robin20williamslg9.jpg

Woody Allen as Donald Rumsfeld

woodyallen460id9.jpg

The Olsen twins as the Bush twins

olsentwins1024x76816509ui0.jpg

Rihanna as Condoleezza Rice

rihannapreviewqa3.jpg

I wouldn't mind to see Rihanna as Rice :D

P.S. Don't know what to think about this project, but I am really getting sick of all these war/political/bio dramas made by Stone. I mean he's not bad as a director and I even love some of his films, but isn't there any another genre he could make?

wtf? Brolin as Bush?

for one, Brolin's actually a pretty cool guy, and two.....he's wayyyyy too handsome to portray Bush. you'd need someone like Billy Bob Thorton or William H. Macy.

He should go the Alexander route with it. Have Colin Farrel play Bush, not drop his accent, and be totally historically innacurate. Angelina Jolie can play Barbra Bush :o

And then after it sucks and everyone hates it, release a directors cut that's actually shorter. Then, when THAT sucks and everyone hates it too, release yet another cut of it that still sucks and everyone will hate.

Yeah that's pretty much what happened with Alexander. He's probably still sore his 9/11 movie didn't get the Academy nod.

...yep, another pointless Oliver Stone movie made just "because". Right up there with "World Trade Center".

This looks like it'll be very much a "love it or hate it" type movie. It's either going to be good or a complete and utter cluster-f**k.

Either way, it should be entertaining. :up:

Very, very interesting. I just can't see a movie like this being succesful, how would they market it? I doubt any general masses are interested in Bush's life story, and the only way I see this being successful is if it was geared towards an anti-Bush setiment. Even then, I don't know.

wtf? Brolin as Bush?

for one, Brolin's actually a pretty cool guy, and two.....he's wayyyyy too handsome to portray Bush. you'd need someone like Billy Bob Thorton or William H. Macy.

or.....Will Ferrell

4) Keeping number 3 in mind...will this start a new trend of useless president bio-pics? Whats next? A Franklin Pierce movie? Maybe a Warren G. Harding bio-pic?

Hey, say what you will about Bush and Harding, but Franklin Pierce singlehandedly stopped Skynet from taking over the world and crushing humanity under it's cold, metallic foot....wait wait...that was John Conner...nevermind :o

actually...Oliver Stone should get Steve Bridges to play Bush...

1.jpg

I'd rather see a Bill Clinton biopic. His Rise and Fall would be ten times more interesting for me to watch on the big screen.

I'd rather see a Bill Clinton biopic. His Rise and Fall would be ten times more interesting for me to watch on the big screen.

And 10 times more sexy!

I gotta admit, Stone has got to stop popping Shrooms like Bon-bons. I think he's tripped so much he on permanent tweak.

I am amazed at some of the responses.

There is an interesting story here. As Stone said: its the story of an alcoholic bum becoming a born again Christian and emerging the most powerful man in the world.

I am sure it will also play Bush having to stop from his father shadows and overall could make for a pretty interesting film. I am queasy though about Stone directing it. I would prefer a Bush Bio-Pic to be done by a more...objective director, though I have heard that he was fairly respectful with Nixon which gives me hope.

How is Timothy Bottoms not playing Bush?

ThatsMyBush.JPG
I got that show on DVD. I loved it how Parker and Stone put Bush into cliched sitcom scenarios.

But yeah, Bottom should be Bush dammit :cmad:

I am amazed at some of the responses.

There is an interesting story here. As Stone said: its the story of an alcoholic bum becoming a born again Christian and emerging the most powerful man in the world.

I am sure it will also play Bush having to stop from his father shadows and overall could make for a pretty interesting film. I am queasy though about Stone directing it. I would prefer a Bush Bio-Pic to be done by a more...objective director, though I have heard that he was fairly respectful with Nixon which gives me hope.

I have to agree with both sides here. This is either going to be very interesting as you said, or it's really going to suck hardcore.

This is random, but I guess I'd see it if it got good reviews. :o

I like Stone...So, I'll probably like this movie....and it has Josh Brolin!

-TNC

Another political propaganda flick-how about a Clinton expose?

Although I agree that Stone's last few films have been pretty weak, this is interesting to me (and I fkn HATE Bush)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"