Pokemon

This is just for fun. Nintendo doesn't allow any of its properties get turned into live action films since "The Super Mario Bros" movie.

We all know that if they made a Pokemon movie, they'd cast Ash as a white guy. :o

If Team Rocket is in it AND recites their rhyme I'm there for the midnight showing.

We all know that if they made a Pokemon movie, they'd cast Ash as a white guy. :o
This is something hollywood needs to get over. Every big blockbuster movie has a white male for the lead...unless you are Will Smith. This is just ridiculous. Its like hollywood is afraid to break the mold...they somehow think a minority will give less box office results and that is not true. If you have a good story, good special effects...people will flock to see the movie.

This is something hollywood needs to get over. Every big blockbuster movie has a white male for the lead...unless you are Will Smith. This is just ridiculous. Its like hollywood is afraid to break the mold...they somehow think a minority will give less box office results and that is not true. If you have a good story, good special effects...people will flock to see the movie.

The only color Hollywood care about, is green.
Doesn't matter if your black, white, asian, mexican etc...If you can pull
in the Box Office, then they will use bankable stars.

Gotta resurrect this thread, been thinking about this idea latelly, if they marketed it well and made a decent film, i could see a Pokémon live-action film making a load of money.

Anybody watched the latest Pokémon: Origin OVA? If a film like this was done i don't see the problem in Ash being cast as a white guy, there are many characters that shouldn't be white washed, but he isn't exactly one of them, Ash isn't even his Japanese name.

However the only aspect of Ash that should be put in the film is his name, the personality and plot should take more from the games and the Pokémon Adventures manga than the anime. I can see the plot being put into a single film, you could only have the character go through 3 or 4 gym leaders and mostly resolve around team rocket.

It would be amazing if the conclusion was a fight between Ash and Giovanni similar to the one in the Pokémon Adventures manga, there the fight was pesonal, done in an interesting and original manner, and the climax paid up.

There would have to be some skips in time, which would be the trickiest part in order for the plot to still feel progressive without needing to show the main character capturing every single Pokémon. The sequel could resolve around the legendary pokemons and the league, if there is one.

How it should be shot? In real locations, probably a bit stylised in order to add more color, the pokemons should look 3 Dimensional and to look like they're there interacting with the environment, but not look way too different from the original designs or too close to real animals to the point where they just become creepy.

I have been waiting for a live action version since the day Pokémon was a hype over the world. It never happened. I find it strange, because Turtles got as much as three live action films back in the day.

Being from Japan probably influences that choice, just look at Dragon Ball's popularity and what they did with the property, it didn't even have a big budget, and unlike the likes of Fantastic Four, DBE was barelly marketed. I guess that to Hollywood, Japanese franchises simply can't make a decent movie or profit, i guess that will change once somebody makes a major success out of a certain manga/ anime, once that happens i can already picturing various studios trying to rush adapatation out of what they have and then complaining that it's the property's fault for being too difficult to adapt.

That OVA was incredibly well done. I liked their embellishments on Giovanni's backstory.

Wow what a necrabump!

You know who would be great for Jesse and James?

Jennifer Lawrence and Neil Patrick Harris

I don't think there should be a Jesse and James, they would only take away the focus from more interesting characters like Ash (Red) , the rival or Giovanni. And i would rather the main character interacted with his rival and the female Kanto Trainer (shown in the Pokémon Adventures manga as a thief and badass on her oun, and later incorpurated in the remakes) than having him travel with Brock or Misty.

My friend and I were chatting the other day about how easy it would be to make an avengers style franchise out of pokemon. For example, imagine how cool it would be to see a jaws style movie but with a sharkedo instead of jaws and with officer Jenny instead of Brody.

Anyway what movie adaptions could you imagine being remade in the Pokemon world?

The inner kid in me would love a Pokemon movie, but how would you do it? The concept of Pokemon works so much better in a series-format. Whether it's catching more and more pokemon, getting more gym badges or aiming for the final tournament. I also think having Team Rocket (especially Jesse/James) would put the movie dangerously close to being really campy or silly. We love them in the show, but you would probably have to change them a bit to make it work in a live action movie.

Ha, it never occurred to me until I saw this thread that they've never tried a live-action movie for this. Surprising.

The inner kid in me would love a Pokemon movie, but how would you do it? The concept of Pokemon works so much better in a series-format. Whether it's catching more and more pokemon, getting more gym badges or aiming for the final tournament. I also think having Team Rocket (especially Jesse/James) would put the movie dangerously close to being really campy or silly. We love them in the show, but you would probably have to change them a bit to make it work in a live action movie.

I reckon they'll just do what Star Wars is doing and have tons of spin offs. So like one of a Pokemon trainer, another for team rocket, one for a group of poke scientists etc

A shared Poke-verse where several trainers meet up to take down the mighty Team Rocket in a team-up movie? Sign me up. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"