Official UFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, Meathead deserves a ton of credit. His fight with Junk on TUF is one of the worst I've ever seen, and I thought he was a terrible fighter with no hope. He's certainly proved me wrong in his 4 fights in the UFC. He's really learned how to move well on his feet, and as shown in the Beltran fight he displayed some good cardio for a heavyweight that he been clinching on the fence for much of the fight. I want to see him fight a more experience guy like Rothwell to see how far he's really come.

Next UFC card is stacked, can't wait for it. The 3 big ones are:

Jones/Bader, Bader's a big guy in comparison to Jones.. but Jones is unusual & was my fighter of the year last year. This is a big test for both fighters, a win for either will put either within touching distance of a title shot.

Silva/Belfort will be class, I can't see this going the distance. Someone is gonna get KO/TKO/submitted. Belfort has kinda rejuvenated himself & is looking more dangerous than ever.. however Silva is without question the best striker he has ever faced & the same could be said about Belfort in regard to Silva. I'm inclined to think that not only because Silva's striking is so good, but because Belfort hasn't had a fight in over a year ring rust could play a part in his performance... that being said he has great hands & power in those hands & is more than capable of KO'ing anyone in the division.

Then theres Forest Griffin vs Rich Franklin, both are kinda in odd positions. Both are one a 1 fight win streak, but both fighters have beat 2 fighters that were well past their best.. its an odd fight in regards to what it means at LHW, but it should be a good one.

I think this is gonna be a good event.

I couldn't find the Ultimate fighter thread, so I will make an official UFC thread for everything UFC and such.

Is anyone gonna watch Shamrock/Ortiz 3 tonight?

:cool:

Next UFC card is stacked, can't wait for it. The 3 big ones are:

Jones/Bader, Bader's a big guy in comparison to Jones.. but Jones is unusual & was my fighter of the year last year. This is a big test for both fighters, a win for either will put either within touching distance of a title shot.

Silva/Belfort will be class, I can't see this going the distance. Someone is gonna get KO/TKO/submitted. Belfort has kinda rejuvenated himself & is looking more dangerous than ever.. however Silva is without question the best striker he has ever faced & the same could be said about Belfort in regard to Silva. I'm inclined to think that not only because Silva's striking is so good, but because Belfort hasn't had a fight in over a year ring rust could play a part in his performance... that being said he has great hands & power in those hands & is more than capable of KO'ing anyone in the division.

Then theres Forest Griffin vs Rich Franklin, both are kinda in odd positions. Both are one a 1 fight win streak, but both fighters have beat 2 fighters that were well past their best.. its an odd fight in regards to what it means at LHW, but it should be a good one.

I think this is gonna be a good event.

Guh. Subscribed.

You know, it's funny. There's so much *****ing that Jackson's camp makes Guillard a "safe" fighter and took away all his excitement. Then he puts on a phenomenal performance, and there's ****ing crickets chirping the idiots are so quiet.

At least recognize you're wrong, you stupid-heads.

Note, I don't mean this toward anyone in this thread, but rather "fans" at large.

People who hate on Greg Jackson are just GSP and Rashad haters that need something extra to hate on. With some fans everything has to be hated on at some point in time. I remember people hating on Mark DelaGrotte's Tapout hat once because they hated one of his fighters. Considering that GSP and Rashad are two off MMA's most hated fighters then Jackson is going to get some hate. No matter if you point out the fact that freaking Shane Carwin, Carlos Condit, and Donald Cerrone are Jackson fighters, people will just ignore and hate on the guy. Hell if Rashad beats Shogun by flying dragon punch, people will still say that Greg Jackson is ruining fighters because GSP wouldn't finish Jake Shields inside of two rounds.

That's because you're so jealous of his Mike Tyson impersonation.

And his nipple tweaking.

You know, when I saw GSP doing the nipple tweaking too, I almost cried.

Looks like Mike Brown avoided the latest UFC cuts. He got lucky. If he loses again I think he would get cut.

I'm a big fan of Mike Brown but unfortunately he has not been the same since he lost to Aldo. It is almost like Aldo stole his fighting spirit.

I'm hearing that DREAM and K-1 are about to go under in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"