Possible malware imbedded here?

can anyone give me any info about the software fom malwarebytes.org ?

i thought about downloading it but wanted to see if anyone has used it before or is familiar with it

I just downloaded it after seeing a recommendation on another board. It seems to be well regarded at spywarewarrior.com.

It did not however find anything on my system and the changing skin problem I have been having still persists. Nothing has been found by the two antivirus programs and four antispyware programs that I am currently running. The only thing that I have found is that rootkitrevealer finds suspicious files in the cache of whatever browser I use on this site. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my firefox browser with no effect.

Do you get this problem with other browsers?

Yes, it happened with Safari as well. I am on the Classic now and it hasn't changed on me. I gave up for a day or two and left it on the blue skin. I tried Safari the other day and had never been here with it before since I barely use it. It changed just like Firefox. Then I reinstalled Firefox and it still happened. After that I gave up for a while. Hopefully, whatever it was is gone. Both the classic and the Dynamite skins had changed to the blue, usually with the dropdown box still listing the other skin.

i'm using the Classic Redux and i switch between IE and Opera, depending on what computer i'm on.

since switching skins i've had no more problems knock on wood

I just downloaded it after seeing a recommendation on another board. It seems to be well regarded at spywarewarrior.com.

It did not however find anything on my system and the changing skin problem I have been having still persists. Nothing has been found by the two antivirus programs and four antispyware programs that I am currently running. The only thing that I have found is that rootkitrevealer finds suspicious files in the cache of whatever browser I use on this site. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my firefox browser with no effect.

i just downloaded the free version and am gonna give it a shot on my desktop. that's the only computer i'm having problems with anymore and i'm not sure whether it's due to this site or not.

it takes uncharacteristically long to boot up (like 10+minutes) as well as some program which I thought was Roxio always trying to install or something. i'll screen cap next time i turn it on

You may have registry errors. There are programs that will fix it but I don't know of any that are free. In addition blackviper.com used to have a file that tell of all the services and which you can safely turn off. Many services run by default and are of no real use. The indexing service is one.

i have CCleaner and i use that to clear my registry. the program for Roxio Media Manager that tries to run every start up, i deleted a long time ago. when i run a search, nothing comes up :mad:

Go to oldversions.com and download jv16 powertools and use it to find the remnants of the program. I have version 1.3 and it is great at removing leftovers. Also try the trial of Registry booster 2. It will tell you how many errors you have in your registry and remove some of them. To remove them all you will have to buy the program. I also use ccleaner and it leaves registry errors on my system.

well i downloaded the software from errorfix.com and it told me i had over 300 errors. it fixed 90 things, but it won't fix it all unless you register (aka pay up)

i'm not paying :defiant:

I run registrybooster every once in a while to see how many errors I have but I am too cheap to buy it and fix them.

Your site keeps causing a pop-up that tells me Adobe Reader has stopped working or something and is going to slow down my computer if it continues? It's acting very oddly.

I can't find a thread or it's become that old on the forum problems, but is this whats causing the board to become so slow?

Sometimes the pages or site wont respond then it leads to double or triple posting.

What's wrong with this site? Sometimes it's ok. Some days it's ok, then for some unknown sporadic reasons it just becomes unresponsive. And why are pop ups getting through on Safari?... when pop up windows are checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"