Official Nirvana Thread.

Aluchak

Civilian
Reaction score
A thread for Nirvana. No, not the user, the band, lol.

2004_11_22_nirvana.jpg

"In Bloom" has been getting heavy play for me lately.

Ah, my favorite band of all time. It's about time they got their own thread.

These guys were a huge influence on me as a kid. I was in 4th grade when I first started listening to them, and by 6th grade I had every one of their cd's and spent every Friday night in the garage with my cousin jamming to "From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah" (it had been recently released) and "Nevermind." Posters & pictures of the group everywhere. Originally picked up the guitar because I wanted to learn all their songs. I idolized Kurt & the boys, to say the least. Fun times.

I don't listen to them as much anymore, but they are & always will be a huge part of me.

I love that my favourite song is one of their last. 'You know you're right' showed there were great things ahead. However, I like that they are remembered so fondly, they deserve it. It is sometimes better to burn out than fade away like Pearl Jam have done. Now Chris Cornell is performing with Timbaland...WTF?! What a desparate plea to stay relevant. RIP Grunge

Now Chris Cornell is performing with Timbaland...WTF?! What a desparate plea to stay relevant. RIP Grunge

Ugh. Tell me about it. That new album is beyond terrible.

I brought their "Nevermind" album back when I was in college ten years ago, and I still listen to it from time to time. I don't like all of their songs, but to me they were an excellent grunge rock band and they have many songs that have become classics. I'm glad Dave Grohl has went on to form Foo Fighters, and continued the legacy of Nirvana.

I like them, but they're incredibly over-rated. People talk about them like they were the next Beatles or something, when in reality they were just the band that the studios chose to be the face of the Grunge "movement." Even Kurt knew it. Also, he wasn't a very good guitar player. I can't blame him for doing the classicly punk thing and just playing really fast to try and cover up the fact that he couldn't play for crap though.

They probably are over-hyped, but I wouldn't use "overrated" They were good & what they did and were among the first (if not THE first) to do it. The fact that Kurt died when the band was as popular as they were adds to their legacy, as is the case with numerous other artists (your Hendrixes, Morrisons, etc.) who have died at the height of their popularity.

With one Album they single handly kill every make-up smearing, fishnet wearing, over indulging, hair band of the 80s.

Thank God.

I miss Nirvana.

Last edited:
One of my favorate bands of all time.

It just sucks that half there songs i hate now because they get played over and over and over again on the radio.

Does anybody else hate their songs after hearing them on the radio, or is it just me? Its like, all i can listen to now is Bleach, and Milk It off In Utero. Almost every other song is ruined.

It just sucks that half there songs i hate now because they get played over and over and over again on the radio.

Does anybody else hate their songs after hearing them on the radio, or is it just me? Its like, all i can listen to now is Bleach, and Milk It off In Utero. Almost every other song is ruined.

I still like to listen to their songs on the radio, but I cringe everytime I heard the songs "Heart Shaped Box" and "Rape Me" on the radio. Maybe because I never really like either of these songs.

Does anybody else hate their songs after hearing them on the radio, or is it just me?

I wouldn't say I "hate" a song because of constant radio play, but I never listen to "In Bloom", "Rape Me", or "About A Girl" anymore because local radio has run them, and a few others, into the ground.

I love that my favourite song is one of their last. 'You know you're right' showed there were great things ahead. However, I like that they are remembered so fondly, they deserve it. It is sometimes better to burn out than fade away like Pearl Jam have done. Now Chris Cornell is performing with Timbaland...WTF?! What a desparate plea to stay relevant. RIP Grunge

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayR...STORY=/www/story/03-18-2009/0004991002&EDATE=

This was dated TODAY.

With the #1 success of "Brother," Pearl Jam joins the Beatles ("Free As A Bird") and Elvis Presley ("A Little Less Conversation") as one of the select few bands or artists to ever hit #1 with a track recorded decades prior.

Don't you feel silly now?

I like them, but they're incredibly over-rated. People talk about them like they were the next Beatles or something, when in reality they were just the band that the studios chose to be the face of the Grunge "movement." Even Kurt knew it. Also, he wasn't a very good guitar player. I can't blame him for doing the classicly punk thing and just playing really fast to try and cover up the fact that he couldn't play for crap though.
Chuck Berry disagrees.

Nirvana is an amazing band. Love SMells Like Teen Spirit, Rape me, Come as you are, You Know your right, Marijuana (has another title, but it's not appropriate) and a bunch more.

So, what Nirvana songs do you guys like?

Nirvana is an amazing band. Love SMells Like Teen Spirit, Rape me, Come as you are, You Know your right, Marijuana (has another title, but it's not appropriate) and a bunch more.

My top 10 would go something like this: (in no specific order after #1)

1. The Man Who Sold the World
2. Sappy
3. Pennyroyal Tea
4. Drain You
5. Aneurysm
6. Lithium
7. Lounge Act
8. Serve the Servants
9. About A Girl (Unplugged)
10. Come As You Are

aneurysm
drain you
come as you are
heart shaped box

ah, 90's rock. seriously, are there any bands today that even come close to being icons the way latter 20th century musicians were? in the 21st century rock has taken a back seat to hip-hop and r&b. i keep waiting for the next nirvana to burst on to the scene and shake things up...but it hasn't happened...

I hear ya, man. But with today's crap, those chances are slim and none.

Nirvana all the way.
Rock music is dying man.. The only decent rock band I can name that started after 2000 is Arctic Monkeys..

We need a band like Nirvana to come back and shake it all up.

Nirvana all the way.
Rock music is dying man.. The only decent rock band I can name that started after 2000 is Arctic Monkeys..

We need a band like Nirvana to come back and shake it all up.
Arcade Fire?
Calexico?
The Black Keys?
Eagles of Death Metal?
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah?
TV On The Radio?
LCD Soundsystem?
Rilo Kiley?
My Morning Jacket?

There are others, but you get my point. They all started after 2000, and they're all infinitely superior to the ****ing Arctic Monkeys.

I love Arcade Fire, but I would hardly call them rock.

I believe Calexico started in the 90s.
I'll give some of those other bands a listen, but untill then I'll stick by my statement.

(Sorry, forgot about Animal Collective, i'll add them to my list)

Last edited:
so glad i found a nirvana thread !!

love this band so damn much.

[YT]SK7Ai9dWrRQ[/YT]

[YT]bOL5cpwTkes&NR=1[/YT]

[YT]pdXy75VrQho[/YT]

[YT]4Xu-gp0XMmk[/YT]

[YT]3vwwFiaSXHk&feature=related&pos=4[/YT]

[YT]JpMt_YqVbhw[/YT]

[YT]Hz-2kswLaKQ[/YT]

[YT]rg-yYi8saZY[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread