Planetary

Though, to be fair, some of the bad ideas in that were leftovers from Bendis.

There is no 27. The series ended and there's going to be a one-shot epilogue.

...which is going to be entitled "Planetary #27", as far as I know :oldrazz: ;)

and yes, there is news, Ellis wrote today on badsignal that he had turned in the finished script

Is it? I thought it was going to be a separate one-shot.

I kinda thought the last few issues of Planetary were lacking; I guess one of my things with Ellis' work is I tend to find the building up of the threat better than the confrontation with it, in that rather than having his heroes rise up to the level he's established for his villains, he tends to reveal his villains as paper tigers that were never the threat they seemed to be.

It's one of certain areas where I'm willing to grant this as a peculiarity of my personal taste rather than any particular failure of the work itself.

That said, Planetary was mostly just a work of sheer beauty, and deserves any amount of credit for Ellis' conscious effort to have his characters step back from time to time and appreciate just how ****ing amazing their world actually is.

ahh sweet,hopefully cassaday is working on it and it'll come out soon.

btw why does'nt cassaday do exclusives?

he seems to being doing quite well on bimonthly titles like Astonishing X-men.

It's bi-monthly, but he puts it out tri-monthly.

From Mr. Ellis.

PLANETARY .27 Is Complete

Written, delivered, almost ten years to the day John Cassaday and I had our first conversation in San Diego about creating a new longform series, and the first page of script looks like this:

PAGE ONE

Pic 1
Three page-wide pics: The Planetary Building, NYC, in the afternoon sun, like a bright glass needle poked into the middle of Manhattan:

JAGGED (NO TAIL)
-- RUSH TRIALS OF THE SO-CALLED "ANTI-CANCER" TREATMENT
DEVELOPED BY THE PLANETARY ORGANISATION --

JAGGED (NO TAIL)
-- NEW YORK OFFICES OF THE PLANETARY ORGANISATION
TODAY DEMONSTRATED A CHEAP ELECTRICAL LEVITATION
SYSTEM WITH APPLICATIONS IN --

JAGGED (NO TAIL)
-- NEW ORLEANS, THE PLANETARY ORGANISATION'S "SUPER-
FABBER" FOR GENERATING INSTANT TEMPORARY SHELTERS --

Pic 2
INT. CORRIDOR: people rushing both ways down the corridor, carrying files, stacks of paper, tablet computers, busy busy busy...

JAGGED (NO TAIL)
-- LEGAL CHALLENGES TO THE PLANETARY ORGANISATION'S
“LIFE STATIONS," COMMUNITY DEVICES THAT PROVIDE WATER,
BASIC PROTEIN, HEATING AND LIGHT FOR FREE --

JAGGED (NO TAIL)
-- TOWARDS THE END OF ITS NINE-MONTH VOYAGE
TO MARS, CARRYING, MOST FAMOUSLY, THE PLANETARY SOCIETY'S
"QUNET" DEVICE FOR INSTANT COMMUNICATION ACROSS DEEP SPACE --

JAGGED (NO TAIL)
-- PLANETARY SOCIETY'S "HYPER-COLLIMATION" SHEETS,
CARBON FABRICS THAT BECOME BOMBPROOF SHIELDS --

Pic 3
INT: BIG LECTURE HALL: where the DRUMMER addresses a room full of techies all holding tablet computers -- behind him, a wall-size flat-panel display of computer file folders, arranged almost like the petals of a chrysanthemum:

DRUMMER
-- INTO FILES TEN THOUSAND TO TEN NINE HUNDRED
NINETY NINE. THAT'S THE TWENTY PERCENT MARK.

DRUMMER
ONE YEAR, TWENTY PERCENT OF THE RANDALL
DOWLING DATABASE EXPLORED.

DRUMMER
ELIJAH'S GOING INSANE OVER THIS. I'M KEEPING YOU
COVERED, BUT, SERIOUSLY, DEPARTMENT HEADS, YOU
NEED TO CONSIDER HIRING MORE BODIES --

Or quad-monthly.

yeah i can already tell planetary won't be coming out till december or so. sighs. sucks tho.

Be patient, grasshopper. It's not like anyone's accustomed to getting Planetary regularly anyway. This is just more of the way it's always been.

Exactly. It's because of Planetary that I don't care about books being late anymore.

As long as it delivers, I'm okay with it. If it sucks, or is mediocre, then I'm gonna be pissed.

Another year and a half wait for the 4th volume of the trade for sure. :(

Probably a bad idea to buy the epilogue not having read #19-26.

I actually picked up and caught up to Planetary all at once. I went through issues 1-26 in a few days. That was back in November.

Whatever happened to the subplot with Elijah trying to bring Ambrose Chase back? The Drummer said Elijah was the "century baby of healing" or whatever, and then he said that he thought he was going to try to bring Ambrose back. I was really hoping we'd get some more on that. Ambrose was easily my favorite member of Planetary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"