which the characters wore a slight variation of their comic suits. And nobody said it had to be "bright yellow spandex." Read earlier posts and you can become educated on other ideas.

I'm happy enough with reality without having to make my movies trick me into thinking what I'm watching is in real life. I'm fairly certain audiences are fine with comic book movies being infused with a bit of the aspects that make comic books enjoyable.

Following any line of logic you naysayers perpetrate, you would have to be against Captain America having a mask or a uniform with color in it for his movie. He should just be a jacked, shield-wielding soldier with regular fatigues and maybe a white star on his collar.

I personaly don't ever want to see the yellow blue Wolverine costume, because I've never liked that costume. I wouldn't mind seeing the yellow brown one though.

Herr made a good point a thread like this earlier, that yellow and brown could be Yuriko's family colors, and that the headmask resembles that of old japanese samuri warriors. So you could have a good explanation for the costume right there.

Superbeasto said:
He is not going to wear a uniform he is just going to run naked in the forest with the weapon x helmet of course, and a lot of wires hanging out, o yes and blood all over his body
He wasn't wearing a helmet in the X2 flashback, so I dont see why they would put one on him in this one, but then again since when did movies stay true to the preivous ones..?:p

Yeah I've never liked that blue, yellow, black thing either. Personally I never really understood why Wolverine ever wore a costume.

Granted that during the time he was created all the cats were doing it, doesn't mean it really fits his character though. He has nothing he needs to protect, he doesn't need a secret identity really. I just think it's silly to be honest.

I understand the want to see him that way because that's what he wears in the comic, but it's not really practical.

axex said:
I know what you mean. When I saw Spiderman, and the trailer for the new Superman, the audience just laughed at their costumes until they all walked out. And when I saw Batman in that batsuit, I just rolled my eyes and walked out too.

Last time I checked those characters weren't ex-military that used to kill people for a living. Spider-Man and Superman are your typical heroes who want to help the people and rescue babys out of burning buildings. Batman knew that as a normal person he couldn't do much, since a normal person can be destroyed. But as a Symbol he could make the difference.

What excuse does Wolverine have? Ex-military, Ex-CIA, part Samurai. All he wants is a cigar and a beer. And if anyone comes along to start a mess he'll be glad to rough them up a little.

A dark blue/gold or dark brown/orange outfit could work, if done right. The gov't could have issued him a special combat uniform specially designed for him and it could really look great. The mask, though, would most likely look ridiculous.

And BT, you know that Captain America comparison isn't fair. Cap was supposed to be a poster boy for America and an inspiration to the people, hence the outfit. Wolverine is a secret government operative who has no real reason to be dressed up in a flashy outfit. That's not to say that they couldn't adapt one of his classic costumes into military-style combat gear, but it's not fair to compare Wolverine to Superman or Spider-Man or Captain America.

Mrh7448 said:
I don't think he should wear a uniform, just his leather jacket, jeans, wife beater shirt and his cowboy hat.

As long as sabretooth doesnt wear a cowboy hat as well.

And as long as they don`t have the two of them with their faces looking in opposite directions overlapping on the film poster.

Hehehe Brokeback Mutant. lol I better be quiet and not give fox any stupid ideas.

Logan seems non-fussed about uniforms in general. In his X1 exchange with Cyclops, he seemed a bit put out that they were all traipsing out in matching leather outfits. So I doubt he would've been running around working for the govt in an outfit that is more reminiscent of his comics costume with more colors (not spandex, but even something more realistic and yet brighter/more comic-esque than the X-Men suits).

BT18 said:
Because the real Wolverine likes wearing a mask most of the time. I guess Captain America shouldn't have a mask in his movie either though right?

According to Wolverine, he doesn't like wearing a mask at all.

TheVileOne said:
According to Wolverine, he doesn't like wearing a mask at all.

what illogical writer had him say that?

Xavier dropped the dress code in the mid-60's. Wolverine has decided apon wearing a mask 90 percent of time he's wearing a uniform, including his primary and secondary 2 classic iconic uniforms. I guess Cyclops might hate wearing Blue though too. And Nightcrawler would much rather wear an overcoat with paint speckles all over it than a black and red suit.

To be honest, the X-Men always looked like giant spastics in their garish uniforms.

Flame on! said:
To be honest, the X-Men always looked like giant spastics in their garish uniforms.

yeah, comic book titles that are visual failures usually become the greatest selling of all time. It's just their succinct and easy to understand continuity that their appeal belongs to.

BT18 said:
what illogical writer had him say that?

Joss Whedon, Grant Morrison, Larry Hama, and Joe Casey.

Xavier dropped the dress code in the mid-60's. Wolverine has decided apon wearing a mask 90 percent of time he's wearing a uniform, including his primary andsecondary 2 classic iconic uniforms. I guess Cyclops might hate wearing Blue though too. And Nightcrawler would much rather wear an overcoat with paint speckles all over it than a black and red suit.

You need to get over your little mask fetish. The best Wolverine stories ever he hardly ever wears a mask at all. And if he does, he loses it very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"