Official: United Football League

Big news today..UFL ceases operation of the Florida Tuskers after only two seasons. The Tuskers, were 0-2 in the UFL title game. Former Tuskers coach, Jay Gruden will coach the expansion team Virgina Destroyers...

http://www.ufl-football.com/news/gruden-excited-about-destroyers-potential

Well...I don't like it.

09 4 teams
10 5 teams
11 6 teams, now 5 teams.

This league keeps switching team names and crap.

Omaha has hired a coach who has not coached football since the Regan Presidency.

Mark Cuban sues the UFL for $5 Million.

Claims the ULF didn't repay his loan.

Mark Cuban sues the UFL for $5 Million.

Claims the ULF didn't repay his loan.

I blasted the idiot known as Cuban on UFL's comments section, and will glady do it here as well.

Dude...it's a upstart football league. You knew going in the chances were slim at best getting your money back anytime soon. It's called a investment...you invest in something, a football league, hoping you get your money back and then some. Most of America doesn't even know about the league still.

How the hell does this guy run his own network and NBA team I don't understand...

Big News about UFL.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/story?columnist=garber_greg&id=6182314

Key Facts:

1. The first season of the UFL lost $32 million, second season close to $50 million.
  2. UFL paid production costs to air games on Versus and HDNet
  3. One of the major networks may risk upsetting the NFL by airing UFL games.
  4. Las Vegas Locos players reportedly haven't received 20,000 bonus for winning Title Game.

UFL is working on a new TV deal, but they won't say which tv network it is, or if it's a cable network.

Signs could point towards ESPN, as ESPN has started covering them as of late.

UFL has announced another new head coach this week! Virgina Destroyers new coach is former NFL coach Marty Scottenheimer...or however u spell it. Coached SD from 02-07 I believe.

Still no update on new tv deal...

Also like four locked out NFL players have switched over.

If it's ESPN, NBC, FOX, CBS, ABC, TNT, TBS then yeah. League also wants games in 3D (F 3D)

UFL has announced another new head coach this week! Virgina Destroyers new coach is former NFL coach Marty Scottenheimer...or however u spell it. Coached SD from 02-07 I believe.

Still no update on new tv deal...

He also coached Cleavland in the 80's and Kansas City in the 90's. He has one the best winning percentages in NFL history.

Why is he working for this low rent league?

He also coached Cleavland in the 80's and Kansas City in the 90's. He has one the best winning percentages in NFL history.

Why is he working for this low rent league?

Well, the man wants to coach for one.

And oh yeah...looks like ESPN just pulled the trigger on airing UFL games. Or someone has that can broadcast games in 3D.

http://uflaccess.com/ufl’s-television-deal-coming-soon…-in-3d/

The possibility of a 3D broadcast does narrow the possibilities down a bit. Unless there’s going to be a new development in the coming months; networks like Spike TV, USA Network and FX aren’t 3D capable.
But who is?
The big one of course, is ESPN.
It’s worth noting, that in comparison to last season, ESPN has been giving the UFL more attention as far as their television coverage and website coverage. Almost every positive move that the UFL has made this offseason has been at least mentioned by the big Connecticut-based company.

IMHO, whoever has pulled the trigger...cause it does seem like a network has picked up UFL...whoever has...is keeping mum and seeing how the NFL lockout plays out. Should be announced later this month or sometime in June on tv deal since season begins in August.

Big news...

http://www.ufl-football.com/news/commissioner-huyghue-discusses-2011-ufl-season-delay

UFL moves it;s 3rd season start date from August 13th to mid Sept. Now over 100million loss in 2 seasons.

UFL Commissinoner Huyghue probably would meet with NFL Friday if a deal was reached Thurs to end lockout.

My thoughts...

UFL is ready to raise the white flag and wants NFL to buy interest in them and basically make then the NFL Delvepoment league. My question, would this result in a name change if it happened?

The NFL should take a quick hard & see what they could be losing like these guys. But the NFL has their own problems right now

Yeah, things are looking good.
I was hoping to go to a Nighthawks game on my way down to KC to see the Vikes game there.

There's gonna be a season...UFL has money for this year. They need tv contracts or NFL..I am losing hope for a 4th season...

I blasted the idiot known as Cuban on UFL's comments section, and will glady do it here as well.

Dude...it's a upstart football league. You knew going in the chances were slim at best getting your money back anytime soon. It's called a investment...you invest in something, a football league, hoping you get your money back and then some. Most of America doesn't even know about the league still.

How the hell does this guy run his own network and NBA team I don't understand...

there is a BIG difference between an investment and a loan....Cuban loaned them the money, and you pay a loan back in an agreed amount of time

Cuban is a fantastic and shrewd businessman and knows where to put his money....THAT is how he runs his own network and an NBA team....which just won a championship

that investment paid off

Well, no Versus this year, just HDNet and regional sports networks. And Hartford suspended play for this season, back to 4 teams...Spet 15th and 17th first games of season.

http://www.ufl-football.com/news/om...-2011-united-football-league-season-september

Last season unless if NFL buys them out...this is just bad. I know attendance has picked up (Las Vegas lost attendance), but people said Hartford picked up from it';s first season. Whatever, no real TV money means life-support. NFL has the market cornered when it shouldn't.

what do you mean 'when it shouldn't?'

why are networks going to pick up a league that no one is watching? this is an issue the NFL has nothing to do with.....networks compete to air NFL games because people TUNE IN to watch NFL games and show up to the stadiums

I went to a game last year at Rentschler Field and they were practically giving tickets away

:woot: I get to see a UFL Game for freeee.

http://www.veetle.com/ufl

Veetle has teamed up to show all the Sacramento home games this year, all 3 of them for free. Online HD stream, iPhone, iPad, Android, iPod Touch. :woot:

Game is 10:30 PM EST tonight.

The first UFL game of year had no stream or tv. Only Omaha ESPN Radio, which had a free stream online for fans.

Virgina beat Omaha in Omaha. 23-13. 15,836 fans attended. Tonight's game in Sacramento is on line for a sell out crowd. TD Ameritrade Park Omaha seats 24,000.

http://www.ufl-football.com/news/destroyers-earn-historic-first-win-history-ufl-debut

Plan on answering my question or just gonna ignore it?

Trying to ignore it honestly, because you speak the truth. I do wonder if the teams "paper" in attendance. I doubt they do in Omaha, that seems to be the best market for UFL. Had over 20,000 a game last season. There are plans for a 4th season, but I hope the league asks NFL for help. Expand NFL rosters to 70 instead of 53. But have the extra 17 down in the UFL. Like a minor league system. It can work. NFL has the money. The AFL is basically a minor league to NFL with it being on NFL Network. Or have UFL merge with CFL. League should not fold. It can work. It has great social network, twitter and Facebook. YouTube is lackluster. Granted today on ufl-football it has YouTube release saying full games on there...I didn't see any though. Maybe that's starting next week.

At least Las Vegas airs games this year on Cox Cable CBS, Sacramento has Comcast airing games, with their home games streaming on Veetle.

Fans are pissed more than ever with no Versus this year. And I think HDNet is gone. But yes, I won't be shocked if league folds soon. But I'm gonna try and see as much UFL games this year. Paid attendance is key this year. But hey, it's done better than the XFL for what's it's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"