Please start pi$$ing & moaning. 'Cause I wanna d@mn SQUIRREL GIRL action figure!

Dan, I know some action figure customizers who could do a knock-out job on her, and maybe the rest of the team, if you'd like

but I don't think we'll be seeing anything liscensed unless you take over the non GL Avengers and have them be the starring line up for a few years

or we could start a petition to make them Heroclix. They'll make anybody a Heroclix. Although I was disappointed they didn't make an Awesome Andy varient for the Awesome Android.... :(

**Bows and Worships Dan** Oh mighty Slott-icus, we await your other commandments... (Yes I know I'm mixing biblical movies, shut up). and I beg of thee... a Mr. Immortal Action figure with changable chest plates. one shows a big ol' gun blast, another shows everal smallers bullet holes, another a large deadly gash, and another is on fire... Oh please your hilarious-ness, person... your loyal followers beg of you... and if I had the extra cash, I would SO buy that SG action figure.

Oh, and elijya, I also know about Mystique and Squirrel Girl... eerie that it was set in Central Park of all places...

HE WOULD ALSO NEED A CHEST PLATE WITH A GIANT PAIR OF SCISSORS THROUGH HIM.

You are brilliant Doom! he should have the Giant scissors chest plate, which also means he'll need the candy-can chest plate.

and what was wrong was that Elijya was demanding I stop worshipping.

Cause, like, every thread he's in, somebody does it

Do I like Dan's writing? yeah, I love it, we all do. And he's a really great guy. But the whole 'worship' thing is a bit silly

let's not turn this into John Byrne's forum, ya know?

anyway, back to the figure:

Dan, are you sure you'd prefer a Marvel Select version to a Marvel Legend? sacrifice articulation for a better sculpt? either way, I concur it should come with a kick ass tree branches wall-mountable base

THAT "WHAT'S WRONG?" WAS MEANT FOR ELIJYA

I'm just waiting for the day Dan gets up to 100 posts. Only 13 more to go!

Personally, I'd like to see Mr. Slott do a "Not Brand Echh!" book. And, please, don't have the other writers with their writer in-jokes get involved. We want to see humor making fun of the Marvel characters, not the people who write and draw them as was done in "What The?" that came out recently. Also, even though it's probably not in demand, I would love to see the serious side of Slott. If you can write humor this well, I would think you could write drama, too. After all, they say comedy is much harder to do. Heck, you can be the Robin Williams of Marveldom.

Slott's Arkham Asylum: Living Hell was darker and more serious than his Marvel work. It was penciled by Ryan Sook, who's currently drawing X-Factor, too. Check that out for some of his serious side, it's a good read. :up:

while similar thoughts have occured to me, Phaed ("hey, what if dan did "Dan Slott Destroys the Marvel Universe" just like Fred Hembeck did!?") I think Dan will forge his own writers path rather than follow in the footsteps of others

Elijya said:
let's not turn this into John Byrne's forum, ya know?
Well, I don't think anyone's offered to go down on him yet, so we might be ok. For now... :(

Ya know, all that articulation, as cool as it is, makes it hard to play with th' damn things.

I've never noticed that. I like as much articulation as I can get, so long as the joints aren't wobbly. The Marvel Legends line has pretty good, stiff joints despite all of the articulation, too. I've had Cap, Iron Man, and Thor stuck in the same poses on top of my desk for months now.

Elijya said:
Dan, I know some action figure customizers who could do a knock-out job on her, and maybe the rest of the team, if you'd like

but I don't think we'll be seeing anything liscensed unless you take over the non GL Avengers and have them be the starring line up for a few years

or we could start a petition to make them Heroclix. They'll make anybody a Heroclix. Although I was disappointed they didn't make an Awesome Andy varient for the Awesome Android.... :(

Yeah... Way back when I got a bunch of custom figures done.

They're cool-- but no matter who makes 'em, you can't re-pose them or paint will chip off. Or worse, a specially molded piece will pop off. The biggest problem? With the number of obscure figures that are coming out these days-- through DC Direct, Diamond Select, the JLU figures, and so on... if you just wait long enough-- they'll make it!

And, boy does it sting when you fork out the moolah for a custom-- and then a company ACTUALLY makes the darn thing! That's happened to me enough that I've stopped collecting customs. But I still have a few on the shelf.

My custom collection:

THE MIGHTY DESTROYER (custom built off a Superman from the Super Powers line).
THE BLAZING SKULL (built from a Daredevil from a Spider-Man line and a Ghost Rider, of course).
THE TWO-GUN KID (built off of a Lone Ranger figure)
NIGHT THRASHER & SPEEDBALL (from an e-Bay bid-- don't know the original figures-- but the Speedball is amazing-- all the little "bubbles" were meticulously painted on.)
POWDERED TOASTMAN (built off a Superman Adventures figure. Boy, was I ticked when Palisades scrapped-- and never released-- their second line of R&S figures. Because their PTM looked GREAT!)
and
HARDBODY (one of the five MEGASTAR characters Paul Pelletier and I created for Acclaim Comics. I also got another MEGASTAR character made, ODDBALL, and was planning on commissioning all five-- but Oddball fell of the shelf and shattered. Aww...)

Elijya said:
Were you the one I sent that link to? does anyone else know about that?.....

What is this link you speak of? I must see it.

I'd love to get a Sqirrel Girl figure in Marvel Legends. I'm not too keen on a Marvel Select figure, because of the lack of articulation and the bigger scale. Would you really want a Squirrel Girl that towers over your ML Iron Man? I'd love to see see come with a tree branch base and a few Squirrels. And of course a removable Flatman scarf and Doorman beanie.:up:

cqb101 said:
What is this link you speak of? I must see it.
we shall not speak of it
I'd love to get a Sqirrel Girl figure in Marvel Legends. I'm not too keen on a Marvel Select figure, because of the lack of articulation and the bigger scale. Would you really want a Squirrel Girl that towers over your ML Iron Man? I'd love to see see come with a tree branch base and a few Squirrels. And of course a removable Flatman scarf and Doorman beanie.:up
MS figures are usually pretty in scale with MS figures. Ultimate Cap is the only one I can think of that's a little too big. But everything else fits in perfect with my MLs

also, neither MLs or MSs usually come with many accessories. I think the most I've seen is two or three. I think a Doorman cap and Flatman scarf might be a bit much to hope for

Dan_Slott said:
Yeah... Way back when I got a bunch of custom figures done.

They're cool-- but no matter who makes 'em, you can't re-pose them or paint will chip off. Or worse, a specially molded piece will pop off. The biggest problem? With the number of obscure figures that are coming out these days-- through DC Direct, Diamond Select, the JLU figures, and so on... if you just wait long enough-- they'll make it!

And, boy does it sting when you fork out the moolah for a custom-- and then a company ACTUALLY makes the darn thing! That's happened to me enough that I've stopped collecting customs. But I still have a few on the shelf.

My custom collection:

THE MIGHTY DESTROYER (custom built off a Superman from the Super Powers line).
THE BLAZING SKULL (built from a Daredevil from a Spider-Man line and a Ghost Rider, of course).
THE TWO-GUN KID (built off of a Lone Ranger figure)
NIGHT THRASHER & SPEEDBALL (from an e-Bay bid-- don't know the original figures-- but the Speedball is amazing-- all the little "bubbles" were meticulously painted on.)
POWDERED TOASTMAN (built off a Superman Adventures figure. Boy, was I ticked when Palisades scrapped-- and never released-- their second line of R&S figures. Because their PTM looked GREAT!)
and
HARDBODY (one of the five MEGASTAR characters Paul Pelletier and I created for Acclaim Comics. I also got another MEGASTAR character made, ODDBALL, and was planning on commissioning all five-- but Oddball fell of the shelf and shattered. Aww...)

that sounds like an awesome collection, Dan :up:

My only custom is a Meastro that was just too cool to pass up (and of course, now they're making him, grrr......) I would really enjoy getting more customs, but it's so expensive. I'd rather concentrate on comics or art. My hobbies are getting so expensive and time consuming, I've already given up one of them (video games)

Dan_Slott said:
All right!
Time to take this one by the reins!
Grab hold of your destiny!
Stand up and be counted!

I want a d@mn SQUIRREL GIRL Diamond Select Action Figure!

With optional FLATMAN scarf, DOORMAN cap, and with MONKEY JOE & TIPPY-TOE sidekicks! Maybe even a DEATHURGE SQUIRREL thrown in for good measure!

And the base should be a toppled THANOS, laid out like a beeeeyot¢h!
Yeah! You heard me! Captial B, lower case -eeeeyot¢h!

So?! Who's up for it?!!

Let's get this write-in campaign started, people!

C'mon!

CAN YOU DIG IT?!!

(I can't hear you!)

CAN YOU DIG IT?!!!

I want a d@mn SQUIRREL GIRL Diamond Select Action Figure TOO!

So,..... Snail male or E-Mail?

(I would be willing to do many things for a Squirrel Girl Action Figure,....)

Varient said:
I would be willing to do many things for a Squirrel Girl Action Figure,....
really? well, my horned friend over here has a contract he'd like you to sign....

Of course my biggest issue would be the tail.

How would that be articulated?

Would it be Plush,.. or plastic?

Monkey Joe Translucent on one shoulder, Tippie Toe on the other,

On a Side note if Dan Slott is reading -
Mention somewhere that Squirrel Girl has an ambiant ability to naturally raise the intelligence of squirrels that are around her for extended periods of time,.... it explains how Monkey Joe could surf the web,......................

I'm quietly happy, trying not to Geek out my friends on the SHH with my joy at seeing Squirrel Girl in Print twice in one year.

If the Rumor about the Romance issue is true (Speedball?), I have something to look forward to in 2006.

happy dance,.. happy dance,... feeling the burn baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"