Peaky Blinders - 1920's BBC Gangster Series Starring Cillian Murphy

Guess Sansa "I married my rapist because reasons and let most of the army get killed because epic entrance" Stark offs Littlefinger soon then

DGzarUjXgAAdXDo.jpg

Hot damn what a opener for season four

Rich mobster problems. When your chef turns out to be working for the rival Italian mob.

Looks like one or both Cole brothers may be exiting the show. I always thought Arthur would of been the Selby brother they killed off if they were going to kill one of the brothers.

Strong opening to season 4. :up: I had totally forgotten about Tommy betraying his family at the end of season 3. But now [blackout]they'll have to reunite in Birmingham in order to survive the Italians.[/blackout]

I'm excited for Brody's character. He's sinister.

I hope [blackout]that Michael is still alive. His character has a lot of potential. I've always felt like he was going to screw over the family at some important juncture someday.[/blackout]

I want Ada's funeral coat. I want it.

Aiden Gillen is doing his Baelish accent with Aberama Gold and I find it hilarious.

I'm curious to see where the boxing subplot is going.

The return of [blackout]May![/blackout]

Adrien Brody was channeling some old timey gangster movies in his scene. I'm not sure it fits into the general vibe of PB but it's interesting.

Next season Solomon's dog Cyril will seek revenge on the Shelby family :cwink:

Arthur pulled a Gandalf the White

Linda went full bad girl this season. Bonking in the office, snorting Colombian marching powder and cursing like a sailor. So long bible loving Quaker.

Arthur's return from the dead shocked me. I thought his would be the big season finale death, but clearly that was being saved for Alfie.

Linda's transformation was the only part of the season that really rang false. I just didn't see how a good Quaker girl could so easily turn into what she became.

Peaky Blinders is going to end after seven seasons said the shows creator Steve Knight.

They are currently filming season 5 but Knight knows how the show is going to end.

Info on Season 5

The new season of Steven Knight’s crime family saga finds the world thrown into turmoil by the financial crash of 1929.
Opportunity and misfortune are everywhere. When Tommy Shelby MP is approached by a charismatic politician with a bold vision for Britain, he realises that his response will affect not just his family’s future but that of the entire nation.

Creator, Steven Knight said: “The story of the Peaky Blinders and of the Shelby family gets woven into the political fabric of Britain and Europe as the 1920’s end and the thirties begin.

I just love the idea of the PBs dealing with the Great Depression. So much potential there for criminality, political corruption, and even revolution. Pity Alfie won't be back for it.

Anya Taylor Joy (Split, The Witch, New Mutants) has joined the cast for season 5.

There are set pictures of Joy's character with Finn Cole's Micheal in Liverpool (which is doubling for roaring twenties New York city)

More season 5 casting additions

Sam Claflin, Brian Gleeson, Neil Maskell, Kate Dickie, Cosmo Jarvis, Emmett J. Scanlan, Elliot Cowan, Charlene McKenna, Andrew Koji and Daryl McCormack.

Damn season 5 is stacked with talent.

So, Season 5 has premiered its first 2 episodes here in the UK - no one discussing it?

Cillian Murphy is just... an exceptional actor. He is on top of his game once more in the new season.

Emmett J. Scanlan is a good actor. It is interesting seeing him as Lobo on Krypton and then seeing him on Peaky Blinders. The two characters he plays are so different and he is convincing in both roles.

Sam Claflin is good as sinister British fascist leader Oswald Mosely.

Cousin Micheal is becoming the Peaky Blinders version of Fredo (liability Corleone family member from The Godfather).

The Billy Boys entrance and Scarecrow message was creepy.

I've been really enjoying Arthur so far now that he is comfortable in his own skin.

Linda has gone full Lady Macbeth this season.

Is it out over here in the US? I usually have to catch the show on Netflix.

Is it out over here in the US? I usually have to catch the show on Netflix.

The US release date is October 4. But Im sure season 5 is available to stream online if you dont want to wait until October. There are also ways to access other countries' netflix, but I havent done it in years so I dont remember exactly how to do it.

It's funny that people were saying where is Karl and then Karl shows up and people were saying Karl is a ass**** :funny:

Is there any concrete reason for all this gossip about Tom Hardy coming back?

This season has been so strong. I don't know how they're going to end things next week. It feels like we're still midplot. Maybe
Moseley
will continue on as a threat for the final two seasons.

Alfie Solomon returning was the only really bad part of an otherwise great episode. The writers should've just let the man stay dead. The reveal of the "black cat" was also kinda lame, but just because I had no idea who the bartender was. Had he even spoken before this episode?

Other than that, everything was so well done. I had to laugh at the PBs' scheme to improve Wally's behavior and accuracy by giving him downers followed by cocaine. And while obviously Moseley wasn't gonna die I had no idea that the scene would end the way it did. I really thought Wally would accidentally shoot Tommy. Now that Moseley's still alive Tommy's gonna be dragged around with him like some kind of hostage, which is an amusing thought. I wonder who hates Tommy enough to wreck his life plans that way?

Losing Aberama was sad. And just when Polly had accepted his proposal, too. Oh well. At least he got one night with her.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"