• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Plot Device - Short film

Project862006

Avenger
Reaction score
this short video has been circling the net past couple weeks and it is quite good

Plot Device is the latest short film to get execs and talent scouters hot and bothered here in Hollywood. The short hit the town a couple of weeks ago and it didn’t take very long for the man behind it, Seth Worley of Nashville, to find himself in the spotlight.
Worley works for Lifeway Christian Resources, where he produces videos for everything from conferences to summer camps. Last year he made a promo for a Lost fan contest that got him noticed by Red Giant, a software application maker, which asked him to make a promo for Magic Bullet, a color correction tool.
A couple of rejected ideas later, and using a budget of $10,000 and a crew paid in free software, Plot Device was hatched.
It’s a simple tale: A guy buys a how-to device that magically transports him into different storytelling genres, but it’s done with humor and with a certain amount of pizzazz that is quite winning. Worley wrote and directed Device and did the visual effects himself; Worley’s brother is the star and provided music.
When it hit the web at the end of June, the video started making the rounds at film studios and agencies, and calls started coming in. Now the 27 year old is planning an August trip to Los Angeles and has lined up meetings with CAA, UTA, WME, some management firms and producers.
His favorite movie is Jurassic Park, and he hopes to follow in the footsteps of those who have inspired his work.

“(Jon) Favreau, (J.J.) Abrams, (Alex) Kurtzman and (Roberto) Orci, I’m ripping those guys off in my videos,” Worley tells Heat Vision. “They are doing exactly what I want to be doing.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKZfAQ7L_WM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"