Passchendaele

WeaponZed3

Civilian
Reaction score
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6WYHagWdeE&feature=related[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct1d2xXk7Xc[/YT]

Wiki Synopsis

"Sergeant Dunne, sees action with the 10th Battalion and is wounded and sent to Calgary on light duties as a recruiter's assistant. While there, he becomes involved with a nurse of half-German origin. Her brother is sent to France by an unscrupulous recruiter, and Sergeant Dunne rejoins the 10th Battalion in the field in time for the Third Battle of Ypres (Passchendaele) where he pledges to look out for the nurse's young brother who is also in the war."

This film I believe will do a lot for the Canadian film industry, with its budget and marketing. I honestly can't remember so much buzz going around for a Canadian film... ever. Its possible this could beat "Bon Cop, Bad Cop" and "Porky's" as the most successful Canadian film ever made.
Only question is will anyone outside of Canada even want to see it?

Is it even being advertised outside of Canada?... Anyway I saw it and its amazing. Like a docudrama wrapped around a melodramatic love story. I've heard conflicting complaints. Some people say its a great love story and a bad war movie and others say its a great war movie with a bad love story. But all around the reviews I've read all seem to be positive.

It's probably one of Canada's biggest movies ever produced.

I'll try to make the time to see it, because it's been rated highly.

just saw it and i thought it was awesome. If your expecting just a war movie you'll probably be dissappointed. that said the final battle was insane, and Paul Gross was a beast. best part was when he's holding his rifle in one hand and a knife in the other and is like "lets do this" or something, and goes ape during the melee

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"