Please... not the Tomatoes... - Attack of the Killer Tomatoes to be remade

Kanon

Crazy
Reaction score
Please God, let this be a joke/mistake/whatever...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3ib8b5060e33b9624ee31df3a62e584774
'Killer Tomatoes' ripe for redo

NEW YORK -- "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!" will be attacking theaters again.

Kent Nichols and Douglas Sarine, creators of the hit Web series "Ask a Ninja," are writing the adaptation of the 1978 cult monster movie, with Nichols set to make his directorial debut.

M. Dal Walton III, the force behind the remakes of "Day of the Dead" and "Terror Train," acquired the rights from Killer Tomato Entertainment and will produce. Emmett/Furla Films will co-produce.

" 'Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!' is the masterwork of a generation," Nichols said. "We can only aspire to recapture that magic." No changes to the original plot have been revealed, but it still is expected to revolve around killer tomatoes.

Nichols and Sarine's satirical "Ninja" shorts have garnered more than 80 million Web views and won best series at the 2006 YouTube Video Awards. Their "Ninja" commentator has appeared on National Public Radio and VH1's "Best Week Ever."

The original "Tomatoes" spawned the Fox Kids Network's "ATV" cartoon series and the feature sequel "Return of the Killer Tomatoes," which helped launch George Clooney's career.

Nichols and Sarine are repped by UTA and John Elliott of Mosaic Media Group.

Why?, Why? Is there nothing sacred anymore?

A sequel may be OK, but...

It doesn't really need remade..
But looking back on it, I don't think this is the kind of guys to do it:

Lol. Why in the fck would someone like to remake Attack of the Killer Tomatoes?

Wow....I haven't seen the original in years...this might be the silliest remake idea ever :woot:

I was thinking to myself the other night watching the cartoon on youtube, someone should remake this, or do a continuation, but in a satirical manner. I'd watch the bad place out of it.

[YT]36NgK-vJc1M[/YT]

You know what this movie needs? Some Greg Kinnear.

I was thinking to myself the other night watching the cartoon on youtube, someone should remake this, or do a continuation, but in a satirical manner. I'd watch the bad place out of it.

[YT]36NgK-vJc1M[/YT]
I loved that theme song.

YES
I will see this one!!

they are RIPE with vengeance!!

;P

I wonder if they're going to adapt the cartoon or the movie? The Cartoon was awesome, I think I'm going to watch it.

I can't decide which song I like better:

I loved the song of return "The theme song still remains the same, the plot itself has hardly change..." though I never got what's next there...

I never saw the movies but I loved the cartoon when I was younger, so, even as silly as it would be, a movie based on the cartoon would be cool imo

and the theme tune rocked too..

Rob Zombie should direct :D haha.

BTW they need to keep the theme song. Just adjust it a bit like "Return" did, but keep it like the cartoon style. No hard rock covers pleeeze.

I wonder if they're going to adapt the cartoon or the movie? The Cartoon was awesome, I think I'm going to watch it.

I can't decide which song I like better:

Is it me or did anyone else notice that vid from "Return" when the guys lookin at newspapers on the wall one is called The daily Bugle. Does this movie have any roots in Marvel or did Marvel just rip off the bugle as a generic newspaper name?

It was just their Generic paper name..

George Clooney for Uncle Wilber.

The guys from Ask A Ninja are writing it?

I'm there.

I'm surprised the wheels havent been set in motion alot sooner for this to be perfectly honest.

But oh well. I like the original, and I'm sure I'll see a remake if just out of morbid curiosity.

Can they get Clooney again?

Whenever a "Return of the Killer Tomatoes" reference is mentioned, theres only two people that instantly come to mind. George Clooney, and Teri Weigel. :woot:

I never saw the movies but I loved the cartoon when I was younger, so, even as silly as it would be, a movie based on the cartoon would be cool imo

and the theme tune rocked too..

The Theme Tune Was The Bomb Yo!

They call him Clooney. George.. Clooney:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/11706

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"