Official "We Need 'The Avengers' Forum" Thread

Aztec

Sidekick
Reaction score
There has been a lot of talk in a few different threads on the need for a forum to discuss the upcoming Marvel Studios/Avengers projects; so I decided to center the talk in one thread. I think we can all agree that the discussions of these films has FAR outgrown the puny "General Movies"/"Marvel Movies" forum.

Here's what I just sent to mod "Showtime" on the subject. Feel free to ask other mods for this as well:

"It's being discussed on the tiny "General Movies"/"Marvel Movies" forum that there needs to be a separate forum for the upcoming Avengers series of films (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, The First Avenger: Captain America, and The Avengers). It will be very efficient for members and mods alike.

Here's the pitch: There should be an Avengers forum with sub-forums for all of the movies (IM, TIH, IM2, THOR, TFA:CA, TA). It sort of keeps things neat, without the addition of new sections dedicated solely to characters who are unlikely to get solo sequels (Cap, Thor) and it also limits the amount of clicking for fans of the series as a whole.

What do you think? "

Until we know the movie will be out you won't get a forum. Been times certain movies never made it through from the drawing board

Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk have already been made. Iron Man 2 and Thor are in full fledged pre-production and will be released next year. Captain America already has a director attached.

That sounds pretty convincing to me. Not to mention it would probably be the most popular forum on the board.

Until we know the movie will be out you won't get a forum. Been times certain movies never made it through from the drawing board

<This guy comes to mind. How many times did Spider-Man not make it out of the gate? Don't get me started on teh lesser-known properties, like the ill-fated Tia Carrere/"Shi" project.

I agree. Bring on the "Avengers" Forum! And also the "Green Lantern" Forum for that matter.

Yeah that's why Justice League gets its own forum for like a year...

I think an Avengers forum is a better idea than having seperate forums for each hero. I dont think the Iron Man and Hulk forums get a lot of traffic and I dont think that Cap and Thor would either. They arnt like Batman and the X-Men that have multiple movies, cartoons, and comic titles to discuss, but they could be if you group them together.

I don't mean to step on anyone's toes when I say this, but speaking as an Admin myself on a message board about foreign (Portuguese, to be more precise) TV shows, I do believe it is time to create a sub-forum for the Avengers movie and related films such as Thor and Captain America. The discussion is bound to clutter up the Marvel Movies sub-forum as soon as casting announcements are made. Just my two cents.

Yes, this is a great idea. I love this idea, but I think it should not happen until we have more concrete news like some idea as to who Thor is being played by for example.

But who is playing Thor doesn't change the fact that the Marvel Movie forum is basically the Thor/Cap/Avengers forum at the moment. Since these are the three films (beside Wolverine & IM2) that we know are happening, they dominate the discussion and threads on any other characters seem to get lost in the shuffle.

It's not like the DC Movie forum, where there seems to be a nice balance of threads since no movies in particular are certain (though there are a few more threads for GL than the others since his movie seems ready to go)

Justice League had a forum.

I read that there is going to be a Hercules movie. Does anyone know if this is true or has any connection to avengers, although I can't see how it would work. :huh:

If the criteria for a forum is that it must be "known that the movie will be out" then how do you justify having forums for?
1) "Untitled Superman Sequel"- Nothing but directionless talk on this film
2) "X-Men Origins: Magneto"- It's on indefinite hold

By comparison, let's look at the following films that I'm requesting a unified "Avengers" forum for:
1) Iron Man 2- Director in place, script is getting final touches, pre-production is in full swing, and casting has begun for new roles, release date confirmed for next year, shooting date set
2) Thor- Director in place, script is getting final touches, pre-production is in full swing, release date confirmed for next year, shooting date set
3) The First Avenger: Captain America- Director is in place, script is getting final touches, release date confirmed
4) The Avengers- Script being worked on, Executive producers in place, much of casting is in place or about to occur, release date confirmed

How are those 4 movies not "known to be coming out" to warrant their own forums? If you add in Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk you have a VERY vibrant and active forum for at least the next 3 years!

Forum Title: "The Avengers"
Sub-Forums: "Iron Man"
S-F: "Iron Man 2"
S-F: "Iron Man Sequels"
S-F: "The Incredible Hulk"
S-F: "Thor"
S-F: "The First Avenger: Captain America"
S-F: "The Avengers"
S-F: "Avengers Sequels" (For any of the above films)
S-F: "Avengers Comics" (For any of the above characters or the group)
S-F: "Avengers Media"

Tell me that's not a completely logical and efficient forum set up? It's the exact same set up that is presently used on the X-Men forum on this site.

Last edited:
Iron Man and Hulk still need their own forums... you can close Hulk down in like a year if there is still no movement on the sequel or if Norton does not sign onto the Avengers movie. If they end up recasting Banner yet again... the Hulk franchise is pretty much dead. I say make "The Avengers"/TFA: CA/Thor/Avengers sequels the sub-forums... add Cap/Thor sequels sub-forums once we get more news/confirmation that they plan to continue with those solo franchises beyond the Avengers movie.

Last edited:
Iron Man and Hulk still need their own forums... you can close Hulk down in like a year if there is still no movement on the sequel or if Norton does not sign onto the Avengers movie. If they end up recasting Banner yet again... the Hulk franchise is pretty much dead. I say make "The Avengers"/TFA: CA/Thor/Avengers sequels the sub-forums... add Cap/Thor sequels sub-forums once we get more news/confirmation that they plan to continue with those solo franchises beyond the Avengers movie.
Why? They get practically no traffic beyond the sub-forums for the three movies (IM, TIH, IM2) and they are going to be featured in every piece of Avengers media we get for the next couple of years, so they fit right in.

IM2 will be FILLED to the brim after the summer passes... Hulk will go the way of the FF forum although we are still months away from that. IM is a major franchise by itself. They plan on going through with a trilogy. That alone merits its own forum.

I know IM2 will be filled, but that's just the movie sub-forum. There isn't enough other discussion beyond the movie for IM to require a whole forum. Look at things like the Iron Man comic & world forums - they're basically empty. And Fox has plans for a whole Wolverine series, yet Wolverine remains a part of the X-Men forum since the movie takes place in the blanket X-Men filmverse (much like IM/IM2 take place in the blanket Avengers filmverse)

That's beside the point... you need Non Spoiler sections too... look at X-Men. Wolverine is filling up but the other sub-forums are basically dead. Why even bother with a Magneto forum? Iron Man is no different than a Spiderman forum. I think with smaller characters like Cap and Thor... you could relegate them to sub-forums. Either that or you just get rid of Hulk entirely and then make 3 sub-forums... but IM already has a movie out and sequels forthcoming. I think it would take too much space... that is all.

That's because none of those other movies in X-Men are current. The X-Men comics forum is very full, because there are a range of books and characters to discuss - just like an Avengers comics forum would be, and exaclty opposite an Iron Man Comics forum. And Iron Man is very different than the Spider-Man forum. Spider-Man always has new animated series and several titles and several new video games/products to discuss.

Even with non-spoiler sections, it would work:

Iron Man 2 (Spoilers)
Iron Man 2 (Non Spoilers)
Thor (Spoilers)
Thor (Non Spoilers)
The First Avenger: Captain America [Could be separated into Spoiler/Non-Spoiler sections as the movie gets closer]
The Avengers [Same as the Cap movie]
Future Avengers Films [IM3, Ant-Man, TIH2, etc]
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man
Past Avengers Films [AngHulk, 90s/80s Cap, etc]
Avengers Comics
Avengers World

That's too much IMO... I just think the best way to do it is wait it out... Thor/Cap forums would be a waste we agree... but Hulk/IM are or potentially are active franchises. I would just wait until Hulk gets shut down completely... because I really don't view Hulk as an Avenger. Then you need an Iron Man sequels forum as well... I guess it's doable. I think you first close Hulk down completely and get some casting news with Thor before you do it.

I don't think it's too much. All of those forums will exist whether they are part of Avengers or are part of forums for the individual characters, but it's a waste to have puny Hulk Comics/World & IM Comics/World forums rather than have them as a part of the Avengers.

And I don't view Hulk as an Avenger primarily either - but his current cinematic incarnation is a major part of the series. I wouldn't view Deadpool as an X-Men character, but that's the universe the character's spin-off, if it were to happen, would take place in.

Yea we need an avengers forum :up: it will help unclutter the main forum page

I don't see why we have to carry 80's Toy Movies forums.

Transformers? GI Joe?

What's next? He-Man? Thundercats? Care Bears?

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"