• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

One thing about Sylar/Peter

db85usa

HeHe!
Reaction score
I apologize if this has already been posted... but both of these guys are somewhat the same... I also remember in an earlier episode The Invisible Man called Peter "One of those.." and Peter said, there is someone like me? So obviously, Sylar had to have been taught by the same man or maybe not i dont know.. maybe he couldnt kill the invisible man and take his power because he would just dissapear?? He tried teaching Peter to CUT people out of his life but no, he is opposite and has to remember how they made an impact on his life... Sylar, however, has to cut people out of his life in order for him to obtain their power. A perfect example of a positive vs. negative... basically Peter has to remember people who have powers, where Sylar has to get rid of them to obtain their power(s). This is a lot like what happened in the finale of the Matrix series, Smith (negative) vs. Neo (positive)... both had the same powers somewhat but of course the superhero had an advantage that the villain did not, which in the end, made the superhero (neo) victorious. So, there is going to be a huge showdown between Peter and Sylar!! I knew the episode after Peter saved Claire and had that vision of Sylar saying to him "What do you know about power?!" I knew there, that Peter would be the one to stop him. There must be a big bad fight in the end as these two are the single most powerful characters of the show.

i like that idea but the thing is sylar knwos how people work so i think he just knows how to use there powers and like claude would def be dead if sylar learned from him. he would take advantage of him and then kill him when he had the chance even thos clause seems to be an evasive mo fo. but i just dont see that happening

I think it's very obvious that these two characters are the Yin and Yang of each other - as you say, the positive and negative. One fights for good and has a vast array of powers, the other fights for evil and also has a vast array of powers.

However, we already know what Peter's advantage is. Whilst both of them have acquired powers from other people, once Peter is in the vicinity of Sylar he will also absorb all of the powers Sylar has. This could be good for him - if he can utilise him - or it could be bad (e.g. if his super hearing kicked in and deafened him). Sylar on the other hand, will have to kill Peter first before he can take his powers. However Sylar has the benefit (like any villain) of not giving a damn about 'letting loose' and doesn't care about collateral damage. Although Peter will be more powerful, he will be hindered by protecting those around him from Sylar.

It's an interesting situation to watch as it unfolds. Sylar did seem to have more stability and control of his powers, but in recent weeks Peter seems to have gained much greater control over his too.

Gaz

ok, lil off topic
i was thinking (an I am sure this has been discussed somewhere already) but, if (in a "what if" hypothetical situation) Sylar did manage to kill peter (and do whatever he does to) take his power, would he just take his power, or would he be able to use all the powers that peters has taken?

I mean, peters power is the ability to absorb the powers of those around him or that he has came in contact with, so, would sylar basely have to start over, and only from then on be able to take powers of people he comes in contact with, or will he have all the powers that peter has absorb already

I apologize if this has already been posted... but both of these guys are somewhat the same... I also remember in an earlier episode The Invisible Man called Peter "One of those.." and Peter said, there is someone like me? So obviously, Sylar had to have been taught by the same man or maybe not i dont know.. maybe he couldnt kill the invisible man and take his power because he would just dissapear??
wha?????

In the first episodes of Heroes, there were numerous murders that Sylar committed and we never go to learn about those people. Did he steal powers from them too and just hasn't manifested them yet? Also, what about that little girl that he was trying to kidnap in the first few episodes? What happened to her?

well her powers are going to be revealed sometime these coming episodes

In the first episodes of Heroes, there were numerous murders that Sylar committed and we never go to learn about those people. Did he steal powers from them too and just hasn't manifested them yet?
yes. for example, he acquired some type of freezing power. we saw the effect of it on Molly's father. when he faced off against Peter last night, he was starting to use it. that's when Peter countered with fire.

Also, what about that little girl that he was trying to kidnap in the first few episodes? What happened to her?
that's Molly. she was mentioned along with DL and Candace last night by FutureHiro. since we saw "Nathan" phase, we can assume that Molly is dead in last night's future.

So Molly has the same power as DL?

So Molly has the same power as DL?
No. We saw Sylar use the powers of both DL and Candice when he shape-shifted and phased through the wall. Since Future Hiro needed DL, Candice, and Molly to break into the Homeland Security office, and we saw Sylar use DL and Candice's powers, we can assume that Molly is dead as well and Sylar took her power too.

What that power is, we don't know.

peters a nurse...sylars a leech
ying/yang

what would have been interesting is if their powers were reversed from the get go

actually when Molly was mentioned she was mentioned when hiro was listing people he had helped save....

Hiro didn't save them. well, he thought he did. he brought them to Bennett. Parkman allows Bennet to save people with insignificant, or non-desirable abilities. obviously, DL and Candace had desirable abilities. it's safe to assume Molly did as well. we already know that she's desirable to Sylar since he's twice tried to get her in real time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"